First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is a much better video, instead of a guy standing around with the camera on his face with a hood open on a truck. It’s an actual tear down.

skip to 42 mins in the video. the bed plate is impressive to say the least.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you don't like the engine, get something else.
Pretty easy decision.
I love my 2.7, it feels like a V8 in fact I was surprised it made the same amount of torque the 5.0 makes but 2000 RPM lower.
Only time will tell how reliable these engines are, so far since 2015 they've done very well.
Agreed. Anyone who bought a Bronco for acceleration is simply barking up the wrong tree. Get a Rivian if you want a capable off-road vehicle that acclerates quickly...not many vehicles on the road beat 3 seconds 0-60 and I don't care what mods you make to a bronco, it'll never get there.

Regardless, the bronco isn't meant for any speed...it's meant for off-road capability and decent on-road function.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. Anyone who bought a Bronco for acceleration is simply barking up the wrong tree. Get a Rivian if you want a capable off-road vehicle that acclerates quickly...not many vehicles on the road beat 3 seconds 0-60 and I don't care what mods you make to a bronco, it'll never get there.

Regardless, the bronco isn't meant for any speed...it's meant for off-road capability and decent on-road function.
I got mine for acceleration... Every time I do a difficult obstacle, my heart rate accelerates! lol :whistle:

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe you are not feeding your Bronco🐴 enough carrots 🥕

Last edited:

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems there’s a lot of people who don’t care how much power or how fast the Bronco is, yet most want the Coyote motor… I get it, you don’t buy a Bronco to drag race or beat a Tesla Plaid, but what’s wrong with wanting more power?

I watch Bronco Raptor and Jeep Wrangler 392 reviews and so many comments are complaining about the 3.0 and praising the 392. Is it just about the sound of the V8? Every car journalist I see react to flooring the 392 wrangler is smiling ear to ear. Would their reaction be the same if it did 0-60 in 7 secs?

I’m personally a big fan of the 2.7, but I think the stock tuning is lackluster and I wish it had the more robust 10R80. When full tuning opens up I’ll be first in line to juice up my 2.7. These motors have so much potential and for me, more power just makes the Bronco more fun to drive.

I guess I’m not the norm 😁

Last edited:

Nate Train

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Ford Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found this video this afternoon by what seems like a true gearhead. Likely unsurprising to most of you, but boy I cannot wait for my rig to arrive!

Liked this review so much, I went and watched the one for the 5.0.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems there’s a lot of people who don’t care how much power or how fast the Bronco is, yet most wants the Coyote motor… I get it, you don’t buy a Bronco to drag race or beat a Tesla Plaid, but what’s wrong with wanting more power?

I watch Bronco Raptor and Jeep Wrangler 392 reviews and so many comments are complaining about the 3.0 and praising the 392. Is it just about the sound of the V8? Every car journalist I see react to flooring the 392 wrangler is smiling ear to ear. Would their reaction be the same if it did 0-60 in 7 secs?

I’m personally a big fan of the 2.7, but I think the stock tuning is lackluster and I wish it had the more robust 10R80. When full tuning opens up I’ll be first in line to juice up my 2.7. These motors have so much potential and for me, more power just makes the Bronco more fun to drive.

I guess I’m not the norm 😁
I agree no such thing as to much HP/torque lol I know this is probably gonna start some backlash but I’d like to see a twin turbo inline 6 like the bmw 3.0 or the new hurricane 3.0 twin that would be awesome I say this mainly because an inline 6 is pretty much a perfectly balanced engine that and I just like to see a little more displacement you know what they say “there’s no replacement for displacement” lol

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in the day my old 93 Fox body hatchback with a lot of bolt ons did the 1/8 mile in 9.1

My 2.7L Big Bend Sasquatch loaded up with skids and heavy rock sliders does the 1/8 mile in 9.46 with an S&B air filer and E30.
I paid for an S&B filter in May, nothing but excuses from them since then.

Okinawajoe

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302, 2013 Focus ST, 2004 F-250 4x4 diese
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, now. Don't diss my 2.7 Sport Trim that I happened to get because it was the F150 the dealer was willing to give me the best deal on in 2016!🌞 Because of the 3.55 axle, it had the best mpg of any truck ive owned (low 20s consistently). That also reduced its tow rating to about 6,800, unfortunately. A 3.73 would have towed more, with lower mpg. The bed tie-downs were standard. There was a shifter switch-activated, Sport setting which changed the sound of the muffler, geared down the gears for more torque . . . The precurser to the Sport setting now available in Bronco "modes". I could spin the tires with ease. And the 4wd system was really nice on the beach and snow. The 2.7 ECO was flawless. Nice truck. I agree about the video, it was more of a theoretical overview, not apparently experienced based with that engine!
I've always gotten a 3.73 axle because the difference in fuel economy is minimal on an F-150 and is easily overcome by driving habits. My 22 Ranger consistently gets 23 mpg in winter months and 24.5-25 in Summer, 3.73 axle. Others differ, but it may be driving habits or local fuel.

Sponsored

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think all of you who want so much more power and speed should've just gotten a vehicle that offers it. Perhaps the Lamborghini SUV? How about a Rivian? That goes 0-60 in 3.0 seconds and can ford 35 inches of water and is clearly built for amazing off-roading.

I'm not trying to be overly sarcastic, okay fine, just a bit. This vehicle is a Bronco and it has its place. Sure, everyone wants more power. Not really. Most are not going to modify an engine for no reason what-so-ever. I'd bet less than a fraction of 1% of Bronco and Jeep owners have any interest in making their vehicle faster. Broncos and Jeeps are not made for speed, sorry. The 392...what a joke...jam a huge engine in a Jeep just so a few people can talk about how cool it is yet totally unnecessary. Go ahead and take a fast turn and see how well that Jeep sticks to the road compared to a M3.

Make it easy and just buy a vehicle that comes with a lot more engine and then you won't have to spend a gazillion dollars trying to make a vehicle not meant for extreme speed have extreme speed.

For the over 99% of us, we'll just modify other things for other useless reasons...lol...

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on my second one in this rig, it seems fine. ;)

bigblockfox545

Black Diamond
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 FOX 2009 M3 2008 STI 2005 F350 2018 OB
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think all of you who want so much more power and speed should've just gotten a vehicle that offers it. Perhaps the Lamborghini SUV? How about a Rivian? That goes 0-60 in 3.0 seconds and can ford 35 inches of water and is clearly built for amazing off-roading.

I'm not trying to be overly sarcastic, okay fine, just a bit. This vehicle is a Bronco and it has its place. Sure, everyone wants more power. Not really. Most are not going to modify an engine for no reason what-so-ever. I'd bet less than a fraction of 1% of Bronco and Jeep owners have any interest in making their vehicle faster. Broncos and Jeeps are not made for speed, sorry. The 392...what a joke...jam a huge engine in a Jeep just so a few people can talk about how cool it is yet totally unnecessary. Go ahead and take a fast turn and see how well that Jeep sticks to the road compared to a M3.

Make it easy and just buy a vehicle that comes with a lot more engine and then you won't have to spend a gazillion dollars trying to make a vehicle not meant for extreme speed have extreme speed.

For the over 99% of us, we'll just modify other things for other useless reasons...lol...
comparing it to the rivan and lambo is silly. rivan starts at 100k canadian. bronco was 62k.

best part is you don't need to modify the engine to get more power. ford racing calibration + 91 octane and your good to go with a warranty i might add.

i also have an m3 so i understand your point, but still not complaining about the power this little 2.7 can make.

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
comparing it to the rivan and lambo is silly. rivan starts at 100k canadian. bronco was 62k.

best part is you don't need to modify the engine to get more power. ford racing calibration + 91 octane and your good to go with a warranty i might add.

i also have an m3 so i understand your point, but still not complaining about the power this little 2.7 can make.
I think the power in the 2.7 is more than enough...esp. for what the vehicle was intended for. I think the fun of the Bronco is fitting it with some of the bazillion extras that make it uniquely yours.

CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Broncos and Jeeps are not made for speed, sorry. The 392...what a joke...jam a huge engine in a Jeep just so a few people can talk about how cool it is yet totally unnecessary. Go ahead and take a fast turn and see how well that Jeep sticks to the road compared to a M3.
The 392 is the only engine that makes decent power in a Jeep, but it should not be necessary to go that far. The 2.0T and 3.6L are a joke--especially after adding larger tires and weight--even after regearing.

Not everyone modifies engines for more speed or drives fast. Having an underpowered engine kills the driving experience. There is a reason a Bronco replaced my 2019 JLUR.
Sponsored