Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh, and I installed a catch can because why not.

IMG_1242.jpeg

Also picked up some sweet ZFG merch. Gotta love the BetaTester decal.

IMG_1239.jpeg
Sponsored

NM_Wildtrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 door wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you install an ethanol content reader or just going off a tune/mix ratio. Locally in my area E85 is hard to find close to it usually it’s only 50~78% max.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Did you install an ethanol content reader or just going off a tune/mix ratio. Locally in my area E85 is hard to find close to it usually it’s only 50~78% max.
My current tune is full E85. No need to mix with 93. The local Sheetz is always around 70%. Not great, but better than nothing.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Quick update. Working with Adam at ZFG to get the E85 tune dialed in. We ran into some misfire issues, but hoping we can get them rectified soon. That said, a 12 second Bronco is more realistic than you think. There’s still more room in the E85 tune and she’s already scooting with up 21-22 PSI of consistent boost.

My best 0-60 and 1/4 mile thus far.

Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread IMG_1278
Ford Bronco 0-60 in 4 Seconds - My 2.7 Bronco Performance Modification Thread IMG_1277

Last edited:

Sponsored

SCB FabWorx

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cadillac CTS V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is crazy for a 4x4!! I burned a tank of E85 mixed with 93 (guestimating obtaining E30), and there was a noticeable difference in power. I had loaned out my Dragy so I didn't get a chance to log it. Keep up the good work MWILD!!

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got a Dragy. Waiting for it to arrive. Gonna buy the ZFG tune in few days to a week and give it a go. I'm on 37in wheels so we'll see how much slower I am ha.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just got a Dragy. Waiting for it to arrive. Gonna buy the ZFG tune in few days to a week and give it a go. I'm on 37in wheels so we'll see how much slower I am ha.
Awesome! Looking forward to seeing your results! Love the ZFG Tune.

Langwilliams

Big Bend
First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco big bend, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I mix 4 gallons of E85 with 11 or so gallons of 89 midgrade. My math says that's about 92 octane so it's a tank of premium for the price of regular. No aftermarket tune yet buy I might do a piggyback tune. I'm looking into 35's off a member on here so I might need the umph to make up for the weight an gearing loss.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@MWILD How are your rezeppa joints holding up with all the rippin hole shots I'm sure you are doing. 😁

Sponsored

e34john

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
e10, e30, e34
Your Bronco Model
Base
Never thought a Bronco would be getting those numbers with just the mods you've done. Starting to really think I purchased the wrong version. Also as much fun at the 7mt is I know that is slowing me down a good bit too. Need to really learn to launch it and stop lifting on shifts.

GreyZ

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo 350z, Bronco Badlands, Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These are awesome results. Do you lose any of the OEM functions with this? Keypad entry/over the air updates/ etc?

Do you still run the procal? or is ZFG handleing the transmission tuning and engine tuning as a single standalone option?

Super impressive results.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never thought a Bronco would be getting those numbers with just the mods you've done. Starting to really think I purchased the wrong version. Also as much fun at the 7mt is I know that is slowing me down a good bit too. Need to really learn to launch it and stop lifting on shifts.
The 2.3L is super capable, so I wouldn't count it out. Open up the exhaust and wait for custom tuning and she'll fly.

I'm not sure what's done to this Bronco besides the exhaust, but it puts down some super impressive numbers.

OP
OP
MWILD

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

These are awesome results. Do you lose any of the OEM functions with this? Keypad entry/over the air updates/ etc?

Do you still run the procal? or is ZFG handleing the transmission tuning and engine tuning as a single standalone option?

Super impressive results.
Thanks!

No OEM functions to my knowledge are lost and you shouldn't have any issues with your keys and keypad. All of that is handled when ZFG uses FDRS to program PATS.

ZFG includes transmission and throttle response tuning as well. Normal mode shifts faster, but is not harsh. Throttle response is better, but not by much. Feels like a normal Bronco, but with better transmission shifting and when you get into it she moves.

Sport mode is an absolute animal. Throttle response is much improved and the up and down shifts are hard and fast. The trans take a little bit to relearn, so it's a little clunky for a bit. I've chirped 2nd gear a few times... and don't launch it in 2WD because you'll leave tire marks for 20+ feet.

Sand mode has been converted into Drag mode. The biggest change is raising the shift points a few hundred RPM. You'll get the best times in this mode, but since it's locked to 4H I would recommend it for only going straight line runs - I also just had the tuner lock sand mode to 2nd gear launches. 1st gear puts down great times, but it's very violent and I feel like I'm gonna break something if I keep launching like that. 2nd gear is just as fast and not as much drama if you leave around 2.2-2.5K RPM.

Anyway, I no longer run the ProCal tune, I just use the ProCal 4 device for the extra gauges. The ZFG tune replaces the need for anything else.

Keep in mind, the E85 tune I'm on now is awesome, but the gas mileage sucks. I'm averaging around 13 MPG around town with normal driving - No WOT runs. I personally don't care that much, because I don't have a long commute and don't drive much. I'm saving money at the pump going w/E85, but it isn't readily available everywhere. I have a station 2 miles from my house, so I plan to run it for awhile. ZFG thinks I should be around 400+ WHP with E85 when the tune is fully dialed in (Not there yet). I do plan to dyno it and take it to the track in the future.
Sponsored

Last edited: