First Name
TL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, F150, F250, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Delta, here's how I see it. If you are intending on keeping the FE pristine for it's resale value, then you'll get more at trade in.
Or, get the Bronco you can actually use and enjoy.

I went from a Black Diamond to a Base Squatch, because after months of soul searching, I realized I wanted something fun to keep and drive. It will be my 3rd Bronco, but I'm not selling this one. I'll have a smile on my face when they bury me.
Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone reassure me this isnt a dumb idea. My dealer will let me switch my model out on my reservation. Just need some reassurance I wont be missing anything vital or am overlooking anything. Im a simple guy. I dont need leather seats or big monitor screens.

Any advice is appreciated
"1st Edition to Base SAS, am I crazy?"

Well maybe you WERE crazy, but you are not now.

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would say that if you could afford it buy it and sell it as soon as you get it in. Take the money and get the basesquach. I would say put in a new reservation right now for your base. You will get what you pay for it, probably more for the FE and you can get the base.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What was the point of reserving a FE, so that someone else wouldnt get it? Yeah, you should get what you want, a base.
Iā€™m convinced this is a rhetorical question by OP.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you'd be crazy, personally. But I have a FE order that I'm stoked for, so I'm partial. That being said, I don't think you should listen to people on the internet. You should get the one you want and will make you happy.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uhh but it is special. Theyā€™re producing a limited amount in the first year.
Is there any other trim that can say that?
Limited != Special to me. But if someone's stoked for a FE that's great

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you skip the SAS, you could buy TWO Base Broncos for about the same money as a FE.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Um, yeah, like all of the trims are being produced in a limited amount. They have 190k reservations and only making 60k this year - so thatā€™s why basically first week res holders (for the most part) are getting a MY21.

If the other trims we being produced in an ā€˜unlimitedā€™ amount, than anyone who wanted one could get one and thatā€™s not the case.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on actual production numbers, there may be more FEs, than there are some of the other 2021 trims. Hell, a 4dr Base may be way more rare, than the FE.

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think everybody should change their order to base 2 door non-Sasquatch. šŸ˜ Imagine the look on Fordā€™s face if that happened.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Um, yeah, like all of the trims are being produced in a limited amount. They have 190k reservations and only making 60k this year - so thatā€™s why basically first week res holders (for the most part) are getting a MY21.

If the other trims we being produced in an ā€˜unlimitedā€™ amount, than anyone who wanted one could get one and thatā€™s not the case.
FE=Special... as in I couldnā€™t get one after web crash night one. But I could get any other trim thereafter.

Broncogoat

Badlands
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Trac, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone reassure me this isnt a dumb idea. My dealer will let me switch my model out on my reservation. Just need some reassurance I wont be missing anything vital or am overlooking anything. Im a simple guy. I dont need leather seats or big monitor screens.

All depends if it's about the money if money is not a concern you should keep the FE. If your want to save 20K drop down to BD and at least get mid package that provides ton of features. Don't drop to a base i don't think it will be desirable compared to BD and higher models

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

First Edition is a brilliant marketing move to make you spend $20,000 more for essentially the same vehicle as Base 2.7 Squatch. That's a lot for swaybar disco!

I would get the base and put the saved $20k towards the Warthog when it comes out. The bigger engine, bigger beefier better suspension, larger tire option, better brakes, etc is a lot more interesting than leather seats, bigger screen, extra electric doodads, etc.
Sponsored