Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought the same thing as I have (and often use) a 4-bike Saris carrier. It wouldn't work without the extension with the spare there.
I have put cheap magnetic tail light on bike racks - I am sure there could be a ticked for that in some states.
Sponsored

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The extension is probably a little longer than it should be but its not terrible.

969CDCC6-A4F9-4094-8D7A-1F22FBDC70DD.jpeg

1610133989293.png

These kinds of racks aren't worth the money. You should spend a few more dollars and get a better one.

I'm personally gonna throw on a Lolo rack.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally say Cactus Gray on a Ranger today. It was inside on a cloudy day so Iā€™ll go back for a sunshine look if it clears up tomorrow. Inside, with no sun here are my impressions:

1. Itā€™s gray. Have to squint to see the hint of green. No blue hint at all. Solidly gray to me and my daughter.

2. The gray looked really darn good. Beautiful even. I came away thinking it was my #1 color and I donā€™t care about how it looks in sun... though that not true. Gotta see it in sunlight.

3. It was parked next to a lightning blue Ranger. Have to say, even if cactus gray passes the sunlight test, if LB is offered for Badlands 2022 MY reservations, Iā€™m leaning LB. Lightning Blue is a gorgeous color for a truck. Thatā€™s a fact.

5StringSlim

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1UP USA racks, look emā€™ up.
Agreed.

Only bike rack to own, hands down:
1. American made
2. Heavy duty anodized aluminum
3. The Yetis are held firmly in place - no rubbing at all
4. Easy to load and unload the bikes

On our JL Rubicon, I use a 6ā€ hitch extension to clear the spare tire.

Sponsored

J Jernigan

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome look, thanks, a hitch bike rack is a big deal for me.

Wouldn't mind seeing video at some point to see how much movement there is.
well judging from how it leaning towards the ground Iā€™d guess tons of movement. the only way those extensions work worth a hoot is if you can thread and bolt the extension to the receiver. I had a jeep that I did that with and it worked great then.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My take is that the color pallet chosen for Bronco's release was performed by somebody who's social life includes going to art galleries with fancy wines and cheeses, where everybody is dressed superbly modern and fancy.

Which is to say: They completely missed the objective and demographic of Bronco, confusing the Bronco for a Mercedes S-class. Simply choosing 5 things, then duplicating them is absurd. Two blacks, two whites, two grays, two reds. Oh shit, we forgot a blue and I guess throw in something else. A51 seems like a color, I live in the land of Amazon.com so it's just "Amazon delivery vehicle" color...

My personal color of choice, if allowed a choice, would be none of the offered colors (something in green, brown, gold or a 1st generation vintage light metallic hue of any of the colors mentioned previously).

However, there are only three actual colors in the lineup as I won't own a vehicle in grayscale. Cyber Orange, Velocity Blue and Race Red (Rapid red is technically a color, but it's a boring color, being essentially burgundy). We already have a Lightning Blue Ranger, so it's a coin flip between Cyber Orange and Race Red. Materials costs for repairing tri-coats is quite expensive so that actually only leaves one genuine color, Race Red.

14LAGALLERY1-superJumbo[1].jpg

These are color pictures, BTW. To a Bronco paint and materials team member, these are inspirational. And that tells you a lot when an art gallery inspires designers of an off road vehicle....
10_MoMA_Photography-by-Iwan-Baan-2000x1333[1].jpg

Assuming you want the vehicle to look like a concrete jungle, then yea, it's um, a.... interesting color?

What excitement I see with real-life Cactus Gray:
1_Nny24mQlhdYLhIidrSSHZw[1].jpeg

empty+l.a.+(3)[1].png

Really stirs the soul and excites the mind.
Every time I read one of your post I actually laugh out loud.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hitch stabilizer on the extension and rack would do wonders. The picture is just one example of many that are available. I use one with bike racks even when I donā€™t need an extension.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 2C80578E-8EF2-4550-A897-199B09CD6F1E

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While Iā€™ll use a hitch mount for my multi bike rack, Iā€™m also going to get a tire mount rack that will stay more snug against the vehicle and swing away with the rear door like this one on a wrangler.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 2C80578E-8EF2-4550-A897-199B09CD6F1E
Love this open, hadn't really seen it before. I thought I had to use the tow hitch, but this is a much more compact option.

Beachcrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This color is different every time I see it. Can we just rename Cactus Gray to Chameleon Gray?

Sponsored

WildTBill

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 2017 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry to hijack the thread, but these photos are answering my question if a low profile Pakmule carrier will fit under 35 out back, looks like it might work.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) Swayback_Render_Angle-1000x601

2021  BroncoBikeRack.g04.KGP.jpg

Last edited:

Java9

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 2.7L, 93 Bronco 5.8L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whooooooa, CG is really bad. Stretching it to be as long as a limousine with that bike rack is an interesting way to stimulate the mind and prevent mid-day naps.

Should "whatever color my dishwasher is" or "I don't know what color I want, i guess silver if you have it on the lot?" be too exciting for you, then CG comes in punching below it's pay grade to lull you to boredom.

Truly CG is the color for accountants, auditors, bean counters, bookkeepers or anybody who's job involves researching history via microfiche. (if you're too young to know what microfiche is, google it)

These sorts of paint colors are why Americans have difficulty moving back to a righthand lane after passing somebody, they have been lulled to sleep by boredom behind the wheel.
As someone who likes Cactus Gray in person....this is hilarious and makes me wonder about myself lol. Thank you for this laugh lol

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Conundrum, Big ass tire vs Rear Glass Raising vs Gate Door Opening?
Which New Bike rack should i buy?

Kuat Sherpa 2.0
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1612708465592

or Yakima FullSwing
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco spotted with hitch bike rack (Yakima) 1612708540679

Or open to suggestions!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Conundrum, Big ass tire vs Rear Glass Raising vs Gate Door Opening?
Which New Bike rack should i buy?

Kuat Sherpa 2.0

or Yakima FullSwing

Or open to suggestions!
Look at 1up. Best in the business and they have extensions.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs