First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This has to be possible, we’ve seen it for almost a year now but still no one has cracked the code.

This is the grail.

1637376436844.jpeg

1637376463165.jpeg
I want to do this to mine, I posted a question about it a few months ago... Still no solution? I'm pretty sure I saw a bronco on the road the other day with it done... I just went out to try mine...

Successes:
No Double Honk
Badlands now with Sport Mode
Orange bars on all headlight modes (not with rings off though)
Bambi mode (high beams and fogs together)

Failures:
Cameras at speed
[[[EDIT]]] On closer inspection I found that having the Orange bars on - set in forscan to anything other than "turn only" Results in having no front turn signals. They don't flash... Will keep this updated if I find a solution.
Sponsored

Last edited:

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just got new LED tail lights from a higher trim. Can anyone reference on how to flash those with forescan?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I want to do this to mine, I posted a question about it a few months ago... Still no solution? I'm pretty sure I saw a bronco on the road the other day with it done... I just went out to try mine...

Successes:
No Double Honk
Badlands now with Sport Mode
Orange bars on all headlight modes (not with rings off though)
Bambi mode (high beams and fogs together)

Failures:
Cameras at speed
[[[EDIT]]] On closer inspection I found that having the Orange bars on - set in forscan to anything other than "turn only" Results in having no front turn signals. They don't flash... Will keep this updated if I find a solution.
You may not like this answer, but camera at speed is doable with Baja mode.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'm in the middle of installing a hardwired 10A NOCO charger/maintainer in mine, along with an external plug adapter that also powers the block heater. Might be a good idea if you're going to bypass the battery protection, better than popping the hood open every time you park.
Ive seen the Noco. How are you going to hardwire and be able to hook up without popping the hood. I’ve got a trickle charger on my Rubicon as it only gets driven a couple times a month, and it came with a setup that attaches to the battery with a capped extension that I can uncap and just plug into but again, you still have to pop the hood. I’d like to try what your doing on the Bronco and the Jeep.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ive seen the Noco. How are you going to hardwire and be able to hook up without popping the hood. I’ve got a trickle charger on my Rubicon as it only gets driven a couple times a month, and it came with a setup that attaches to the battery with a capped extension that I can uncap and just plug into but again, you still have to pop the hood. I’d like to try what your doing on the Bronco and the Jeep.
I fed a 4 amp battery tender to my Noco plug and mounted it in my RC hidden winch skid.

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread image

I’m planning on connecting the other end to my block heater that eventually I’ll get around to installing…

I just want to sort out a way to have that line on a switch if some sort. So that I can have the Tender on over night and then turn on the Block Heater a couple hours before leaving in the morning. I never looked into it - but, how long does it take to get to temp? I gotta look that up/run some tests.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty neat idea. What did you use to cut through that thick steel, a hole saw? Would it be possible to get a links to the parts you used.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty neat idea. What did you use to cut through that thick steel, a hole saw? Would it be possible to get a links to the parts you used.
Sure, I’ll send PM since it’s not really on topic here. There’s a thread started where someone mounted his in the lower part of the front fender in front of the door jamb.

Draughon

Badlands
First Name
Daylon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4-Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did a speaker upgrade and trying to see if Forscan tweaks will help.

Did my first connection and got these values - which don't correspond at ALL to the forscan speaker settings I've been looking at.

I have the B&O system - and just trying to set everything to "Speaker" rather than tweeter.

727-01-01 values don't make any sense to me based on what I've seen / read about. I have values of 7 and F which aren't in any tutorials I've seen?

727-01-02 looks like EQ is turned off (01-02-xx00)

Any help appreciated!

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco ForScan Thread 1695504792607

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the DRL hack for a friend and the blinkers go missing when auto headlights come on at night. I used 0404 in BdyCm 726-42-01. What happened?

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I fed a 4 amp battery tender to my Noco plug and mounted it in my RC hidden winch skid.

image.jpg

I’m planning on connecting the other end to my block heater that eventually I’ll get around to installing…

I just want to sort out a way to have that line on a switch if some sort. So that I can have the Tender on over night and then turn on the Block Heater a couple hours before leaving in the morning. I never looked into it - but, how long does it take to get to temp? I gotta look that up/run some tests.
Nice setup, very clean look.

"How long?" Depends on the block heater type: Magnetic oil pan, heat pad, or engine coolant style by freeze plug? Coolant types are the slowest, where a heating element usually goes in a freeze plug hole and warms the coolant. Arguably, these types are mostly for the driver, since the oil temp is far more important for cold starts than coolant is. The magnetic oilpan style (not likely to be used as I believe our oilpans are aluminum) is the next slowest, as it has to transfer heat to overcome the thermal mass of the oilpan and then the oil. So either of these styles should be fine to run with the maintainer and left for a number of hours, but I probably wouldn't go overnight, unless your specific models mention cycling on and off.

The heating pad style heaters get ripping hot REALLY fast, within minutes or seconds, and are RTVd and/or otherwise adhered to a smooth metal oil/trans/t-case pan and should not be linked on the circuit with your battery maintainer for hours-long use.

I use a Kasa TP-Link smart receptacle on a schedule that cycles on and off my heaters as needed.

Source: Alaskan.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice setup, very clean look.

"How long?" Depends on the block heater type: Magnetic oil pan, heat pad, or engine coolant style by freeze plug? Coolant types are the slowest, where a heating element usually goes in a freeze plug hole and warms the coolant. Arguably, these types are mostly for the driver, since the oil temp is far more important for cold starts than coolant is. The magnetic oilpan style (not likely to be used as I believe our oilpans are aluminum) is the next slowest, as it has to transfer heat to overcome the thermal mass of the oilpan and then the oil. So either of these styles should be fine to run with the maintainer and left for a number of hours, but I probably wouldn't go overnight, unless your specific models mention cycling on and off.

The heating pad style heaters get ripping hot REALLY fast, within minutes or seconds, and are RTVd and/or otherwise adhered to a smooth metal oil/trans/t-case pan and should not be linked on the circuit with your battery maintainer for hours-long use.

I use a Kasa TP-Link smart receptacle on a schedule that cycles on and off my heaters as needed.

Source: Alaskan.
I’m just planning on the OEM block heater. It’s been sitting in my garage along with the coolant test/refill kit. I hope this is my year…though, I keep hearing it’s supposed to be mild here in NY.

I was thinking if splicing in one of THESE on the block heater line and sucking it up and going out to switch it on…but, I’d love a smart outlet situation. But, how to keep it waterproof?

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m just planning on the OEM block heater. It’s been sitting in my garage along with the coolant test/refill kit. I hope this is my year…though, I keep hearing it’s supposed to be mild here in NY.

I was thinking if splicing in one of THESE on the block heater line and sucking it up and going out to switch it on…but, I’d love a smart outlet situation. But, how to keep it waterproof?
NEC code requires this or something similar for new construction on exterior receptacles. The Kasa receptacle is "indoor" but I've used it for several years so far on the covered exterior of my garage.

The Kasa receptacles are also independently controlled, so you could do a short timer schedule for an oilpan pad heater (which I recommend over the coolant ones) and a longer timed schedule for battery tender/coolant style.

I use one receptacle for my LWN and one for my wife's Volvo, set up on different schedules.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
NEC code requires this or something similar for new construction on exterior receptacles. The Kasa receptacle is "indoor" but I've used it for several years so far on the covered exterior of my garage.

The Kasa receptacles are also independently controlled, so you could do a short timer schedule for an oilpan pad heater (which I recommend over the coolant ones) and a longer timed schedule for battery tender/coolant style.

I use one receptacle for my LWN and one for my wife's Volvo, set up on different schedules.
Thing is...this receptacle will be mounted on the Bronco...since the Noco pigtails split and one goes to the tender. I need something that will go inline to the block heater...

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thing is...this receptacle will be mounted on the Bronco...since the Noco pigtails split and one goes to the tender. I need something that will go inline to the block heater...
Sounds like you want to control one of the legs after the NOCO power entry which is a much harder task. Nothing off the shelf I'm aware of for this particular use case.

This looks ruggedized similar to what you're describing, but is going to lose power once the NOCO is disconnected, as are all of the inline 120V wireless relays meaning they'll need to reconnect to wifi when plugged back in. Same for the Kasa plug I mentioned if you put it in the engine bay.

For this use case you've described, need a 12V powered relay that receives power from the Bronco and both receives wireless commands and passes 120V through.
Sponsored