Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I placed an order on 3/19/21 via dealer. No messages were received, except for order confirmation.
Here is my order info.
BB
Cactus Grey
2.3 Auto
SAS
mid package
AUX
TOW
HD Bumper
MIC

Hell knows when it will say VIN number and build information.
Sponsored

nrm101

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' mustang gt premium 22' BD 2.3 SAS 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
7/14 res date

BD
2Dr
Antimatter Blue
2.3 Auto
SAS
Mid
TOW

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

About to place an order for BaseSquatch 2dr 2.3L auto. I have to tow it behind my motorhome and I have the Air Force One air brake system that I'll move over from my Jeep. The 2.3 is vacuum boost brakes and 2.7 is electric boost, and I need the vacuum boost for this brake system so 2.3 it is. Don't mind the cost savings, and glad to hear the power is fine.

Otherwise I would be real tempted to go with the 2.7 because of the port injection. While the direct injection vehicles can run for a long time, the carbon build up on the valves is a real thing, just depends on luck and how it's driven, etc. I own an auto repair shop and we do the walnut blast to remove carbon build up on the back of the valves on a regular basis. The issue is crank case venting through the intake, and since with direct injection the fuel is injected into the cylinder there's nothing to clean venting oil residue from the back of the valves. Going to port injection allows the fuel to clean the valves. Not a big deal, but it is a reality.

I'm waiting on the 1st Bronco to arrive at the local dealership, within the next week, so my wife can sit in it and see if we can handle the height of the SAS pkg. If it's ok, then order a basesquatch, if it's too tall then it's likely BL.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I currently have a 4dr:
Badlands
Soft top
Sasquatch

Iā€™m debating on switching to a 2.3 to help offset some costs and to hopefully get it in MY21. I know itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess, but what does everyone think my chances are if I have a 7/23 reservation? Did someone have a similar build with that late of reservation? I also really donā€™t wanna give up the squatchā€¦

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I currently have a 4dr:
Badlands
Soft top
Sasquatch

Iā€™m debating on switching to a 2.3 to help offset some costs and to hopefully get it in MY21. I know itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess, but what does everyone think my chances are if I have a 7/23 reservation? Did someone have a similar build with that late of reservation? I also really donā€™t wanna give up the squatchā€¦
I have a Black Diamond squatch with 2.3 auto, standard package, mic top, tow package. I reserved on 7/14 and have a build date of 8/24. Iā€™m almost certain that the only reason I got a build date email during the last round was because of the 2.3. I still think itā€™s best to get what you want and fit around your budget. I havenā€™t changed my order from the beginning. Hope you get that build soon sir!!

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Black Diamond squatch with 2.3 auto, standard package, mic top, tow package. I reserved on 7/14 and have a build date of 8/24. Iā€™m almost certain that the only reason I got a build date email during the last round was because of the 2.3. I still think itā€™s best to get what you want and fit around your budget. I havenā€™t changed my order from the beginning. Hope you get that build soon sir!!
Thanks! I went ahead and changed to a soft top (not too big of deal) and 2.3 (cheaper so Iā€™m trying to make myself feel better).

min ok with these changes honestly, my lease ends pretty soon on my current carā€¦

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone received thereā€™s yet? Only heard of 1 2.3/auto/sas getting delivered, and that was the thread of the 2 door basesquatch in carbonized gray. The owners feedback said it was plenty powerful and to not undercount it. Iā€™ve been looking for more deliveries/impressions, especially 4 door, to try and round out some more impressions, but it seems almost all the deliveries so far have been either 2.7 squatch or 2.3 non-squatch.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! I went ahead and changed to a soft top (not too big of deal) and 2.3 (cheaper so Iā€™m trying to make myself feel better).

min ok with these changes honestly, my lease ends pretty soon on my current carā€¦
Hope everything goes in your favor! I honestly donā€™t think itā€™ll be a huge difference between 2.3 or 2.7 unless you have a lead foot. Besides they look the same!! Nobody has to know itā€™s a 2.3;)

NoDoorsNoProblem

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon SLT Mini-Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you actually convert your reservation to an order with your dealer starting in January when order banks opened? If your dealer isnā€™t on top of things, they may have never reached out to you to take your order. You might want to contact them about it, Ford Corporate isnā€™t going to talk directly to you to make sure you convert. That lies on the dealers.

Side note, this is a threat discussing 2.3/auto/sasquatch, not for 2.3/manual/non-sasquatch šŸ™ƒ

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have the same build except instead of roof racks I got Aux switches, I think itā€™s a bargain and will be a very desirable rig down the road. Simple but effective, comfortable but not to distractin.

Sponsored

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ditto!

I think the same way. I've also been doing serious off roading for many many years. The SAS package makes the Bronco a very capable trail rig, along with the bumpers, rock rails and skid plates. On the base model these can be picked up from the dealer parts dept or aftermarket. I have a baseSAS 2.3 ordered, July 7 2021, with about the same expectation as you. Only problem for me is that my wife has trouble getting into the Sasquatch Bronco, so I might be changing to a non-SAS Badlands. Still ok, with lockers and sway bar disconnect and 33's I'll go anywhere I want to go in it. Oh, and like the above comment, I didn't do roof rack but did the aux switches.

OP
OP
DonM

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My window sticker just populated! 8/4 blend.
Sponsored