David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

11/17 blend on chip hold pitza tracker changed overnight from in production to built. Ford chat still says its On chip hold.
This might be a dumb question, but from a microchip standpoint, how can ford build broncos with later blend dates before earlier blend dates? Are there different types of chips? Does the next box of chips come in and go directly to the floor? Do builds on chip hold have to wait for an extra box of chips to come in?

It doesn't make sense to me that my bronco, with most of the bells and whistles, gets the chips (that I would imagine would work for yours) before yours.

I love to get excited about my bronco but it gets diluted when I hear about people not getting theirs for seemingly dumb reasons.

Hope your bronco gets chipped and shipped soon.
Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, it certainly seems real now. It arrived at the local rail yard late this morning. The last legs of the rail trip went really quick. It kicked around Illinois and Indiana for a couple days in the beginning, but once it was moving south it just kept on cruising.

Will reach out to the dealer tomorrow to see if they can end their streak of being useless in this process.
Is yours heading to NRH?

Bryan1995

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might be a dumb question, but from a microchip standpoint, how can ford build broncos with later blend dates before earlier blend dates? Are there different types of chips? Does the next box of chips come in and go directly to the floor? Do builds on chip hold have to wait for an extra box of chips to come in?

It doesn't make sense to me that my bronco, with most of the bells and whistles, gets the chips (that I would imagine would work for yours) before yours.

I love to get excited about my bronco but it gets diluted when I hear about people not getting theirs for seemingly dumb reasons.

Hope your bronco gets chipped and shipped soon.
Exactly!! I was thinking that, much higher trims of other cars with more options and electronics with luxury convenience can get built faster but bronco is getting delayed. As you said it is really interesting to see how other blend dates are getting built which is after mine and get on the rail or convoy, then mine is waiting on chip hold, it doesn't make any sense....

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My buddy just notified me this morning that we have a carrier assigned!
Looks like his internal system (see pic below) states approximate delivery would be 12/28. He said "We'll see..."

In the Ford tracker, I'm still showing as "Built" and "Awaiting Shipping."

Not sure how many deliveries will be made between the holidays. I imagine there are many people that will be working. I will be off that week, so it would be a great time to come in for me.

1670939672496blob (3).jpg

msschulte

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same est. 12/21-12/27 to texas but no info on shipment :(. i wonder if i am on the same train... built on 12/06
Mine is being shipped to Texas also but My delivery is
Arrived in Texas at what I believe to be the final rail stop. Up to the transport company and dealership now.
How did you find out it arrived? When I call UP all I get is when it left Michigan

Sponsored

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I followed the CSX rail car that it was assigned to on the CSX phone number. Shows that rail car was handed off to BNSF and is currently at BNSF at Alliance field. No real confirmation that my Bronco is actually there however.

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 SuperDuty, misc others
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is yours heading to NRH?
I wish. Grapevine. I have many not-nice words to say about that, starting with not letting me pick my dealer during the reservation process.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish. Grapevine. I have many not-nice words to say about that, starting with not letting me pick my dealer during the reservation process.
Oh bummer. I chose NRH during the reservation process, even though they are a healthy round trip for me. They gave me a smoking deal on a new cargo van back in 2019. I changed from an Autonation dealer close to me that I wouldn't give a dime to.

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh bummer. I chose NRH during the reservation process, even though they are a healthy round trip for me. They gave me a smoking deal on a new cargo van back in 2019. I changed from an Autonation dealer close to me that I wouldn't give a dime to.
I guess I didn't know you could pick the dealer. It 'assigned' me to Grapevine based on zip code. Lots of folks were changing dealers early on, and by the time I figured out how bad they are it was too late to change. I have purchased several vehicles through NRH and had great luck there as well.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess I didn't know you could pick the dealer. It 'assigned' me to Grapevine based on zip code. Lots of folks were changing dealers early on, and by the time I figured out how bad they are it was too late to change. I have purchased several vehicles through NRH and had great luck there as well.
Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping all goes as well as last time. I'm at the point I can't track the Bronco anymore so I have no idea when I'll be able to retrieve it. Hope the tornadoes missed it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

3G & 6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear that. I'm hoping all goes as well as last time. I'm at the point I can't track the Bronco anymore so I have no idea when I'll be able to retrieve it. Hope the tornado missed it.
I couldn't believe that when I saw it this morning. I watched the weather guys track that system all morning. I told you guys I was bad luck. Hopefully our Broncos were still inside the rail car when it went through. I didn't see any reports of hail this time, so we should be OK there.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I couldn't believe that when I saw it this morning. I watched the weather guys track that system all morning. I told you guys I was bad luck. Hopefully our Broncos were still inside the rail car when it went through. I didn't see any reports of hail this time, so we should be OK there.
Crazy. I will be looking at the paint with a magnifying glass! lol

Grapevine/Southlake tornado

Ford Bronco 11/28/2022 Build Week 413B6B3A-8817-48E7-9D5E-B6F058BF0607

Last edited:

ClatrnDZL

Wildtrak
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve been stuck in East Point, GA since 10pm last night. Headed to Florida on a Norfolk Southern train.
Anyone have any insight as to what would cause such a delay in East Point?

jason9m9

Big Bend
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve been stuck in East Point, GA since 10pm last night. Headed to Florida on a Norfolk Southern train.
Anyone have any insight as to what would cause such a delay in East Point?
What was your build and initial ship date?