First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone have a 2 door think it’s a rougher ride or less stable?

I’ve only had 4 door cars/suvs.
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am wondering if I left the rear seats folded down... haha
That's my plan when it just me tooling around town and work. Then when I vacation I'll def have figure out a better configuration. I'm with @NurseA.J the retro look drew me in hardcore!!

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There has been a lot of discussion of the difference in cargo/trunk space between the 2-door and the 4-door. But I have not seen much discussion or photos of the passenger front seat and passenger rear seat folded down to see how flat they fold down from front to end of trunk in both the 2-door and the 4-door. Sometimes this is more important when having to haul a piece of lumber or other long narrow item. And this may also be helpful to know when making your decision.

OP
OP
KatieB75

KatieB75

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There has been a lot of discussion of the difference in cargo trunk space between the 2-door and the 4-door. But I have not seen much discussion or photos of the passenger front seat and passenger rear seat folded down to see how flat they fold down from front to trunk. Sometimes this is more important when having to haul a piece of lumber or other long narrow item. This also may be helpful to know when making your decision.
I agree, I’d love to see the seats folded down. We are bulk shoppers, so I need to be able to fill up the back. Haha

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There has been a lot of discussion of the difference in cargo trunk space between the 2-door and the 4-door. But I have not seen much discussion or photos of the passenger front seat and passenger rear seat folded down to see how flat they fold down from front to trunk. Sometimes this is more important when having to haul a piece of lumber or other long narrow item. This also may be helpful to know when making your decision.
As I understand it the trunk floor is about 4" lower than the seat backs when folded. The slide out table fills this space and makes it actually flat all the way. However that's only going to be* available on the 4 door.

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There has been a lot of discussion of the difference in cargo/trunk space between the 2-door and the 4-door. But I have not seen much discussion or photos of the passenger front seat and passenger rear seat folded down to see how flat they fold down from front to end of trunk in both the 2-door and the 4-door. Sometimes this is more important when having to haul a piece of lumber or other long narrow item. And this may also be helpful to know when making your decision.

I agree, I’d love to see the seats folded down. We are bulk shoppers, so I need to be able to fill up the back. Haha
Here's both the 2dr & 4dr with the seats folded down. Hope this helps.

4dr

Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door IMG_3437
Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door IMG_3438

2dr

Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door IMG_3435

Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door IMG_3442

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

--Just me, so no one else to accommodate.
--I can pack a lot in a small space...Need more space=Too much stuff.
--2 door has the iconic look.
--Short wheelbase will have a different ride character, but not necessarily worse if the engineers did their Job 1.
--Better handling/maneuverability off-road.
--Cheaper buy-in than a 4-door.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's both the 2dr & 4dr with the seats folded down. Hope this helps.

4dr

2dr

Great pics. the tape measure shows 47-48" to the rear of the front row seats -- how far to the 4-dr front row?

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great pics. the tape measure shows 47-48" to the rear of the front row seats -- how far to the 4-dr front row?
Before going to see these someone requested the 2dr measurements and I didn't think to measure the 4dr.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

--Just me, so no one else to accommodate.
--I can pack a lot in a small space...Need more space=Too much stuff.
--2 door has the iconic look.
--Short wheelbase will have a different ride character, but not necessarily worse if the engineers did their Job 1.
--Better handling/maneuverability off-road.
--Cheaper buy-in than a 4-door.
I love the look of the 2 door and it has advantages, but no matter what, the physics of a longer wheelbase equate to better stability and in general, a "smoother" ride. It's always a trade off, so if you try and tune more "stability" into the handling, it will result in trade offs, like really "slow" steering or higher steering effort (caster) and or tire wear (camber). I think for most people and areas the 2 door will be awesome, here in MI, it's a hard pass before I even drive one. For those that haven't driven on our roads, they are really third world.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4dr will probably ride a little more stable but the real question is "why buy a 4dr unless you absolutely have to" ? :)

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Two door. I have a 4 door Escape and the seats are down 99% of the time. My wife has a HRV, two child seats for the grandchildren. No need for me to have a four door. Wheelbase is nearly the same as my Escape.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 DR BL Non/SAS for me. It looks better than the 4 DR. 4 DR has to be SAS'd to get a decent look. This will be my personal DD. Have a large dog, 160+ lbs, and a Honda Element to move him around. My wife has an Audi Q5 we will use for "Group" outings so this is just for me.
You have to get what you're happy with.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a general rule, the longer the wheelbase, the better the ride. I had a Jeep TJ Unlimited (long wheelbase) and it was fine when I lived in GA. Here in MI, it was a nightmare. I am going 4dr and I would be willing to bet the ride will be noticeably better. Our roads are literally the worst in the country. I have never been anywhere nearly as bad as SE MI ??
Come to NW Iowa where we think dumping 2 inches of salt for one inch snows is a good thing... potholes and frame rust is a staple of the Hawkeye state

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come to NW Iowa where we think dumping 2 inches of salt for one inch snows is a good thing... potholes and frame rust is a staple of the Hawkeye state
I have been to Des Moines and the surrounding area and it’s a dream compared to here! I’m sure it varies in IA too. For some reason MI funds it’s roads by mile of road and not miles driven, so Northern MI, in general, is pretty good compared to metro areas. If I lived “up north” I would be 7sp and possibly 2dr (having had 3 Broncos and dealing with 2drs isn’t a pleasant memory).
Sponsored