Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer says he is able to order extra ones because he has “space “I don’t know if that is accurate or not Canada seems to have different rules
Maybe Canada is different, but I thought Ford had been pretty clear that no MY21 production will go to dealer stock... only to reservation holders.

Ordering a Bronco is like buying a firearm suppressor, only you don’t pay for the whole thing up front. Place your order and forget about it, in 10-14 months when it shows up you’ll be stoked to get it.

I actually forgot about my reservation until the other day, another week and I would’ve missed ordering. I started a new career and moved across country last fall, I did transfer my reservation in November but have been extremely busy since. I was in another Ford store shopping for company trucks this week and was informed about the order cutoff.
There is no order cut off. The deadline is just for dealer allocation calculations and quarterly scheduling. You can place your order whenever.

Also... bad analogy. I have a lawn chair set up next to my mailbox for waiting for tax stamps.

;)
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe Canada is different, but I thought Ford had been pretty clear that no MY21 production will go to dealer stock... only to reservation holders.

There is no order cut off. The deadline is just for dealer allocation calculations and quarterly scheduling. You can place your order whenever.

Also... bad analogy. I have a lawn chair set up next to my mailbox for waiting for tax stamps.

;)
You’ll put the lawn chair away after the first dozen :cool:

Thomman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cooper S, 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2018 Tiger 800
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Folks, help me out here.

So I made 2 reservations on day 2 (7/14) - one for a BL and the other for a BD. Converted the BL into an order at Dealer A. Got my email of order confirmation from Ford. I will take delivery of this baby, hopefully in Fall 2021 since It's a sinless build - 2.3L, 7MT, Mid-pack, MIC top.

Now it gets interesting..... Dealer B to whom I'd assigned the BD called me and asked if I wanted to order right away or move it to an MY22 build. Since I wanted to get to know my BL before I decide to order the BD, I asked him to "move it to MY22". I now find that he has converted it to an order... My Ford account now says "Contact Dealer".
No order confirmation email from Ford on this one... I just don't want the Dealer to convert this to an order and sell it.

Question: Anyone had such experience? Suggestions on my next move?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Folks, help me out here.

So I made 2 reservations on day 2 (7/14) - one for a BL and the other for a BD. Converted the BL into an order at Dealer A. Got my email of order confirmation from Ford. I will take delivery of this baby, hopefully in Fall 2021 since It's a sinless build - 2.3L, 7MT, Mid-pack, MIC top.

Now it gets interesting..... Dealer B to whom I'd assigned the BD called me and asked if I wanted to order right away or move it to an MY22 build. Since I wanted to get to know my BL before I decide to order the BD, I asked him to "move it to MY22". I now find that he has converted it to an order... My Ford account now says "Contact Dealer".
No order confirmation email from Ford on this one... I just don't want the Dealer to convert this to an order and sell it.

Question: Anyone had such experience? Suggestions on my next move?
Yes. They converted it to an order but gave it a priority code “99” meaning it’s in the system but will not be built until that code is changed. It will just sit there forever...

(For people choosing to wait for a MY22, this is the recommended course by Ford. The other option is to just leave it a reservation, which is what it sounds like you were expecting.)

You don’t have a confirmation email because of the code 99, as Ford isn’t treating it as an order to build.

The “Contact Dealer” is just a link to the dealership’s contact info. It doesn’t actually mean you need to contact them. It’s no different than a “Contact Us” link on a webpage.

Basically, if you weren’t planning on switching dealers... there’s a no harm no foul for you. Either you eventually convert it to an active order to have it built or you cancel it and get your $100 back.

That’s your reservation/order with your name on it. The dealer can’t steal it from you. They actually have (some) penalties for selling a Bronco to someone other than who held the reservation. You don’t have anything to worry about in that regard.

The only way they could steal it is if they order your Bronco, it gets delivered, and then they find some way to make you walk away (like springing a markup on the price). In that case they’re left holding the Bronco to sell to anyone they want... but only because you turned it down first. (If you cancel your reservation/order before the Bronco is built, it just doesn’t get built. The dealership doesn’t get it.

I also want to point out that you can order anything you want, and change or modify your order after it’s placed up until about 2 weeks before the actual build (when the VIN the assigned). It doesn’t matter what you reserved. That reservation can be used to order anything. (Except for a First Edition assuming the reservation wasn’t for that.) If you decide you want to order an OB with your BD reservation, you absolutely can.

To your question about what your next move should be... what do you want to accomplish? We have all the answers here... seriously. There’s nothing we haven’t seen.

Last edited:

Thomman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Cooper S, 2012 Skoda Yeti, 2018 Tiger 800
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes. They converted it to an order but gave it a priority code “99” meaning it’s in the system but will not be built until that code is changed. It will just sit there forever...

(For people choosing to wait for a MY22, this is the recommended course by Ford. The other option is to just leave it a reservation, which is what it sounds like you were expecting.)

You don’t have a confirmation email because of the code 99, as Ford isn’t treating it as an order to build.

The “Contact Dealer” is just a link to the dealership’s contact info. It doesn’t actually mean you need to contact them.

Basically, if you weren’t planning on switching dealers... there’s a no harm no foul for you. Either you eventually convert it to an active order to have it built or you cancel it and get your $100 back.

I also want to point out that you can order anything you want, and change or modify your order after it’s placed up until about 2 weeks before the actual build (when the VIN the assigned). It doesn’t matter what you reserved. That reservation can be used to order anything. (Except for a First Edition assuming the reservation wasn’t for that.)

That helps. As long as it sits there doing nothing and awaiting my "order" and build, I'm fine.
Sponsored