Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neither do they!!!!!
Talk to sales Mgr and then Gm. They didn't ask, you did t agree. It will be an uncomfortable situation....but you should NOT be taken advantage of....after all this crap!!! But....again all up to your comfort.
Sponsored

BENNYBRONCOnLILCYNDICKY

Base
First Name
cyndill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Status changed to shipped!!!!!!! No email but doesn't matter omg it actually feels real now it's actually finally happening! EDD still 7/21-7/27 will it be here in 2 days ?? LOL yes this is what i do at work all day just checking the trackers hourly

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Talk to sales Mgr and then Gm. They didn't ask, you did t agree. It will be an uncomfortable situation....but you should NOT be taken advantage of....after all this crap!!! But....again all up to your comfort.
thank you so much for the help!!! i’m so upset that this is happening because now i’m not excited to pick it up. this is my first big purchase ever, and obviously first new car.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
ok y’all i need help ASAP! supposed to pick up today. they added these on without me knowing. it increases the price by $3000+ which then increases sales tax by alot. i knew about the desert protection (because they had mentioned when i ordered the window tint & door guard) but was not told about the rest. I’M PISSED. is this normal? can i fight it?

DD49B56C-09B6-43BE-9347-56FC9D67C163.jpeg
The Defence GPS is nothing but an inventory tracker/spy tool the dealership puts on their vehicles. They'll try to say that it has all of these geofencing features and stuff that you'll never actually use, but those features benefit the dealership because they can track their inventory on or off of the lot. The tracker collects data about your driving/mileage which is (likely) aggregated by a big 3rd party company who sends out reminders and things about oil changes, upcoming service reminders, etc. in the name of the dealership. It's basically an "after the sale" marketing tool that helps no one but the dealership.

**STEPS ON SOAPBOX**

The one most often used down here is Apex Protect, which is owned by Ben Keating under his Tropocaval Media business name. He also happens to own a crap ton of auto dealerships as "Keating Auto Group" that all are "required" to install Apex trackers on every vehicle they sell. If you fight it at the time or purchase, the salesman just says that the owner requires it and there's nothing that can be done. It's just a big scam to try and charge the customer for something that benefits the dealership. He's even quoted himself on his Apex Protect website. What a sleaze.

“It’s the only thing I’ve ever seen where we have real, legit, really good security for ourselves, and instead of paying for the security, I’m making money on it. That’s as good as it gets. Really what Apex Protect has, is and does, it’s the most dealer friendly system that I’ve seen out there.”
Ben Keating
President, Keating Auto Group

JennaLynn02

Outer Banks
First Name
Jenna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Defence GPS is nothing but an inventory tracker/spy tool the dealership puts on their vehicles. They'll try to say that it has all of these geofencing features and stuff that you'll never actually use, but those features benefit the dealership because they can track their inventory on or off of the lot. The tracker collects data about your driving/mileage which is (likely) aggregated by a big 3rd party company who sends out reminders and things about oil changes, upcoming service reminders, etc. in the name of the dealership. It's basically an "after the sale" marketing tool that helps no one but the dealership.

**STEPS ON SOAPBOX**

The one most often used down here is Apex Protect, which is owned by Ben Keating under his Tropocaval Media business name. He also happens to own a crap ton of auto dealerships as "Keating Auto Group" that all are "required" to install Apex trackers on every vehicle they sell. If you fight it at the time or purchase, the salesman just says that the owner requires it and there's nothing that can be done. It's just a big scam to try and charge the customer for something that benefits the dealership. He's even quoted himself on his Apex Protect website. What a sleaze.

“It’s the only thing I’ve ever seen where we have real, legit, really good security for ourselves, and instead of paying for the security, I’m making money on it. That’s as good as it gets. Really what Apex Protect has, is and does, it’s the most dealer friendly system that I’ve seen out there.”
Ben Keating
President, Keating Auto Group
will i be able to tell them no? if it “was already installed”?

Sponsored

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally got baby pic. Been in shipping a long while. Maybe she'll actually show up some day...
Ford Bronco đź›  1/17/2022 Build week group image

Last edited:

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Status changed to shipped!!!!!!! No email but doesn't matter omg it actually feels real now it's actually finally happening! EDD still 7/21-7/27 will it be here in 2 days ?? LOL yes this is what i do at work all day just checking the trackers hourly
I got my email after my status changed. I'm at work trolling my Bronco forum too!

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once you guys were tracking your Bronco's, how many times did you call the rail company each day and see where it was?

jtt411

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 weeks bronco in shop for bad turbo. Hopefully done today. Hope u all have good ford quality ! Still love it though
How’d you know it was bad? Was it showing and PSI? Just not holding it?

BroncoRob_Reignited

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 m240i Convertible, 2021 Bronco (pending)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The customer service lady gave me a different number to call to track my Bronco. It is 800-877-5123 it works a lot like the other one.

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Opticnerve19

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti qx60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How’d you know it was bad? Was it showing and PSI? Just not holding it?
Reduced power came up on dash when shifting from 2nd to 3rd (manual). Drove home. Parked in drive way. Turned off and on. Turbo failure alert car dash. Turbo came 1 day. Took 3 weeks for the gaskets. Just picked my bronco up tonight. I have been gentle. Bad luck.

Interwest

Big Bend
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco đź›  1/17/2022 Build week group image

Just got the baby pic! Dealer is saying any day now.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
will i be able to tell them no? if it “was already installed”?
The best you can do is get them to remove the charge, but they’ll leave the tracker on the vehicle. They basically mount in-line with the OBD port under the dash, so they’re not hard to spot (other than the fact that you have to be a contortionist to get to it) if you want to remove it after delivery. However, the dealership will typically install it at PDI, so you may be able to pitch a fit before they have a chance to put it on.
Sponsored