Sponsored

Should I go through with 2 reservations?

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's a mass produced vehicle and it's your money. If you think you can swing it, more power to ya. I'd be curious to see how it turns out. Might work.
Sponsored

OP
OP
72BroncoSand

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea I agree, that's a good general rule when running a business. However unless you're a Ford Dealer you aren't and Ford is imposing penalties on dealers doing just this. Its no different than the guys who bought up PS5 reservations just to sell them on ebay at inflated prices. But hey its YOUR reservation so do what you like :D
Good point! I was thinking of it more like my real estate transactions. Thank you for your feedback!

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First time posting, hi y’all! Originally got 2 reservations on launch night just to make sure at least one counted because of uncertainty with the site crash and such. Planned on dropping one, but the more I read about lack of availability I’m considering completing both orders and selling one. Hopefully for a premium to off set some cost of the one I keep. Anyone else consider this? Is this a mistake? I’d love some feedback
I was actually thinking that same thing. Dont worry about it, I bet if you put it on Craigs List, it would sell FAST.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am sure they is at least one rich guy who has awaken from a 3 month coma and is now looking at a 2 year wait. They would likely pay 15K over. But it would have to be a top model fully optioned

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've seen quite a few say they're planning on ordering 2 and canceling 1 due to what Ford did with the allocation process. I can see that, but trying to resell seems like it may not be worth the effort.

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

First time posting, hi y’all! Originally got 2 reservations on launch night just to make sure at least one counted because of uncertainty with the site crash and such. Planned on dropping one, but the more I read about lack of availability I’m considering completing both orders and selling one. Hopefully for a premium to off set some cost of the one I keep. Anyone else consider this? Is this a mistake? I’d love some feedback
Boooooooooooooooo.hisssssssssssssss. boooooooooooyousuckbooooooooooooh8sssssssssdonttakesdvantageofpeopleboooooooooohissssssssssscancelonereservationbooooooooooooooespeciallyifyoubooked beforeme(aug)booooooooooootherwisegoforitballer.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am sure people will do this, but to ask people's opinion on here is a dick move and not smart. There are people on here that will have to wait till 2022 to get theirs. Best advice, don't ask fellow bronco lovers how to screw over other bronco lovers.

Ford Bronco Should I go through with 2 reservations? 1601506698648

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My feedback...

You wouldn't be the first or the last to flip a reservation or order. Even with the T&Cs that Ford has put in place to prevent it and that we all agreed to upon reserving the Bronco. Currently there is a non FE reservation on ebay for $4,500 as an example.

If your plan is to actually complete the purchase\title process for the vehicle then subsequently sell it...I would be very surprised if you come out ahead. Have you actually run and projected the numbers for this use case?

I am sure if you keep noodling on it you will find a way that you can make a few grand off your fellow Bronco enthusiasts to fund some accessories for that $60,000+ '72 Bronco in your avatar or your new $50,000+ '21 Bronco!

If this scheme doesn't workout for you, you could always charge for helping recover a fellow Bronco owner out on the trails. You would really have them by the balls then and could charge top dollar! You wouldn't even need to keep the recovery equipment either...you could just return it after using it! First at Amazon. Then Walmart. Then Costco. et al. Just think of those Instagram shots you could post of your fully loaded Bronco!!!

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy low and sell high is fundamental no matter what the commodity. I don’t see it as dirty. But thank you for your input!
Seems like you aren’t asking for input or feedback, as much as you are looking for permission to feel okay doing what you‘ve already decided you want to do.

You do you.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that isn't a good idea. Two main reasons. You really don't know how much you'll be able to "resell it for" And even if you have 1 mile on it it's considered "used". And second is your going to have to pay tax on it. So whatever you agree to buy it for, add sales tax, title/reg and doc fee on top of that. So a 50K Bronco really costs you ~$55k. Minus the depreciation.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You still have to get it insured and pay/finance with the dealer to get it off the lot and take a credit journey to hell, right?

And avoid getting carjacked by the person wanting to test drive such a flaming hot commodity

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t, tank your credit score to buy 2 cars at the same time? Based on the chance you can make a profit? It’s 40K+ vehicle not a cheap item. You want to hold onto that and possibly pay payments if it doesn’t sell immediately?

Also, it’s a dick move. Everyone who has bought up and listed PS5s and XBOX’s on eBay deserves to get neutered with a pair of rusty kitchen shears. It isn’t business, it’s buying something someone wants and trying to take advantage of their weakness for financial gain. Scalpers are the scum of the earth.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Dumb idea. There's going to be a ton of stock on dealer lots. I imagine tons of people will drop the $100 for the order and not complete the purchase when it comes time for [whatever] reason.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have two FE's reserved, and thought about flipping one. But as others said it's a crap shoot, you might be able to make a few bucks but in the grand scheme of things it seems like it would be more of a pain then it's worth to me. If the First Edition was a numbered vehicle and had a special interior (Not Navy Pier) and special Paint like no other models then I could see it bringing way over MSRP. One can basically build up a Wildtrak or Badlands to spec out to a FE, so don't think it will bring way over sticker.
But it's your reservation and your money, so you should do what you like. If you think it's worth your time and effort go for it. Others think it's a bad thing to flip a car, but it's done all the time. I see nothing wrong with it.
Sponsored