Sponsored

Should I go through with 2 reservations?

OP
OP
72BroncoSand

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

?

I am sure if you keep noodling on it you will find a way that you can make a few grand off your fellow Bronco enthusiasts to fund some accessories for that $60,000+ '72 Bronco in your avatar or your new $50,000+ '21 Bronco!
My 72 is definitely not a 60k machine, that being said I wouldn’t sell it for double or even triple that, well maybe triple, lol!
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't care what you do. But if you're looking to flip I highly doubt you'll make a profit. by the time they come in people can just go to dealer a month later and buy one. It's a bad investment.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every car forum has flippers. Sometimes they even take advantage of other members. Rather than telling them to raise their sale price, they buy it and resell it immediately for more money. This is very tame in comparison. Your money, your car. Do what you want with your possessions.

6010Head

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Jeep Jk Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wondering out loud here.What about ordering 2 and keeping the first for yourself and relinquishing back the second one that comes in to the dealer for a modest fee,say $500-or 1K.
You know dealers are going to recover that money.I am sure once people see them on lots they are going to be willing to pay a modest ADM,pretty sure dealers that find themselves with a spare Bronco or two are going to charge some type of addition for available Broncos.

Sponsored
OP
OP
72BroncoSand

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Every car forum has flippers. Sometimes they even take advantage of other members. Rather than telling them to raise their sale price, they buy it and resell it immediately for more money. This is very tame in comparison. Your money, your car. Do what you want with your possessions.
Lol, I am not a car flipper. I’m more of a car hoarder . I always find a reason to not sell my cars. My wife makes fun of me for not being able to part with my treasures.

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, I am not a car flipper. I’m more of a car hoarder . I always find a reason to not sell my cars. My wife makes fun of me for not being able to part with my treasures.
I hear you. I am working from home and bascially not driving much at all now, so I sold some of my cars (four to be exact, plus one for my Dad) since Covid started. I am looking to build the fleet back up again next year starting with the Bronco and a sports car that I haven't decided on yet.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First time posting, hi y’all! Originally got 2 reservations on launch night just to make sure at least one counted because of uncertainty with the site crash and such. Planned on dropping one, but the more I read about lack of availability I’m considering completing both orders and selling one. Hopefully for a premium to off set some cost of the one I keep. Anyone else consider this? Is this a mistake? I’d love some feedback

Update: I Will NOT sell the extra Bronco! Thank you for the feedback!
Well, if you take delivery of the second Bronco, you will still pay the taxes and miscellaneous stuff to buy it and take it home. If your second one is also a FE model, you can probably (still) make some decent money off of it! Just sayin'.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought about doing this very thing but getting the Granger 2k deal on number 2. Buy the basic Base 2 door and put 33s on it. Sell it asking $36k ish. Nope, not happening.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came here to whine and bitch like the rest of them, then go over pay at the pumps because "Bronco image > Prius image" ....or go inside and pay $4+ bucks a gallon for a Big Gulp.... or hit up Starbucks for a $5 fraking coffee that cost about 25 cents to make.

Every single one of you, if you had the means, the product and the demand, would profit from it. (with possibly the exception of family...but even then , there going to be a few...)
Just as Mother Ford profits from you/us.

Who here will willingly turn down profit from the sale of their house?
Human "Right" to decent housing trumps the "Right" to new car ... right?
PM me your MLS listing please.

It's nothing more than a car, just because you feel you appreciate it more does not give you a Right to have it at some predetermined value.
If your job craps out a few months after receiving the Bronco, will you leave money on the table if you have to sell it....do you intenionally sell it at a loss , because , higher morals?

The hypocrisy runs deep in this thread.

BTW, buying a selling a material good (commodity) is not even in the same ball park as helping a brother out on the trail. Pass judgement on others much? Can you stand up the same scrutiny?

If he has two early reservations, I'd bet he could sell one for profit seeing how anybody that does not have a res RIGHT NOW will not see a Bronco for over a year.
I see $60k F250's with $5k in parts marked up an additional $20k on the lots here all the time .... and the fools and their money are easily seperated. "OOOh, The Outlaw lift , wheels, and sticker package!!!!"

Gives me an idea now, drive mine for the first 8 months then ....just before retail units start to hit the lots...... try to sell it at a profit to put towards a newer one that will come in a few months later.
If there's no profit to be had, I keep it....win win!

Thanks for the idea OP!

Dakotaunchained

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC 2500 Denali, 2019 Indian Chief
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just said this on another thread but here’s my opinion:
Just look at what the “used” C8 corvettes are selling for right now. I think it’s a great investment. A lot of rich guys are going to see broncos on the road, walk into a ford dealership, and be frustrated when they can’t get one immediately regardless of how much money they have. Then they see a highly optioned one for sale with 100 miles listed for $70k that they can have tomorrow....why not? Raptors had $15k-$20k dealer markups where I live and they sold quickly. And speaking of risk, even if you don’t make a huge profit on it I can’t see you taking a huge hit.
Sponsored