First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is your wife doing as a CPA on a travel basis? I'm a CPA and do local audits in the Chicago suburbs and there are no travel perks in my job outside of conferences. Are you just going to wait for the bronco or go back down since who knows how long it'll be still?
Going back Friday 'cause "who knows how long it will be" and want to do fun things with the wife (neither one of us can sit still for 5 minutes).

Maybe TMI but you asked -
My wife was an auditor for a big four firm. Likely similar to you, she has all the letters (CPA, MBA, CPE...). She did some private after the big four but didn't like it. Now she's back in consulting, working for a smaller firm, advising her client's accounting team. She is a traveler (works in the client's office) so she gets the associated perks. She'll be there at least through the summer. I'll likely travel back and forth so I'll need a car for each location.

Bringing the Bronco to Dallas because the average car in Dallas is an F150, so I typically look at lug nuts in the Lotus. Also, the roads are built for trucks so the little Lotus struggles with the potholes and ruts that trucks don't even feel.
Sponsored

Indy Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Number of vehicles listed in production and "ON HOLD" peaked at 590 this morning. Its down to 587 now. Hopefully this is a sign they are focusing on clearing out the production holds. 🙏

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was on the CPA path (halfway through the exams) as an auditor for a mid-sized regional firm until I switched gears - I was flying all over the west coast to clients as far was Montana and Alaska.
What made you switch gears - hours and travel? Public accounting is going to be struggling if we don't get it together. No one wants to work 60+ hour weeks anymore, even if it is only for "busy season". I've been in auditing for 16+ years and I am TIRED! We can't get good people in the door let alone keep them for more than 3-4 years.

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Going back Friday 'cause "who knows how long it will be" and want to do fun things with the wife (neither one of us can sit still for 5 minutes).

Maybe TMI but you asked -
My wife was an auditor for a big four firm. Likely similar to you, she has all the letters (CPA, MBA, CPE...). She did some private after the big four but didn't like it. Now she's back in consulting, working for a smaller firm, advising her client's accounting team. She is a traveler (works in the client's office) so she gets the associated perks. She'll be there at least through the summer. I'll likely travel back and forth so I'll need a car for each location.

Bringing the Bronco to Dallas because the average car in Dallas is an F150, so I typically look at lug nuts in the Lotus. Also, the roads are built for trucks so the little Lotus struggles with the potholes and ruts that trucks don't even feel.
That sounds fun. I don't think I could do the travel gig now (two small kids 6 &8) but it sounds like she probably has some more control over what/where/how she works. I hope you get some movement on the Bronco soon so you don't break your lotus and don't look so out of place ;)

mediaMark

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX8, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got mine from Ford Chat.
Also got railcar info from Ford chat after dealer didn't answer... While ford email said end of delivery window is tomorrow (5/4), the railcar it's on is currently in OH, and scheduled to arrive in SC on 5/11.

Sponsored

ByrdDogX

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also got railcar info from Ford chat after dealer didn't answer... While ford email said end of delivery window is tomorrow (5/4), the railcar it's on is currently in OH, and scheduled to arrive in SC on 5/11.
What rail system?
Mine (Norfolk) doesn't give me any details like that. Just the same automated message since Saturday that intermediate thru Indiana on April 30th at 9:19am.

Just checked again and still the same message.

mediaMark

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX8, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
What rail system?
Mine (Norfolk) doesn't give me any details like that. Just the same automated message since Saturday that intermediate thru Indiana on April 30th at 9:19am.

Just checked again and still the same message.
csx

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

mine went via BNSF and said it was in transit till yesterday when it showed up at the dealer. I couldn't effectively track it on the rail I couldn't get past the login page cause my co doesn't ship freight via rail...

JWal47

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Scout 80, 1965 Chevy c10, 1981 Chevy c30
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got my shipped email this morning. Expected delivery April 28-may4 to SD. We’ll see how that holds up.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think in regards to the shipping aspect, Ford sets the expectation knowing they are going to beat it.

Sponsored

KingOfSavages

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks 4DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question: Has anyone who is waiting for delivery via convoy either received a shipping notification or taken delivery? (Aside from the luck souls very near the plant)

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Bronco is still sitting at the Poe Auto Terminal (Petersburg VA) about 25 miles from the dealer. Looks like it was off loaded from the train on Sunday. United Road hasn't scheduled it to be picked up yet - here's hoping it just magically shows up at the dealer LOL.

NorthCoast

Outer Banks
First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Freedom Edition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still "in production" / "on hold" etc etc. Not even doing the Ford chat ... I'll wait until the 7th when they said the hold should be resolved. I remember the good old days of April 13, 2022 when I was anxiously awaiting having my vehicle by the end of the month then WHABAM - "on hold" ...

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What made you switch gears - hours and travel? Public accounting is going to be struggling if we don't get it together. No one wants to work 60+ hour weeks anymore, even if it is only for "busy season". I've been in auditing for 16+ years and I am TIRED! We can't get good people in the door let alone keep them for more than 3-4 years.
For sure, the burn out is real. Have a few close friends that have stayed with the firm now for near 10 years, now senior managers on the path to partners, and question their career path for 3-4 straight months.

As for me, after a handful of years watching partners look miserable, I realized I needed a different kind of challenge. I started my own business, now own a few, and work far less hours making more than my buddies at the firm. I might be one of the reasons they question their career paths 😅🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored