Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Recently added to the site and on order.

2021 Bronco Ford Performance Complete Winch System by Warn M-1821-B

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Ford Performance Complete Winch System by Warn M-1821-B 1632850174439

2021 Bronco Ford Winch System Features:
  • Complete winch mount and 10,000lb winch for your Bronc
  • Includes front bumper winch mount with pre-runner hoop
  • Comes with a high-quality Warn 10K winch with synthetic rope
  • All-steel construction with black powder coat finish
  • Installs using OEM tow hook mounts
  • Features D-ring mounts
  • For BadLands, WildTrack, and Big Bend models
  • For OEM Modular Bumpers only
  • Not compatible with Adaptive Cruise Control
Provides a Complete Winch and Aggressive Mounting System for your 2021 Bronco Build
The 2021 Broncos may be some awesome, powerful, and extremely capable off-road trucks, but if you're going out onto tough trails or brutal wilderness without some hardcore recovery gear, you may find yourself in serious trouble in one heck of a hurry. The Ford Performance Complete Winch Kit by Warn for 2021 Broncos gives your off-road ready Bronco build an all-in-one winch solution that both looks great and can get you out of tough jambs out in the bush. The Complete Warn Winch Kit comes with a a complete front winch mounting plate with an aggressive pre-runner bar, a Warn 10,000lb winch with synthetic winch rope, a billet hawse fairlead, and all the hardware you need to get both the mount and winch itself installed on your Badlands, WildTrak, or Big Bend Bronco. Ford Performance's Winch System gives your tough Bronco build an awesome, new look as well as the capability to pull you or your buddies out of thick muck or tough, technical situations out on the trail. Heavy-Duty Steel Mounting System with Frame Mount Install and High-Quality 10K Warn Winch
The Bronco Ford Performance Winch Mount Kit is built incredibly tough and was designed for a perfect, clean fit onto your 2021 Bronco. The winch mounting plate and pre-runner hoop are made entirely out of steel and bolt onto your 2021 Bronco's frame using the stock tow hook pockets. The mounting system comes standard with an upright bracket that accepts the winch's included hawse fairlead, and also includes mounts for D-rings (sold separately) near the tow hook pockets so that you don't lose any of your pulling or recovery points after you install the winch system. The winch itself is capable of 10,000lbs on its first-line pull and is powered by a 12-volt, series-wound, DC motor with a high-quality planetary geartrain that keeps a strong line speed and pull without pulling excessive power. The winch comes standard with a red hook strap and wired remote that makes it ready for operation straight out of the box.

Fitment: 2021 Bronco Badlands, WildTrak and Big Bend with OEM Modular bumper.
For Badlands. WildTrak, and Big Bend with Modular bumper only: this winch kit will only fit 2021 Bronco Badlands, WildTrak, and Big Bend submodels with OEM Modular front bumpers only.
Not compatible with Adaptive Cruise Control: this winch mount system is not compatible with Broncos equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control.
Dealer programming recommended: Ford Performance strongly recommends reprogramming of your Bronco's RCM Air Bag thresholds to ensure proper air bag deployment with the winch system installed.
Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you thought about offering an ACC relocation mount?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Recently added to the site and on order.

2021 Bronco Ford Performance Complete Winch System by Warn M-1821-B

Not compatible with Adaptive Cruise Control: this winch mount system is not compatible with Broncos equipped with Adaptive Cruise Control.
Sorry, this is a no go without a solution to make it ACC compatible. I feel some of these setups are missing some legit sales. I will be all over one that offers a solution to keep all the features that I actual paid for with the $$ Lux package. You would think a Ford product would be the first to do so.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Should be able to make or use a winch plate and a different series winch to get the built in control pack under the hood to keep the front camera functional.

Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this not just a Warn Zeon-10S with a frame mounting bracket? Trying to figure out how in the world we are trying to justify a $1200 winch with a $200-300 bracket for $3500. Or am I missing something here?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, this is a no go without a solution to make it ACC compatible. I feel some of these setups are missing some legit sales. I will be all over one that offers a solution to keep all the features that I actual paid for with the $$ Lux package. You would think a Ford product would be the first to do so.
I've seen some that offer an ACC relocation mount up into the grill. Just not sure what's involved with moving it.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealers service department 'bricked' a Bronco by installing this kit. I have almost no information, but I was there yesterday getting info on my incoming Bronco. They have a Cyber Orange FE with this newly installed winch on it and my guy said it threw every error code in the book once the winch was hooked up. They were able to get the truck running again after some trial and error. I can only assume they screwed up the wiring somehow.

His recommendation was to have professionals install any winch. I've never installed a winch and am tech savvy.. I'm not aware of any communication going from the winch to the Bronco to cause such an issue. Ironically, I was there asking the cost for a winch install.

By no means am I trash talking this kit. I'm sure it's great. Just an anecdotal story passed on by ole 'So my dealer said..."

Last edited:

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why wouldn’t this work on a Base Squatch with Modular Bumper?

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealers service department 'bricked' a Bronco by installing this kit. I have almost no information, but I was there yesterday getting info on my incoming Bronco. They have a Cyber Orange FE with this newly installed winch on it and my guy said it threw every error code in the book once the winch was hooked up. They were able to get the truck running again after some trial and error. I can only assume they screwed up the wiring somehow.

His recommendation was to have professionals install any winch. I've never installed a winch and am tech savvy.. I'm not aware of any communication going from the winch to the Bronco to cause such an issue. Ironically, I was there asking the cost for a winch install.
Wow that's pretty scary and a bit concerning. Good advice.

Also, if that was an FE, then it has Lux with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and parking sensors. Thus I wonder if they simply disconnected all or some and that threw the codes. Or perhaps they just left ACC attached and the vehicle thought it was about to impact a metal wall (i.e., the winch setup). Yes Ford really needs to figure these setups out for those that have Lux packages. They should keep in mind that folks that can afford a $3500 winch setup are also likely to afford (and purchase) Lux with ACC. Just a thought.

Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Makes absolutely no sense to say Badlands, Wildtrak, and Big Bend only. Zero. My Black Diamond Sasquatch, or any Bronco with the modular bumper, should work just fine.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow that's pretty scary and a bit concerning. Good advice.

Also, if that was an FE, then it has Lux with Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and parking sensors. Thus I wonder if they simply disconnected all or some and that threw the codes. Or perhaps they just left ACC attached and the vehicle thought it was about to impact a metal wall (i.e., the winch setup). Yes Ford really needs to figure these setups out for those that have Lux packages. They should keep in mind that folks that can afford a $3500 winch setup are also likely to afford (and purchase) Lux with ACC. Just a thought.
You are very likely right. My guy at the dealership is a killer dude. Very friendly. Truly a salesman and not a mechanic though.. So I take it all with a grain of salt and that's why I didn't even want to hazard a guess on what went sideways. The service department seems really good from the few interactions Ive had with them. With that said - its new tech, a new vehicle and a new mounting platform. Mistakes happen. I'm glad a few Broncos are being worked on though so they get some practice before working on mine.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless there's some whiz bang special things about the winch (why it's so expensive maybe?), there's only 2 connections to the vehicle usually, Positive and Negative and the battery. Sounds like they disconnected or broke other connections.

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Winches electricals are a power and ground. Its not a complex system and its a basic install. I'll bet money they didn't fully tighten the factory ground strap, and when they started the Bronco afterwards, it threw all the codes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too answer most of the questions its a FORD product so I don't know why they did a lot of what they did.

Fitment is just copied from fords notes, as stated above it will likely fit more than is is listed for.
Why ford would make it not work with ACC im not sure. But ADD does offer an ACC bracket and may very well fix this issue.
As far as cost, Well its from Ford, and until I see one in person cant comment as to where else the value comes in.

And as far as the problem above it is an electical item and likely something as stupid as a bad connection or winch connected at wrong point making the computer bug out, but without being there cant say much more than that.
Sponsored