2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 door!

-Looks better
-No practical need for a 4 door
-Cheaper
-Did I mention it looks better?

Been driving a 2 door JK for 9 years so I'm already used to the size. Can probably count on 1 hand the times a 4 door would have come in handy. Not nearly enough to make up for the 8 years and 360 days it didn't.
Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm getting a 2 dr. Just me and my wife. I can fit everything we need for our adventures in a 2 dr with the roof rack.

Main reason though is that I really like the looks of the 2 dr.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been to Des Moines and the surrounding area and it’s a dream compared to here! I’m sure it varies in IA too. For some reason MI funds it’s roads by mile of road and not miles driven, so Northern MI, in general, is pretty good compared to metro areas. If I lived “up north” I would be 7sp and possibly 2dr (having had 3 Broncos and dealing with 2drs isn’t a pleasant memory).
Understandable but Des Moines is the bright shiny beacon for Iowa- it’s the capital and where the lawmakers decide to funnel 75% of state funding, NW Iowa is the bastard child of the state...
Man we could debate the inabilities of our states for ions ....
Iowa is still a good hardworking state to be from but we could use some reform...

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 DR BL Non/SAS for me. It looks better than the 4 DR. 4 DR has to be SAS'd to get a decent look. This will be my personal DD. Have a large dog, 160+ lbs, and a Honda Element to move him around. My wife has an Audi Q5 we will use for "Group" outings so this is just for me.
You have to get what you're happy with.
I plan on getting an Irish Wolfhound who will be able the weight of your dog. I want the 2DR but I feel the extra space would be good for that size dog. Help me change my mind. Keep in mind I’ve never owned a dog that size. No kids either.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on getting an Irish Wolfhound who will be able the weight of your dog. I want the 2DR but I feel the extra space would be good for that size dog. Help me change my mind. Keep in mind I’ve never owned a dog that size. No kids either.
Trust me, you'll want something he can step in and out of without a ramp. Big dogs don't jump well and it destroys their joints. We have two different ramps we used to get him into and out of the Q5 and my truck, PIA! The element is low to the ground and with the back seats out he can easily stand up. Getting a large dog in and out of a bronco will be a chore.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4dr here. I know I can get my 2 kids in the back of a 2dr no problem. For me its the whole idea of being able to stick our bags in the back when we go on road trips.

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trust me, you'll want something he can step in and out of without a ramp. Big dogs don't jump well and it destroys their joints. We have two different ramps we used to get him into and out of the Q5 and my truck, PIA! The element is low to the ground and with the back seats out he can easily stand up. Getting a large dog in and out of a bronco will be a chore.
So based on that I’m guessing the 4dr. I’ve already thought of ramps, although that should be interesting in a Sasquatched Bronco ?

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drove an FJ Cruiser with two growing boys. Boys are grown, Bronco wheelbase is only 5 inches shorter. I’ve got no qualms about driving a 2door Bronco.

OP
OP
KatieB75

KatieB75

Badlands
First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been to Des Moines and the surrounding area and it’s a dream compared to here! I’m sure it varies in IA too. For some reason MI funds it’s roads by mile of road and not miles driven, so Northern MI, in general, is pretty good compared to metro areas. If I lived “up north” I would be 7sp and possibly 2dr (having had 3 Broncos and dealing with 2drs isn’t a pleasant memory).
See I am in the Metro Detroit area and worry that the 2 door will be a rough ride on some of our roads.

Gwhtfrd

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 Door BL Manual Non Squatch for me. I was originally on the 4 door train because I thought I would want/need the cargo space and room for passengers, but I decided to be a bit selfish. I love the look of the 2 door, and I assume it will be a more agile/sporty ride. Since I'm going with the 2.3 for manual, I imagine it will help with acceleration being a bit lighter. I don't have kids, and it's mostly just me and my girlfriend in the car. Something to also consider, if you do plan on a road trip with friends in the 2 door, you can always get the Roof-Mounted Cargo Box for extra storage. That's what I'll be doing!

Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 Door BL Manual Non Squatch for me. I was originally on the 4 door train because I thought I would want/need the cargo space and room for passengers, but I decided to be a bit selfish. I love the look of the 2 door, and I assume it will be a more agile/sporty ride. Since I'm going with the 2.3 for manual, I imagine it will help with acceleration being a bit lighter. I don't have kids, and it's mostly just me and my girlfriend in the car. Something to also consider, if you do plan on a road trip with friends in the 2 door, you can always get the Roof-Mounted Cargo Box for extra storage. That's what I'll be doing!
People like you are gonna make me switch to the two door. Stop it.:LOL:

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get what you like looks wise and what fits your lifestyle best. My kids are grown but I am getting a 4 dr since we travel frequently to visit family and for all the gear that I take hunting.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a general rule, the longer the wheelbase, the better the ride. I had a Jeep TJ Unlimited (long wheelbase) and it was fine when I lived in GA. Here in MI, it was a nightmare. I am going 4dr and I would be willing to bet the ride will be noticeably better. Our roads are literally the worst in the country. I have never been anywhere nearly as bad as SE MI ??
Customer: “Mr. Mechanic, there’s a rattle from something loose when I drive but I can’t repeat it on demand for you.”

Mechanic: “hold my coffee.”

[Takes vehicle to I-75 literally anywhere between Toledo and Downtown Detroit]

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door.
Why?:
Classic Body lines.
Difficulty to get into the back seat will help keep it as my work vehicle, NOT the family truckster.

4door does have the advantages of :
larger fuel tank, less stops at the gas station
easier to just throw my lunch box in the back seat instead of having to put it behind the back seat or wrestle it over the center console

I have a 69 Bronco also and the similarity in the body lines is amazing ....I just can't bring myself to look at the 4 doors too seriously. (69 is also under going a restoration, there's a chance it may get painted to match the new one...maybe....not sure if that would be cheesy though, lol)

ALSO....it's a passive aggressive move. LOL
Well not really, I've discussed it truthfully ....a lot. But, I'm going 2 door to keep it from turning into the family vehicle, ......IT IS NOT ...it is MY work (commuter) / play vehicle .... and I hate that my work stuff gets moved about EVERY time we take my current work car (Outback) any where.(which means EVERYWHERE we go)

TMI alert.
The longer back story is her absolutely refusing to get an Outback because she wanted the closed in feeling of a car with a trunk. She wanted a Legacy despite my insisting that she would grow to love the Outback if she gave it a chance.
So that's what we bought her.
Eventually I bought an Outback for myself .....

Given all of that info, guess which car she drives EVERY time it is available ...grrr.
"I'm going grocery shopping, take your stuff out, pleeeeease." (said in the "candy voice" as they call it in dog training circles)
Woof.
Sponsored