Squatch

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Jeep
2021 MY will be limited compared to 2022 just due to when they start production in the calendar year. Ford doesn't want a bunch of cheapskates ordering and then backing out when it comes time to sign the papers. "It's not personal, it's business."

I'm 50,000% sure, Maury, that they have statistics about customer ordered vehicles and X-plan customers that indicate they are less likely to take delivery. Removing them from X-plan eligibility would actually put more Broncos in the hands of people and on the road than risking a bunch of dealer stock for FCA to use as a marketing barb.

Infinite Jest?

Advertisement

tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
Dated girls from Reston/Herndon? Was this before or after the 1st gen MS13s started zombie-ing the locals at the 7/11 on Elden?
This was a while ago...like Herndon back then was backwoods and country....MS13 definitely didn't exist... Is it that bad there now?

lowmpg

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The issue being that Ford told people they would accept the X-Plan thus placing the assumption of a car that was $1000-$2000 cheaper than what they are trying to sell now. If they had from the beginning said it was going to be MSRP for pre-orders and didnt budge there would be far less heartbreak over this.
Yeah guess I didn't fall for a brand new model released nearly a quarter century later with huge demand would be priced down. I'm not surprised at all Ford would limit 'plans'.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Kinda ironic. We were all bashing dealers who couldn't confirm whether they would honor X-plan, and worshipping the dealers who said they would.

Another example of when you should only make committments you know you can honor
The responsible dealers, like Kearny Mesa in California, correctly stated that they would honor plans IF they were actually offered. Additionally we need to realize that the car industry rarely cuts breaks for vehicle roll outs as popular as this one-most of the time vehicles that are debuting to this level of popularity are priced universally above sticker. We can still get a break in that regard from the responsible dealers. Unfortunately most folks on the site simply assumed (wished without verification) that the X-Plan was a done deal when it was not. And lastly, folks could have timed the MCA membership to coincide with the build rather than obtaining it too soon.

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Clubs

I just got this email.

I was obviously pretty happy when they said they would still honor it.

Eric has been upfront and transparent sending occasional emails like this and one of the only Dealers in the SoCal forum when I was looking for one. And so I've been happy with them so far.

It's a bit of a drive from LA, but not a huge deal especially if this is indicative of their service.
Yep just got the same email, nice to know im in good hands

Southern Girl

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2013 F-150 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
This is what's wrong with our country.

While it would've been nice, you're not entitled to anything.
What's wrong with our country is that customers want to be treated properly? I can think of some things wrong with the country, but that is not one of them.

BroncoT

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Do you mind me asking why you never expected x-plan to be offered for bronco? It’s not a specialty vehicle- it’s basically just another mass produced Ford product...
They kept quiet for so long that by the time I reserved, it was pretty where they were going. I don’t like it, Ford is going out of their way to taint this launch. The real kicker is going to be when we find out all those juicy upgrades cost a lot more than expected.

if I cancel, price will be the reason. For sure.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Clubs

I just went to the X-Plan website and the date was March 2020 on the ineligible vehicles lists. It would make sense for the dealers to get updates sooner than the consumer, but the Bronco Sport is currently eligible even though it’s not available yet. It’s not a big difference in price after you include destination. Still better than nothing if you go into the higher trims.
My point in posting this is simply that the Bronco isn’t a commercial vehicle or performance vehicle, which leads me to think if they made the sport eligible then the Bronco will be so. However, I didn’t go through the thread to see if this was mentioned and don’t know the validity of the source the previous post came from. Just Sayin’ don’t quote me on this. I could be wrong...

54970A00-803D-4724-AAAD-54E1032667D2.png
Go through the thread. It’s confirmed now by Ford.

“Due to unprecedented demand and limited supply Bronco 2- and 4- door models will not be eligible for X-plan in 21MY. This is similar to other limited supply vehicles like F-150 Raptor, Mustang Shelby models. Bronco will offer AZD Plan pricing for all series except First Edition.”

Garbone

Base
First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 06 Mustang, 12 Explorer
I just got this email.

I was obviously pretty happy when they said they would still honor it.

Eric has been upfront and transparent sending occasional emails like this and one of the only Dealers in the SoCal forum when I was looking for one. And so I've been happy with them so far.

It's a bit of a drive from LA, but not a huge deal especially if this is indicative of their service.
Meanwhile, in other locations we are hearing dueling banjos and Ned Beatty is getting nervous....

Advertisement

Advertisement