Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess I’ll buck the trend and say go for it. Any of us could have reserved 2, so not an issue.

I would use the early order for something that is not delayed, and make sure the second one is. Drive the first one for 6 months or so and see what you like/dislike and modify the second order to fit.

Once you get the second one, sell the first for whatever someone is willing to pay. Should be a sellers market.

Everyone could have reserved first night and could have reserved 2. Not your fault that they didn’t.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Several thousand? (as in $5K plus?) Okay now I'm curious why you think this? Have you looked at used manual jeeps? Any sort of source?
When is the last time anyone paid msrp for a Jeep? They already carry discounts that eat a chunk of the initial depreciation. Almost all Bronco buyers will pay MSRP with no discounts. I could easily see these things going -3000 off the lot depending on model, options blah blah. Unlike the C8 these will be EVERYWHERE within the first year of release.

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When is the last time anyone paid msrp for a Jeep? T.
The must have crowd paid msrp and adm in some cases for the Gladiator when it was first released. The impatient pay premium, the patient deal.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When is the last time anyone paid msrp for a Jeep? They already carry discounts that eat a chunk of the initial depreciation. Almost all Bronco buyers will pay MSRP with no discounts. I could easily see these things going -3000 off the lot depending on model, options blah blah. Unlike the C8 these will be EVERYWHERE within the first year of release.
Don't move the goal posts. Manuals hold their value just fine. To say one will lose several thousand is silly. You're saying a 2.3L auto will hold $5k better value than a 2.3L manual?

As for the second part, how do you see these being EVERYWHERE within the first year? Ford has basically committed to 60k 21MY units. Will they add 150k 22MY to that? Maybe. Will that meet the demand?

Eventually yes, Ford will pump out 1 million of these things. That doesn't affect someone looking to do a quick flip in the first 12 months of delivery. Plenty of case study out there to support this. People paid over MSRP for PT Cruisers.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't move the goal posts. Manuals hold their value just fine. To say one will lose several thousand is silly. You're saying a 2.3L auto will hold $5k better value than a 2.3L manual?

As for the second part, how do you see these being EVERYWHERE within the first year? Ford has basically committed to 60k 21MY units. Will they add 150k 22MY to that? Maybe. Will that meet the demand?

Eventually yes, Ford will pump out 1 million of these things. That doesn't affect someone looking to do a quick flip in the first 12 months of delivery. Plenty of case study out there to support this. People paid over MSRP for PT Cruisers.
Literally nowhere in ANY of my posts did I say anything about manual vs. auto so not too sure what you're talking about. There will be 150k+ Broncos on the road in summer of 2022. That's not moving goalposts or anything but fact. If you think you can flip a used Bronco for $10-20k over msrp then cool, more power to you and I hope everybody that plans on doing so gets what they want for them. I once sold a $4k rifle that was in my possession for 15 minutes for almost $9k basically what that tells me is there are people out there with more money that brains and maybe some folks can capitalize but I have my doubts.

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Literally nowhere in ANY of my posts did I say anything about manual vs. auto so not too sure what you're talking about. There will be 150k+ Broncos on the road in summer of 2022. That's not moving goalposts or anything but fact. If you think you can flip a used Bronco for $10-20k over msrp then cool, more power to you and I hope everybody that plans on doing so gets what they want for them. I once sold a $4k rifle that was in my possession for 15 minutes for almost $9k basically what that tells me is there are people out there with more money that brains and maybe some folks can capitalize but I have my doubts.
You said buying a manual would lose several thousand dollars. Do you take that back?

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a Bronco, not a C8. You will lose several grand at minimum.
This right here... what are you talking about?

Never mind, I got you mixed up with someone else talking about manuals losing resale.

I don't plan on flipping my Bronco, but if I can I might. Demand will out run supply for 12-24 months easy.

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't understand why people feel so strongly against the OP's original idea. HE is the one taking ALL the risk. HE is the one who put in 2 reservations early(that any one of us had the ability to do).
It isn't the OP's fault on how Ford has fumbled this roll-out time and time again (only to cry covid). Or how they've decided alocations. Let blame lie where it should. You are not forced to buy his gently used (but still unobtainable) vehicle from him.
All that being said, I personally would NOT come to this board and attempt to fleece another member. Even the newest members are smarter than the average bear (or salesman) regarding these vehicles.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
People always talk of the fears of first years. I understand but I'm just as concerned with second year. Right now Ford is using suppliers they know but they are also scrambling to find more parts. Will those new parts/companies be up to the same quality or will corners be cut to get a few more pieces out the door.
Yeah you’re right it definitely can last until the first major “mode refresh” - I will say for me at least it’s not a “fear” so much as an inconvenience of dealing with the company over issues. For example, someone pointed out one of the rear swing gate hinges was getting scraped in the test models (seen in pics) - who knows how many little things like that will escape Ford for the first few years...

The other thing is that in my mind, this is not a luxury car. It’s a civilian jeep/off road vehicle. By paying way less for a base model I won’t really mind a lot of the things that come naturally with “jeep” type vehicle - and will be more easily able to look past first year inconveniences or pay for necessary upgrades. Noise, harsher rides, awkward seating, no rear windows, limited storage, scuffs and scrapes etc. it’s a bronco not a Lexus. Now, if I was paying $60k for a top model, id expect premium suv or lariat style luxury - and I think some people will be disappointed when they drive this thing every day and the soft top noise and the bouncy ride are driving their SOs crazy, on top of the likely issues we may see.

Thanks just MY take, I know others can do what they want and I’m glad people will get higher end models and I hope they are awesome.

Now if there’s a big transmission issue with my manual or some other big headache, yeah I’m not gonna like it and it’s a risk we all take for sure.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

V8? lol

Seriously, though, this is quite the "disgusting human being" post considering 70% of reservations just had their hopes of a MY21 crushed; with 20% previously thinking they may have been safe.

Maybe a site like stubhub or a scalping forum would help you out more.
You know what's really disgusting?
People who sell land or homes for profit. We as humans may not have a Right to housing, but we certainly have a real need, much more than a car, yet nobody would think twice about anyone of us selling our house for profit....

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You purchase the car for 60k, have to pay ~63k after tax.
That means the next person needs to pay 66k after tax to be the second owner of a car with a 60k msrp.

Best of luck?
There will always be people who will overpay for something they really want.

A lot of us are overpaying for something we really want by adding on the toys or upper trims with items we'll possibly never use.

FloridaGal

Badlands
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Landrover Discovery
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We are in the same boat. I'm buying for my work car and need ASAP but really want '22 because I have a feeling the colors/options will be better and wanted a vintage hue. That being said, I test drove a manual yesterday (it's been 20 years since I've driven one...like riding a bike-- super fun). I think we will order a 4 door BL Manual with MIC, and try it out. Plus want our two teens to learn to drive stick.
Then, we can order '22 with second reservation. If we love the '21, we won't order the '22. If The '22 options are great and we decide 2.7 auto and SAS work better for us, then we'll sell or trade in '21 when the other order arrives. Hoping not to take a huge hit if so. The dealer yesterday thought it would be okay to resell manual as enthusiasts like it, and will probably want to choose their own tires and wheels. Those were his thoughts when I asked about 2.3Auto vs. Manual vs. 2.7 for resale. And the manual won't be available in 2.7L even with SAS in '22

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I am keeping both of mine and my 2nd day will now be a MY22 also. im moving my own goal post

Ironjamzz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First off, what do you think Bronco would be worth used, 6 months after purchase?
I have 2 reservations 5 days apart. The 1st is currently #3 out of 24 allocations, the 2nd is pushed to MY22.
Anything I buy on A-plan I have to keep for 6 months before I can sell it.
I'm on the fence about waiting to see MY22 options, vs getting one now.
6 months after purchase, what's the chance of breaking even on a first build if I wanted to proceed with a second, MY22 build with say, the mansquatch, white modular roof, byod rail, green paint, v-8, Filson interior, and 2nd special edition (heritage edition)? You know, every option we have all been waiting and bitching and moaning about!!
But seriously, think I could break even 6 - 12 months after purchase? Depending on build?
First off. Roll the dice, pick your numbers and wait and see. Here's a little food for thought for those searching for gold in a bubble gum mine. I don't care who you are or what you're selling. It's only worth what someone's willing to pay for it and if you hold on to it long enough, The burden of selling it will be your childrens.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have 2 FE reservations and I'm getting both maxed out. Bet I could probably sell one for more then I paid.
Sponsored