First Name
kEVIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think all of you who want so much more power and speed should've just gotten a vehicle that offers it. Perhaps the Lamborghini SUV? How about a Rivian? That goes 0-60 in 3.0 seconds and can ford 35 inches of water and is clearly built for amazing off-roading.

I'm not trying to be overly sarcastic, okay fine, just a bit. This vehicle is a Bronco and it has its place. Sure, everyone wants more power. Not really. Most are not going to modify an engine for no reason what-so-ever. I'd bet less than a fraction of 1% of Bronco and Jeep owners have any interest in making their vehicle faster. Broncos and Jeeps are not made for speed, sorry. The 392...what a joke...jam a huge engine in a Jeep just so a few people can talk about how cool it is yet totally unnecessary. Go ahead and take a fast turn and see how well that Jeep sticks to the road compared to a M3.

Make it easy and just buy a vehicle that comes with a lot more engine and then you won't have to spend a gazillion dollars trying to make a vehicle not meant for extreme speed have extreme speed.

For the over 99% of us, we'll just modify other things for other useless reasons...lol...

You make a valid point, but the reason I fell in love with the Bronco was the Bronco R. I wouldn't say that was made to crawl. The area I live in won't allow me to have a supra, which is what I originally wanted to spend this kinda money on. I get a lot of flooding in my neighborhood so I wanted something that was still fun, could be made faster and handle standing water well.
Sponsored

BeharG

Badlands
First Name
Behar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Jeffal + @Spiniker - 5K is likely a good OCI number provided the oil you use is up to the task. From what I see so far, there are two things to watch in the oil:

1. Viscosity Retention
2. Fuel Dilution

Fuel dilution will cause the oil to lose its viscosity at a faster rate versus an engine that does not suffer from dilution and given this is a HO twin turbocharged engine, I would want the oil to stay in the xW-30 viscosity range the entire time it is in the engine.

I dumped the factory fill (which I will assume to be Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-30) at 1,000 miles and it was already into the xW-20 viscosity range. Choosing an oil that is on the higher viscosity range of xW-30 will help with viscosity retention. The range is 9.3 to 12.5 cSt @100C temperature.

From the list of oils that I assembled located here, use Column M as a guide to find a thicker oil.
Owner of the Bronco Badlands 2.7 non-Sas. I did my first oil change at 3k miles and will be doing the next every 5k miles. I have been using Mobile so far.
Sponsored