Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah. That's messed up. Never heard that before. I thought I was done with my build.
I hadn't heard that either, and had viewed TTA as a consolation prize for possibly going with the 2.3/10AT instead of waiting forever and a day for a manual Sasquatch. Now I see that's not the case as a 2.7 just isn't in my budget. Guess I'm back to waiting for a '22 Sasquatch'ed BD...

The more I learn about this vehicle, the more I'm convinced Ford's marketing/ program planners are idiots.
Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hadn't heard that either, and had viewed TTA as a consolation prize for possibly going with the 2.3/10AT instead of waiting forever and a day for a manual Sasquatch. Now I see that's not the case as a 2.7 just isn't in my budget. Guess I'm back to waiting for a '22 Sasquatch'ed BD...

The more I learn about this vehicle, the more I'm convinced Ford's marketing/ program planners are idiots.
I'm hoping Bronco Nation are the idiots. They've gotten stuff wrong before.

dabush1980

Black Diamond
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed a note on trail turn assist that shows only on 2.7L engines. I built a BD with a 2.3L and that hero switch shows up on the 2.3L. Dang I was hoping it would be available on the 2.3L. If you zoom in you can see the hero switch.
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco G.O.A.T. Modes Explained [Video] 1607140291554

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Every time some says that they have likely not be on the receiving end at the dealer when something in their drivetrain is busted...

While it might say "the burden of proof is on the manufacturer" They say it very quickly and without hesitation on all the tuned diesels.. How they hell do you fight them? It would cost more to hire an attorney than to just pay to get it fixed.. Can anyone show me where someone fought a warranty denial for a modification and won? Sure, oil, filters, OEM style parts... but as soon as you modify things, you are likely to be on the loosing side of warranty claim. Manufacturers have denied engine damage based on the K&N filters.
https://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13066
https://www.challengertalk.com/thre...ideo-about-his-displeasure-with-dodge.550553/

No way would a non Ford Performance tune be covered under the Magnuson Moss warranty act...
MMWA lawyers work on a pay later basis since a MMWA claim includes an award of attorneys fees. The more a manufacturer fights the more it will cost them in the long run.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
MMWA lawyers work on a pay later basis since a MMWA claim includes an award of attorneys fees. The more a manufacturer fights the more it will cost them in the long run.
Can you show me a link to someone who was successful?

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By that measure, *every* possible source of official information has gotten details wrong.
Ford PR...Ford consumer site...Ford B&P...Bronco Nation...

While I have my qualms with creatives at marketing agencies, I *really* don't have faith in the Ford product launch team to not make "mistakes" (likely done on purpose as yet another upsell) like this.

dnvrBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander, Outback, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No reason to have it tied to 2.7. It’s not an engine management system. I see why you need an auto trans as it is conceivable that you could lock the outside rear wheel during the turn. It also needs to defeat the rear locker. I think this is just normal Bronco Nation video QC.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting to hear if the 4A mode is an auto-switch between 2H and 4H or does it make the Bronco a true AWD vehicle in that mode, able to drive all four wheels without locking the axles, thus able to be used on dry pavement. The Raptor has the latter but I've heard other Fords with 4A have the former. This video seems to imply it's the Raptor's version of 4A. Here's hoping!

I would like to learn a little more about this as well. My current 2015 GC has an 'All time 4wd' setup that works seamlessly to divert power to the front wheels when needed. I'm hoping 4A works like that. My wife will be driving it sometimes and if its raining or icy /snowy I would like to know that she can set it to 4A without having to deal with the 'clunk' on the transfer case engaging every time it kicks in. She's not going to want to mess around with the different modes depending on road conditions.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
4A available on all models, standard with Sasquatch

So like available as not part of Sasquatch on the lower trims...?

I'd love if that were true. B&p disagrees but I'm hoping it's wrong. If so that puts BB back on the table for my cheaper build

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't imagine I would ever be bothered to change the drive mode. You can manually engage the lockers and the transfer case...this is completely useless.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I’m way deep in a Friday night, but were folks expecting their rock crawler to tear up pavement? I wasn’t.
Lol. Sounds like some people should be getting a Hellcat instead of a Bronco.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that trail turn assist is cool and fun, even helpful at times. But, is it necessary enough that you would change your motor choice for it ? We've all been driving for years without it...

I thought the video was cool, appreciate the post. (y)

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you show me a link to someone who was successful?
Probably not. Of course, 99% of lawsuits that make it past the initial pleading stage settle, leaving a small universe of cases that are actually decided. But your point is well taken.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Probably not. Of course, 99% of lawsuits that make it past the initial pleading stage settle, leaving a small universe of cases that are actually decided. But your point is well taken.
For sure, I can't even find someone who mentions it on a forum. Sure there are dealers who look past tuners/power adders, but the Manufacturers are really clamping down. Ford especially with all of their diesel warranty costs from the 6.0/6.4. Ford warranty costs have really hurt their bottom line.
Sponsored