Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trying to wrap my head around a speedo correction...
At an indicated 100Km/h I'm actually doing 97...
I wanna a true reading, so do I wanna trick the Bronco to think I have smaller tires or bigger tires? Lol
A physically smaller tire would increase wheel rpm and correct the speedo discrepancy.
But telling the module I have smaller tires but I don't would....? Worsen the discrepancy?
🤷
You have to tell the module you have a bigger tire. So if you have 2580 in that field, increase it to 2600 for example. For just 3km/h, try increasing the circumference by just 20-25mm. 50mm will move it too much.
Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have to tell the module you have a bigger tire. So if you have 2580 in that field, increase it to 2600 for example. For just 3km/h, try increasing the circumference by just 20-25mm. 50mm will move it too much.
Thanks! I'll play around with it this weekend 👍🏻

Sponsored

brilltastic

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I figured there'd be something in the manual if this were the case. So the issue is it switches to outside air way too soon, or....?
It uses some sort of data to self determine when to turn off, which is irritating if you are in traffic trying to avoid exhaust or driving past a skunk!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It uses some sort of data to self determine when to turn off, which is irritating if you are in traffic trying to avoid exhaust or driving past a skunk!
Need a particulate sensor like British cars!

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The distance adjustment, if I’m understanding correctly, is adjustable via the button on the left steering wheel controls. It looks like some flat lines and changes from 4 all the way down to 1 green bar when ACC is active. 4 is far and 1 is close. As far as changing those ranges I don’t believe it’s possible.

The hands on steering wheel is very very tricky. So how it works is there’s a timeout in the PSCM each time you stop making any inputs and after that timer cancels it will send the message. However I’m curious why you’re getting the message, I have only gotten that when testing adding Lane Centering (still a work in progress) and letting it bounce between the lines for a minute without touching the wheel, then it finally nagged me. But getting rid of the message is a very deep process, not likely to be beaten anytime soon.
On a related subject, I’ve been spoiled by the ACC with stop-and-go on my wife’s 2018 Mazda CX-9. Once set the ACC slows the car all the way down to a full stop. I then can just nudge the accelerator to have it start moving again with the ACC still active. But the ACC on the new Bronco doesn’t include stop-and-go, so the ACC cuts off at about 10 mph. I know that the Bronco Sport has the stop-and-go feature (go figure!), but do you know if that can be activated on the Bronco with lux, or perhaps added? Thanks!

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Trying to wrap my head around a speedo correction...
At an indicated 100Km/h I'm actually doing 97...
I wanna a true reading, so do I wanna trick the Bronco to think I have smaller tires or bigger tires? Lol
A physically smaller tire would increase wheel rpm and correct the speedo discrepancy.
But telling the module I have smaller tires but I don't would....? Worsen the discrepancy?
🤷
Try this equation.

100/Current Cir Value listed=97/New Value to put in.
EG. if current value is 2500 than new value would be=2425
Or in your case multiply the existing tire circ. value by 97/100=.97
So you have smaller tires than stock?

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try this equation.

100/Current Cir Value listed=97/New Value to put in.
EG. if current value is 2500 than new value would be=2425
Or in your case multiply the existing tire circ. value by 97/100=.97
So you have smaller tires than stock?
No I have stock tires...
Likely all Bronco's err on the conservative side with speedo readings. 👍🏻

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The farthest I have been able to enable was S&G but could not get the lane centering enabled, the on/off for it is in the radio screen but was inoperable so I assume there’s still more to go as far as changing settings with FORScan. But it kept throwing some silent codes and I’m not sure I would be willing to publish anything on it. I didn’t log the specifics but there were many module programmings needed to do that.

In testing it did work though and would completely stop the vehicle instead of cut off at 13 MPH. I kind of abandoned this a bit for now however with work being busier and holidays subtracting from personal time.
Thanks for the info D2dhanover. I’m hoping I can devote more time to working with Forscan after the holidays. In the meantime I’ll keep my eye on the Bronco6G Forscan threads.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The farthest I have been able to enable was S&G but could not get the lane centering enabled, the on/off for it is in the radio screen but was inoperable so I assume there’s still more to go as far as changing settings with FORScan. But it kept throwing some silent codes and I’m not sure I would be willing to publish anything on it. I didn’t log the specifics but there were many module programmings needed to do that.

In testing it did work though and would completely stop the vehicle instead of cut off at 13 MPH. I kind of abandoned this a bit for now however with work being busier and holidays subtracting from personal time.
There is nothing in the world I want more than this to happen. 🤞 How can us peons help contribute?

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tried to look in the spreadsheet and a search on this thread but could not find this one: Does anyone know if there is something that will allow you to unlock the doors either by using the tailgate button, or when you open the tailgate? I try to avoid digging out my fob, but if I am putting something in the back, my wife is left standing in the cold (or the rain) until I finish loading and come and touch the driver door.

It is not one of the settings in Sync, so figured there might be something programmable. (and yes, I know that the answer is for me to go unlock the doors first...)

Rosalieee

Raptor
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, BMW M3 Competition X-Drive
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone had luck adjusting DRL brightness?

I have tried the x2x2 change to 726-42-01 but didn’t have any luck
Sponsored