Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is it a runner or can the pan be pulled?
It's a runner, and since the F-150s have had issues getting the oil pans to seal, I don't want to chance it. But if I have to pull the pan to do something about new turbo drain locations I'll take a look.

img_3846-800x600.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: 0ne

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's a runner, and since the F-150s have had issues getting the oil pans to seal, I don't want to chance it. But if I have to pull the pan to do something about new turbo drain locations I'll take a look.

Ford Bronco 2.7 Oil Pan Capacity Answered img_3846-800x600
Whatcha' puttin' it in huh huh??
I find it amazing that the forum asks for something obscure like this and sure as shit someone has one lying around! 🤯

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco 2.7 Oil Pan Capacity Answered img_2328-800x600
I just bought a new one and after I do the measurements let me know if you want it...I won't have any use for it after that.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I find it amazing that the forum asks for something obscure like this and sure as shit someone has one lying around! 🤯
Many of the forums I frequent are like that. One of the best is probably Garage Journal for almost anything asked. People post pics of obscure tools, machines, etc to find out what they found in grandpa's tool box or garage and someone always knows and many times followed by someone posting a pic of theirs.

Reactions: 0ne

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you look at this video.... the crank shaft is never in the oil pan... so there is no sloshing of the oil by the crank shaft.... Ford 2.7 Ecoboost Oil Pan Replacement (Complete Guide) - Bing video
As it should be, oil sloshed by counterweights running in oil instead of air will not only cause drag on moving components but also push oil up the back side of pistons and eventual blowby.

But measuring the pan capacity has little to do with engine rated capacity as long as oil is sufficient for cooling and neverstarves the pump

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As it should be, oil sloshed by counterweights running in oil instead of air will not only cause drag on moving components but also push oil up the back side of pistons and eventual blowby.

But measuring the pan capacity has little to do with engine rated capacity as long as oil is sufficient for cooling and neverstarves the pump
Correct... but the real debate is the 6 or 7 qt. amount.... as for me I think it was to be 7 qt all along... just Ford didn't want to replace the dip stick... so they change the amount to 6 qts...

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct... but the real debate is the 6 or 7 qt. amount.... as for me I think it was to be 7 qt all along... just Ford didn't want to replace the dip stick... so they change the amount to 6 qts...
Mystery solved...based on comparing an actual F150 2.7 pan and the Bronco pan (filling both with 6 quarts and 7 quarts)we now have proof the Bronco pan holds LESS oil than the F150 pan...so it is clear that the Bronco was intended to hold 6. As another for a member pointed out, it appears that the initial idea to build a seven quart pan for the Bronco was more than likely abandoned when they figured out the pan had to be notched to fit the drive components. Had that notch not been put in the pan, maybe it would have held seven...but that's not the case now.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mystery solved...based on comparing an actual F150 2.7 pan and the Bronco pan (filling both with 6 quarts and 7 quarts)we now have proof the Bronco pan holds LESS oil than the F150 pan...so it is clear that the Bronco was intended to hold 6. As another for a member pointed out, it appears that the initial idea to build a seven quart pan for the Bronco was more than likely abandoned when they figured out the pan had to be notched to fit the drive components. Had that notch not been put in the pan, maybe it would have held seven...but that's not the case now.
Pictures or it didn’t happen? 🧐 Guess I’ll just put back in what comes out when I do my first change.📏💧

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good job Rob!
I'll continue to run 7qts like Ford sent it to me with their initial fill. And that's not speculation.
Sponsored