First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry for the stupid question (I just googled ForScan to figure out what it is) but what are you guys planning to do with this? It is for performance tuning?
No, it's for unlocking hidden options and features as long as your vehicle has the necessary hardware already installed. Or you can purchase the necessary hardware and enable it through FORScan.
Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, it's for unlocking hidden options and features as long as your vehicle has the necessary hardware already installed. Or you can purchase the necessary hardware and enable it through FORScan.
Ok, thanks! I'm relatively tech savvy so this is something I'd like to learn more about. Looking forward to more on this when it's available.

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's a write up detailing how to add a heated steering wheel to a Ford vehicle which didn't ship with one or have the option to be configured with one from the factory. Again, examples of other parts exist for many different Ford vehicles, but I hope this makes you a bit more excited about what could be modified in your Bronco and how.
Hey Airborne_Ape. Just wondering if you think the GOAT modes will be something that can be modified/configured with FORScan. Not looking for a tweak or tune, I want to know if you think it's possible to change "Rock Crawl" to "Sport". I believe that "Sport" mode will be much more useful to me than "Rock Crawl" hence I reserved a WildTrack but would much rather the rubber floor with drain plugs found on the BadLands. If so, I'll pay the extra for the front SS disconnect and then High pkg. and Sasquatch it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've worked with ForScan a lot and it can save you a ton of money if you know what you're doing, like adding factory Nav to a vehicle that doesn't come with it from the factory. Costs well under $100 to add factory Nav to most 2013+ Sync enabled Fords. All you need is a SD map card, ODBII interface and free ForScan app. You can also enable tons of features (as has been said), turn off the silly stop/start, add LED bulbs without getting issues, add touch screen features, change DRL scenarios, modify run times for remote start, modify light settings (including going dark where by no lights come on when you open a door -- not sure why you'd want it but it is cool to see). And the best part, ForScan requires almost no skill at all and there are a bunch of Google sheets that breakdown most makes/models -- a bunch of which are interchangeable. Truly a neat tool, too bad it is all Russian software ;)

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn’t read through all the threads ?
But this seems similar to a tool I’ve used on Audi, VW and my wife’s new Toyota.

https://caristaapp.com/

- courtesy window up/down from remote
- gauge needle sweep on start up
- auto stop
- reset warning lights
- read codes

It did all kinds of cool stuff for my Audi and VW

Sponsored

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I didn’t read through all the threads ?
But this seems similar to a tool I’ve used on Audi, VW and my wife’s new Toyota.

https://caristaapp.com/

- courtesy window up/down from remote
- gauge needle sweep on start up
- auto stop
- reset warning lights
- read codes

It did all kinds of cool stuff for my Audi and VW
I was thinking the same thing, I used VAGCOM to make lots of adjustments to my Audi. A lot of their features are for EU market but all the parts were there you just needed to recode.

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dual-boot MacBook and serial port converter is ready and waiting for exploration of the playground...
Need a Windows setup to modify the modules. Mac/Apple won’t work.

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes it can be activated with FORScan but you will need to acquire the physical hardware.

MachingBird

Wildtrak
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry, didn’t see the manual transmission part. Probably not.

Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need a Windows setup to modify the modules. Mac/Apple won’t work.
Hence the "dual-boot" reference and serial port converter. That *is* a Windows machine.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've enabled a couple of hidden features on my Escape with Forscan.
Pretty limited with it though
The F150 has way more toys to play with as far as I know.
It'll take a long while, likely, before we see Bronco support I think (aren't those guys in Russia?? Anyone wanna be a guinea pig??)

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d also like to know about trail turn assist in the manual. I would believe the hardware is there as part of the ABS/traction control but it could be house in the automatic wiring harness.

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found
Code:
F=SGM4 Economy Mode enabled, SGM3 mode enabled, SGM2 Sport Mode enabled, SGM1 Normal Mode enabled
if it would be possible to enable Sport mode in Badlands, then I will without doubts selecting this trim!
I second this, I am confident it will be possible, but having sport mode in my f150, I don't want to order a bronco without it.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just found this thread and will definitely be looking into Forscan more. The engine start stop will be high on my list to disable. Is it possible that this could be disabled via the settings without the need for Forscan? It is my understanding that it can be used to recalibrate the speedo when tire size is changed. I research a great deal first, I would hate to "Brick" my car. I assume the stock settings can be backed up to use if needed.
Sponsored