First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure Ford won't release that till closer to Job1. But Ranger 4WD is rated at 20/24 city/highway MPG. That's a starting point, but keep in mind that many Broncos will have bigger, wider tires with more off-road oriented tread. It probably also has a worse drag coefficient. So, my guess is 17/20 (is there a pool on this yet?). Hopefully it'll be better. So the 2-door is definitely a short-range ride, but most people will probably still manage around 300 miles per tank.
Sponsored

Jarrett

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone familiar with a 2 door soft top know if the SEMA dealer accessory 2-door soft top will actually fold down easily without taking it completely off? I don’t see the folding arms in the back that I see on the 4 door standard soft top.

DF91912D-3D21-4D16-8F9F-6A9492AF5C6B.jpeg

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Cooler looking (subjective) vs more practical (subjective).

I would just go by looks. In your position, I would get two door. Easier parking, looks more classic (if you like that).

What's more important, fun or practicality. I went practicality last time, this time I am going fun.

Good luck, either way, you win!

BoatBuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Anyone familiar with a 2 door soft top know if the SEMA dealer accessory 2-door soft top will actually fold down easily without taking it completely off? I don’t see the folding arms in the back that I see on the 4 door standard soft top.

Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door DF91912D-3D21-4D16-8F9F-6A9492AF5C6B
Yeah, this accessory top looks similar to the Bestop Trektop for the 2-door Wrangler JL which doesn't fold down.

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m going 4 door because when I see 2 door Wranglers on the road I barely notice them. They are too small and go unnoticed.

I think people are falling in love with pictures of the two door without knowing how tiny it will be in person compared to the 4 door.

Just my opinion.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm now set on 4-door because I see so many people saying they are going 2-door. ; )

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am having a hard time deciding on a 2 door or 4 door. I don’t have kids and rarely have others in my car. I do worry that the trunk space is WAY too small on a 2 door. Will there be a difference in the drive as well? I live in Michigan and the potholes can be ridiculous.

So what are you getting and why? What helped you decide?
There will be times w/a 2 door that you'll REALLY wish you had a 4 door when you want to carry something large or a bunch of stuff or several people. The ride quality is also definitely better, more stable and more quiet with a 4 door. When you do use the backseat in a 2 door for people or stuff, it can be a real pain in the ass. You can fit bigger stuff in the back seat than in the cargo area and when you attempt access it may bother you. I would keep one seat permanently folded down and just put everything in through the back.

I've had 2 and 4 door jeeps and liked the extra utility the bigger car gave me. Lastly, I had a 4 door 4 Runner for years and always kept the rear seats folded down. I did this because I skied and mountain biked a couple times per week and the skis and bikes lived permanently back there. You won't be able to keep bikes or skis in the back of a 2 door.

The 2 door might be great for you, just don't forget about what you may be giving up.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
4 door with easy latches on the rear to remove them most of the time . Maybe all 3 seats why I'm refabbing the latches .

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Get the 2dr.

For every time you wish you had a little more room there’s 100 times you walk out to your truck thinking that’s an awesome looking Bronco.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have gone back and forth on this subject too. I prefer the looks of the 2 door- looks
More like the original but with that being said the 4 door especially with the squatch is pretty friggin cool. I laugh at the rest of these comments where they dismiss the 4 door looks. Really! Come on it for sure the hell looks nothing like the Ford Flex. I like to camp and i am a diehard mountain biker so I’m leaning towards the 4 door. If it was a perfect world I would buy a 4 door badlands and a 2 door base. That base with the steelies is perfect. But I like the creature
Comforts too much. If you think you can get by with 2 doors do it but if you have any inclination you may need the extra space don’t hesitate go 4

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I am having a hard time deciding on a 2 door or 4 door. I don’t have kids and rarely have others in my car. I do worry that the trunk space is WAY too small on a 2 door. Will there be a difference in the drive as well? I live in Michigan and the potholes can be ridiculous.

So what are you getting and why? What helped you decide?
My wife and I could not agree on 2 door or 4 door so we are getting both. We am also fortunate in that we am ordering FEs. I did not have to really pick trim or options. Biggest decisions I have is exterior color (reduced to 5 for FE - hardest decision), two interior options and accessories.

I really have no idea how the majority of you are still functioning with all the decisions and trade offs you are having to make to finalize your orders.

OP here are some thoughts:

My wife has wanted a classic Bronco for about 20 years and her interest peaked about 4 years ago. I told her at the time that for our situation, a new Bronco with technology and the off-road classic styling would work better. We live in the city with no real space to restore a Bronco. She has waited patiently for the new Bronco. She wants a 2 door Bronco straight up, no interest in 4 door. She currently driving 2012 VW Golf R. It is a 2 door and the biggest car we own.

Ford Bronco 2 door vs. 4 door 63E55610-86DC-4269-B282-241584781C13

We tailgate 20 times a year in the VW Golf R. I am constantly loading the car to the roof for Atlanta United matches. I have wanted to buy a SUV for us to enable easier loading/unloading, add room for a generator and a TV for match days. I also think it would be nice to have a 4 door to have room for friends when we go to away matches. As you can see I want more space leading me to a want a 4 door Bronco.

We are getting 2 Broncos, plan is to keep one forever while the other will probably move to another loving home in 5 years. My bet is on the 2 door sticking around permanently.

You have to make the decision for yourself and your lifestyle, examples:
  • If you are a huge Bronco fan and have always wanted one, go 2 door.
  • If you have a hobby already known that would require more space, go 4 door.
My wife loves her 2 door VW Golf R. She loves the way it looks without 4 doors and in the end I have made it work for everything we do.
  • Tailgating- check (I don’t really need a TV, nobody would watch it anyway)
  • carry friends and luggage to away match- check
  • tear around town daily- check
  • Travel to Auburn on weekends- check
I really don’t think you can make a bad decision, the Bronco will work for you in the end.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No kids? 2dr

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gwhtfrd

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a musician, and from the measurements I've seen for the back cargo space on the 2 Door, I should be able to fit a Marshall Amp Cabinet, so I think that's good enough for me! :LOL:
Sponsored