Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told by my dealership initially that when I ordered I need to put a 1K deposit down. Seemed reasonable, but when I went to my dealership the same employee (who is the used car manager, but in charge of their Bronco program) did not require me to give him one. I specifically asked what deposit was needed and he said since you put down the 100 dollar reservation deposit, no more was needed. I'm a bit nervous that without a deposit I might not have an order. Also when I ordered i was given a pre-order sheet with my biuld and a price on it that he had me sign. is that realy all it takes to order ac 58k rig??? seems sketchy to me.
When I ordered mine in January, my dealer required a 10% deposit. I also signed a sales contract which the dealer signed also. I caught a lot of flack on the forums. People telling me I'm being taken advantage of. Ends up, whe I took delivery, I paid the signed contract price. No ADM, no screwing around.

In my opinion, the deposit doesn't mean shit. What you have to have is an agreed upon price signed by both parties. Without that, you are running the risk of an Additional Dealer Markup. If you think the market will cool down when your Bronco is delivered, you can take a chance with the price and who knows, you might pay less. Most likely, without the signed sales agreement you will be paying more for the next year.
Sponsored

jhenson81

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
so did you ever reserve a rig. or are you saying that you just walked into a ford dealership and said i want a bronco and they placed an order for you? a friend of mine wanted to just go buy/order one and she was told good luck it might be able to in 5 years...
Yeah I just walked in no reservation. The dealer I went to is a smaller one and they said they only had 25 orders. The person that does the orders told me it may be 6 months. So it's hard to tell which dealer to trust. There's no other vehicle I want right now so I'll wait as long as I have to.

I probably should have placed a reservation last year, but I didn't understand that the reservation process meant you can order at any time. Plus my financial situation wasn't as good as it is now.

Last edited:

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had no extra deposit on ordering, but did put $900 down when scheduled for production. I looked at it as security for me, assuring my Bronco was mine at agreed price.
Do you have a sales contract, or similar document? Depends on your state, but that says you have a binding agreement to purchase at an agreed upon price.

EJC

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's been a lot of policy changing as dealers got up to speed. My dealer didn't require a deposit ands actually refunded the 100 deposit. It's up to the dealer to decide what kind of deposit they want. I wouldn't worry about it. Check your reservation online. Mines ordered but not in production, confirmed online
Sounds scary that they even refunded the $100. Are you sure they’re not going to sell your bronco behind your back without any down payment or signed sales agreement?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you have a sales contract, or similar document? Depends on your state, but that says you have a binding agreement to purchase at an agreed upon price.
Yes, but it made me feel better that the sales agreement was "anchored" with some money.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds scary that they even refunded the $100. Are you sure they’re not going to sell your bronco behind your back without any down payment or signed sales agreement?
Not worried at all. It's at the dealer discretion. Just another 100 I'll pay at delivery.

Plus i get all the Ford emails others seem to be not getting. Plus any time i change my order it is updated correctly, i check the ford res# site.

I know there can be and are shady dealers, mine isnt. I honestly don't have one concern with my dealer

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, but it made me feel better that the sales agreement was "anchored" with some money.
(y)It is a step that many people have not taken, and then get surprised When their less than scrupulous dealer jerks them around with request for additional markup, etc.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

(y)It is a step that many people have not taken, and then get surprised When their less than scrupulous dealer jerks them around with request for additional markup, etc.
Yep, everything has been good with my dealer, but I have never dealt with them before. MSRP and no dealer fees or add ons, but I will hold off on a glowing review until I drive off unmolested.
Sponsored