Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Approach angle is the only thing I could see being negatively impacted. I'm still very interested though.

Will this fit the modular front bumper?

Rough country does not make mention and from the pics I would have to say likely not, although it may be possible. Time will tell on this one.
OP are you saying that it likely does not fit the modular front bumper or that it likely does not negatively impact the approach angle?
Sponsored

BRBlue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think this will also work with the Steel Bumper from Ford?

I know Im probably inviting having stones thrown at me, but, what does everyone think of the Badland brand that harbor freight sells. They have a chart that compares them to warn that seems pretty appetizing. I know you typically dont buy stuff from them that you think will last. Mainly one time use. But this branding seems to suggest otherwise.

Comments?
Plenty of positive reviews on YouTube where they put it through the paces. I believe there are some threads here as well. Looks like a solid product and I would buy one.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haven't used a winch in years but on this hidden style mount how do you free spool it out? Probably a dumb question but accessing the clutch handle would be impossible?
I was wondering that as well. Might have to have a wireless remote

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why doesn’t rough country either produce something really well thought out and then also produce other things that are total junk?

This looks awesome.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is from the first post:
" Will only fit Broncos with tow hooks: this kit will only fit 2021 Bronco models with OEM tow hooks."
The HD Modular has shackle brackets not tool hook.
Just what I'm looking for BUT need a model that will work with the HD bumper.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you think this will also work with the Steel Bumper from Ford?

I know Im probably inviting having stones thrown at me, but, what does everyone think of the Badland brand that harbor freight sells. They have a chart that compares them to warn that seems pretty appetizing. I know you typically dont buy stuff from them that you think will last. Mainly one time use. But this branding seems to suggest otherwise.

Comments?
Well considering that I have the winch in my living room, I think that it looks pretty good and I like the fact that it comes with everything needed to remotely mount the control box as well. This is one of those few items where I believe that the unit is not overly complicated and reasonably well built especially given the price point. I am pretty picky about what I buy from HF, but I have never had a problem with any of their winches or electric/hydraulic lifts.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like a great idea for a winch mount and is aesthetically the most attractive option I've seen. I like it, but probably will wait for a more reputable company to do something similar. I question removing the frame extensions if they might be needed for the future if you change bumpers or other mods, accessing the free spool lever, and the overall quality of this piece. RC offered a very cheap lift kit for the WK2 Grand Cherokee and the front struts had a tendency to bend if used for anything worse than a small pot hole.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering that as well. Might have to have a wireless remote
Your recovery's will be slower than crap through a straw trying to power spool out, not to mention the extended load on your battery / charging system

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a bad looking option. My Badlands will be a '22 that'll come with the Capable bumper which is very similar to the one shown. Now, if they'll just offer an option to not have the "Rough Country" logo cut into it🤔

Sponsored

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reached out to ask if this will fit the mod bumper, I also asked if they would let me return it if it wouldn't fit my Badlands Sasquatch. I would be happy to be a test mule and see. My expectation is that Rough Country, like everyone else, is waiting on test vehicles with certain packages and builds and they don't know if it will fit yet.

I looked at the install instructions and can't find a reason why it wouldn't unless the skid plate doesn't fit under the bumper properly, but it does look similar. My expectation is that it would fit UNLESS the mod bumper mounts using a bracket/bolt that is incompatible with the upper portion of the winch mount. The other bolt positions for the skid look the same.

I'm also leery of cutting those frame extensions. Another user here indicated they were used for manufacturing and given how thin they look, I can't imagine them being used for anything structural in the future. That said, it should be easy enough to mock it up and see if it would fit or not prior to cutting them off.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks awesome! Will it work with the heavy duty upgraded ford front bumper?
I can't imagine it will - as we HD bumpers people would have to cut that shape out in the bumper itself

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Cutting the frame to mount a winch? Christ these bumpers are not modular at all!

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a nice solution for for 90% of the times when winch use is needed, but for hardcore rock crawling or desert running it does need to be a bit higher.

I do have one concern about this. After reading the install instructions, it says to mount the control connector through the plastic radiator cover under the hood…does that mean the hood has to be open to plug in the controller and if so, how the hell do you steer and use the vehicle power from the drivers seat while controlling the winch if you can’t see through the open hood? Did I miss something here?

OB121

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Expedition 2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The hood would not be propped with the support all the way open, just opened to connect the remote cable and then lowered to the popped open position.
Sponsored