First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 IIA 109, 75 CJ5, 61 Hawk, 54 Starlight,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went in to local dealer on Friday of last week to order the wife her Black Diamond 2 door. Local dealer here straight up could not order a 2DR of any kind.

Went back Tuesday to try a different package route to see if maybe that was what triggered the non-availability. Still no bueno. The only thing not grayed out were Big Bend and Outer Banks soft top , 4 door, 2.3's.

Is this a global thing, or a find a dealer in another state type thing?
Next closest in-state dealer is 350 miles away and it looks like they are looking for 5grand ADM on their incoming 4DR Bronco. (They ain't getting our money)
I know the 2 door is in short supply, but to not even be able to order is more than a bit annoying, and a little confusing.

Any idea what exactly we are likely up against here?
Sponsored

1970AMCAMX

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went in to local dealer on Friday of last week to order the wife her Black Diamond 2 door. Local dealer here straight up could not order a 2DR of any kind.

Went back Tuesday to try a different package route to see if maybe that was what triggered the non-availability. Still no bueno. The only thing not grayed out were Big Bend and Outer Banks soft top , 4 door, 2.3's.

Is this a global thing, or a find a dealer in another state type thing?
Next closest in-state dealer is 350 miles away and it looks like they are looking for 5grand ADM on their incoming 4DR Bronco. (They ain't getting our money)
I know the 2 door is in short supply, but to not even be able to order is more than a bit annoying, and a little confusing.

Any idea what exactly we are likely up against here?
I'm kind of hoping it means that Ford may want to catch up on orders from early reservations especially on 2 doors because of the MIC tops.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lots of recent complaints about the Build and Price not working properly... And same for dealer ordering system. Valid builds not being able to be selected or ordered.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless something changed very recently… you should be able to order a 2-door.

That said, I know a lot of dealers have just straight up stopped accepting some or all orders due to all of the delays. They know that their allocations aren’t high enough for all of the orders they have, and anyone who orders now will be pushed to 2023. So rather than submitting a 2022 order that will never be fulfilled they’ve just decided not to accept new orders until their existing order backlog clears a little bit.

Can’t say if that’s what your dealer was doing, but it’s a possibility.

Collinabc123

Base
First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer h3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford doesn’t care enough to have a good working website, that’s what’s going on. It should be fixed already

Sponsored

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

B&P was really jacked up yesterday, however, that shouldn't have an effect on how/if a dealer can order. I doubt FoMoCo would stop taking orders for a vehicle, especially one in such high demand.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please, Please, Please...
Don't sacrifice what you want JUST to get any Bronco. I hit ALL the constraints (WT - Sas, 2Dr, Lux, MIC, Tow, etc.) and I'm getting built today. They are definitely building these. Be persistent. Don't let the nay-sayers sway your decision.

I would be SO unhappy with a 4Dr, non-Sas, softy. It's every bit worth the wait, you will see. Good Luck!

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just ordered my wife's 2 door Big Bend this week. Got the Ford confirmation email the same day. Might have been having system issues that day I guess.

OP
OP

Erik B

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unless something changed very recently… you should be able to order a 2-door.

That said, I know a lot of dealers have just straight up stopped accepting some or all orders due to all of the delays. They know that their allocations aren’t high enough for all of the orders they have, and anyone who orders now will be pushed to 2023. So rather than submitting a 2022 order that will never be fulfilled they’ve just decided not to accept new orders until their existing order backlog clears a little bit.

Can’t say if that’s what your dealer was doing, but it’s a possibility.
To be clear, we were physically in the sales-dudes office.( Twice) And his Ford ordering system showed ZERO 2 door availability. The only choices to place an order in his system that were not grayed out were 4 door builds my wife has zero interest in.

We are/were very upfront about knowing/understanding that we will be waiting 6-9 months maybe more.

But if we can't actually place the order than how do we start that clock?

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To be clear, we were physically in the sales-dudes office.( Twice) And his Ford ordering system showed ZERO 2 door availability. The only choices to place an order in his system that were not grayed out were 4 door builds my wife has zero interest in.

We are/were very upfront about knowing/understanding that we will be waiting 6-9 months maybe more.

If it's at all possible I would try another dealer.

Sponsored

Tx 2022

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco WT, Yukon, Porsche 911,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My guess if you order a 2Dr today your wait will be 12-18 months minimum, unless your dealer has some crazy open allocation that you luck into.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Please, Please, Please...
Don't sacrifice what you want JUST to get any Bronco. I hit ALL the constraints (WT - Sas, 2Dr, Lux, MIC, Tow, etc.) and I'm getting built today. They are definitely building these. Be persistent. Don't let the nay-sayers sway your decision.

I would be SO unhappy with a 4Dr, non-Sas, softy. It's every bit worth the wait, you will see. Good Luck!
Effin-Eh!!!
I’m Holding out!!!

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

I see you are in AK. What dealer?

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

When you say "fields" greyed out can you describe that better?
In the order system, they have Body Codes that are in a drop-down control that my salesperson selected from. Are you saying the 2door body codes were completely missing, or were grayed out such that they were unable to be selected?

OP
OP

Erik B

Black Diamond
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you say "fields" greyed out can you describe that better?
In the order system, they have Body Codes that are in a drop-down control that my salesperson selected from. Are you saying the 2door body codes were completely missing, or were grayed out such that they were unable to be selected?
Grayed out and unable to be selected.
If she wanted to order a 2.3- 4 Door- Big Bend or Outerbanks we'd be waiting on OUR (well her) Bronco right now.
Sponsored