First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched oils over the summer too. So, we’ll see next summer what it looks like after continuing to use Motul 5w30.
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You sure you have the hoses on correctly? Mishimoto or UPR (or other?).

What would happen if they were backwards? Haha.
As I tell my wife - I always reserve the right to be wrong; however, I have triple checked those hoses and I am 99.9% sure they are correct. 🤞🏼

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

11,000+ miles and not a drop.
Ok, I have to update this. I last checked at 6K then went on a 4800 mile road trip. I just checked at 12,110 miles and have this.
Ford Bronco 2.3L Catch Can Results 50E592F5-466E-4B1A-B27F-E88B4ABC503C

sorry about the previous statement of 11K without a drop. It should have been 6K without a drop.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get some in mine. Heck when I took off the stock hoses and put on the new ones for the catch can the stoke hoses had an oil film buildup on them already. install was shortly after purchase of the bronco, I posted pics of it on another thread.

It is never a lot as in holy chit the can was going to fill up amount but enough to be glad it's not going thru the intake. I also suspect a good chunk is water/moisture that is condensed and evaporates to a point.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those of us in the nasty cold winter states, I'm in MN with temps below 0 for the past few days. I checked my catch can (2.3L manual) and I have ice buildup and ice in the bottom of the can. I chipped out a good 1.5oz's. My concern is the freezing in the cap/screen and hoses. Any thoughts?

Ford Bronco 2.3L Catch Can Results IMG_3753.JPG

Ford Bronco 2.3L Catch Can Results IMG_3754.JPG

Sponsored

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Did everyone have to remove the driver side inner fender to install theirs? I can see where the hoses clip on otherwise.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did everyone have to remove the driver side inner fender to install theirs? I can see where the hoses clip on otherwise.
2.3 or 2.7 engine? I have a 2.3L, I went with the J&L OSC can. I did not have to remove the inner fender to install. They have a note on their website about a engine design change...

2021.5-2022 Ford Bronco 2.3L Ecoboost

**Please note, Ford changed the PCV line location in the middle of the 2021 model year. This oil separator only fits the later year change. We believe the change happened in 10/21 build dates. Please check over the install directions and compare to your own Bronco if you have a 2021! There is a picture above that circles this lines location!

https://www.jlosc.com/j-l-oil-separator-3-0-driver-side-2021-5-2022-ford-bronco-2-3l-ecoboost/

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.3l and mine was built in April 22. I got the mishimoto one but that shouldn’t matter since no matter the brand they go to the same places

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2.3 or 2.7 engine? I have a 2.3L, I went with the J&L OSC can. I did not have to remove the inner fender to install. They have a note on their website about a engine design change...

2021.5-2022 Ford Bronco 2.3L Ecoboost

**Please note, Ford changed the PCV line location in the middle of the 2021 model year. This oil separator only fits the later year change. We believe the change happened in 10/21 build dates. Please check over the install directions and compare to your own Bronco if you have a 2021! There is a picture above that circles this lines location!

https://www.jlosc.com/j-l-oil-separator-3-0-driver-side-2021-5-2022-ford-bronco-2-3l-ecoboost/
The mishimoto one is about 100xs harder to install compared to this one. I will be returning the mishi one and buying this. Mishimoto wants you to find the clip behind the motor and disconnect it and install new instead of tapping into the line like this one.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was getting nearly nothing in mine till the weather turned cold, now I get alot of oily water, enough to fill it to the screen in 2k mi. Not sure this is a good idea in cold climates. Have the mishimoto can on 2.3. The hose that goes to the intake shows oil residue inside, so no doubt, any oil it captures just floats on the captured water till its full enough to get sucked through the exit hose. Nice idea, but not sure it works well in winter?

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The mishimoto one is about 100xs harder to install compared to this one. I will be returning the mishi one and buying this. Mishimoto wants you to find the clip behind the motor and disconnect it and install new instead of tapping into the line like this one.
Yea I waited to find one that mounted towards the front so I could reach it.

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yea I waited to find one that mounted towards the front so I could reach it.
I ended up with a UPR and got the drain hose with valve. Can is mounted up front.

Going on a trip from NC to TN tomorrow, so we'll see if anything shows up with all this cold air driving.

JustinZ

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up removing the driver side inner fender liner and that made the job MUCH easier. Can probably be done without removing the fender liner, but its probably faster to just go ahead and do it. It really isn't much work to remove and I was kicking myself for not installing the catch can while I had the liners out anyway to install my suspension.

The Mishimoto can really isn't that hard to install (once you yank the fender liner).

And just to add on to what everyone else has said, I checked it at around 3,000 miles and there was only a tiny bit of oil in it. I'm just going to check it at oil changes from now on. I'm also in the camp of I'd rather it be there than not.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ended up removing the driver side inner fender liner and that made the job MUCH easier. Can probably be done without removing the fender liner, but its probably faster to just go ahead and do it. It really isn't much work to remove and I was kicking myself for not installing the catch can while I had the liners out anyway to install my suspension.

The Mishimoto can really isn't that hard to install (once you yank the fender liner).

And just to add on to what everyone else has said, I checked it at around 3,000 miles and there was only a tiny bit of oil in it. I'm just going to check it at oil changes from now on. I'm also in the camp of I'd rather it be there than not.
I was looking through the liner and from underneath and I can’t see shit. I will remove the liner and give it a go

OP
OP
NC_Pinz

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn't remove it but did remove a few connectors and pulled it back a bit for better access. The lower connection is mostly by feel once you figure out which connection it is. I did have an issue with the UPR directions. The PCV line I pulled was reconfigured and didn't look the same as the pics in their instructions. ID the top connection first then trace the line to the other termination point.
Sponsored