Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

A question about adding Baha and Rock Crawl mode for anyone else who has done this. I connected an OBD Link EX with a windows computer with FORscan to add the modes. According to the spreadsheet I would change setting position number 2 and 4 in the middle code section under the ABS as built module for 760-04-03. The codes I had before the changes are:
0100 0001 AB1B after changing position 2 and 4 I get a message saying it's wrong proceed anyway ? I chose yes and the the module changes the code to:
0100 0203 AB1F.

Is that a problem? It does add the modes using the Goat selector. Big Bend mid package, 2.7 V6 auto. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

mbdlds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
0100 0001 AB1B after changing position 2 and 4 I get a message saying it's wrong proceed anyway ? I chose yes and the the module changes the code to:
0100 0203 AB1F.

Is that a problem? It does add the modes using the Goat selector. Big Bend mid package, 2.7 V6 auto. Any help is appreciated.
I'm pretty sure I've read here that those are checksums and will change since your changed the other values (ie, nothing to worry about).

Last edited:

SillyPosition

Badlands
First Name
Silly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a way to modify the adaptive cruise control to work in near to 0 traffic speeds?

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is there a way to modify the adaptive cruise control to work in near to 0 traffic speeds?
I won't say it's impossible, but my recollection on the matter of ACC is that these are variables that can't really be changed, particularly not with forscan, they're more or less baked into the programming without alterable values. What you're looking for would likely exist in the intelligent cruise control modules, but was left out of ours entirely on all trims and options. I'd love to be able to reduce the minimum distance to about half, but that might also introduce other problems such as the inability of the programming to adjust speed smoothly (ie slamming on the brakes if you're a few feet too close, only to follow up with rapid acceleration to get back to the target distance). My guess is if you did figure out how to change minimum speed, you'd probably run into similar unforeseen issues, potentially impacting safe operation.

Sponsored

willettj

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I read in another thread that the auto start/stop disable via Forscan is not working for 2023 models.. I attempted the change in the Google sheet changing to 00 and it did not work for mine, still need to try to 02 option. the notes for that line are a bit ambiguous.. "Start / Stop: 00=Disabled 01=Enabled, Angle Inhibit Enabled 02=Enabled, Angle Inhibit Disabled" << no code given for the Angle Inhibit Disabled

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am trying to enable Rear Defrost on my pre-prep-kit standard package model. I’ve installed the correct harness in the cargo to the hard top. I was successfully able to find, enable and write Rear Defrost in the APIM module, but it keeps giving me a “Service Procedure has been interrupted” when trying to write enabled in HVAC.

Really hoping I don’t need to buy new HVAC controls…as it seems there is a version that comes in all Standard models that looks like this:

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread 44F0ADF6-8D1B-4029-8FDE-258EB315E7CF

When mine looks like this:

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread B4E175F8-41D9-43C3-9A40-AF02C6E1838C

willettj

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am trying to enable Rear Defrost on my pre-prep-kit standard package model. I’ve installed the correct harness in the cargo to the hard top. I was successfully able to find, enable and write Rear Defrost in the APIM module, but it keeps giving me a “Service Procedure has been interrupted” when trying to write enabled in HVAC.

Really hoping I don’t need to buy new HVAC controls…as it seems there is a version that comes in all Standard models that looks like this:

I would bet you are going to have to change that.. I had to buy new switch module to enable my front and rear fog lights

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would bet you are going to have to change that.. I had to buy new switch module to enable my front and rear fog lights
How annoying would that be. That version triggers both mirrors and rear. Wiring is in place. Just a pin missing or something?

I can understand the fogs - the buttons don’t exist on the switch. But, this is literally just a different icon.

I’m scared to ask how much they cost…

I’m waiting to hear back from Forscan if there is a Beta that will help. It has in the past…

willettj

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How annoying would that be. That version triggers both mirrors and rear. Wiring is in place. Just a pin missing or something?

I can understand the fogs - the buttons don’t exist on the switch. But, this is literally just a different icon.

I’m scared to ask how much they cost…

I’m waiting to hear back from Forscan if there is a Beta that will help. It has in the past…
If you know the part # take a look at tascaparts.com that's where I got mine

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you know the part # take a look at tascaparts.com that's where I got mine
I think I narrowed it down....N2DZ19980L - $350!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Whoa, hold up...when did the AC controls stop having the digital temp display in them?
I thought that was standard on all trim levels?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whoa, hold up...when did the AC controls stop having the digital temp display in them?
I thought that was standard on all trim levels?
Only for dual temp zones (Mid/High/Lux).

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
2022 did not get the temperature dials on the dual temp packages, chip shortage.
Right. Forgot about that. Not what my original post was about. My image/discussion has nothing to do with HVAC for Mid+. I’m solely discussing the controls for Standard package. Tex just got scared.
Sponsored