Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Normal? This is a bronco. I don’t want “normal.”
Ford, please replace normal on the badlands with sport and make the default mode “eco” so you can claim the mileage.
The customer is always right.
Good suggestion. Thats what the FE should have so that its no compromises
PLEASE GOD CAN SOMEONE VERIFY THIS?? it’s a game changer for me, no doubt.
That would be a whole lot of things to press to get sport mode, unfortunately

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This video may have cleared up a long-standing mystery for me. The mystery was related to how do you switch on and off Trail One-Pedal Driving.

We know Trail One-Pedal Driving requires the 2.7L engine and Trail Control for Off-Road requires the 10-speed transmission. We knew the switch to engage Trail Control is in the center of the GOAT modes dial, but where is the Trail One-Pedal Driving switch?

In the video below, I have advanced the presentation to 1:03. That is the place where the mystery may have been solved. I now believe Trail One-Pedal Driving is engaged when you engage Trail Control and can not be controlled separately. Fair assumption?

Last edited:

Sponsored

TexasBlaze

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s too early for me to think right now and the lack of sleep but if I remember right I believe I saw it in another video of where it was either the dashboard panel or the infotainment panel. But I also could be wrong and just dreamed the whole thing lol.

This video may have cleared up a long-standing mystery for me. The mystery was related to how do you switch on and off Trail One-Pedal Driving.

We know Trail One-Pedal Driving requires the 2.7L engine and Trail Control for Off-Road requires the 10-speed transmission. We knew the switch to engage Trail Control is in the center of the GOAT modes dial, but where is the Trail One-Pedal Driving switch?

In the video below, I have advanced the presentation to 1:03. That is the place where the mystery may have been solved. I now believe Trail One-Pedal Driving is engaged when you engage Trail Control and can not be controlled separately. Fair assumption?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s too early for me to think right now and the lack of sleep but if I remember right I believe I saw it in another video of where it was either the dashboard panel or the infotainment panel. But I also could be wrong and just dreamed the whole thing lol.
Actually, I just confirmed via Bronco Nation that a deep dive document will be created explaining the capabilities and limitations of Trail One-Pedal Driving. Stay tuned for more.

Gvellas

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 7.3L F-250, 00 Civic, 2015 prius, 01 explore
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been driving Ford trucks for years from a 96 ranger, 2000 F-150, 2005 F-350, 2008 F-250 and now a 2013 F-350. None of them have 4A and I've used 4H in the winter time on roads in the midwest in all of them. As long as you don't cut a turn tight in 4H and only engage it when needed you'll be just fine with 4H. Nothing wrong with the 4A option and if definitely works well, but it is also not the only option for on road driving
My 2001 explorer has 4h, 4l, and auto. It does not have a 2h setting on the dial.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I get that the Badlands doesn't have sport, but you'd think in a video discussing the GOAT modes, that they'd throw in at the end "this model doesn't have Sport mode, but it is available on X,Y,Z trims, and functions like this....." just to explain what it does, instead of just pretending it doesn't exist.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about “sport” mode?
No Sport mode on this model (Badlands) but I'd still like to see an explanation of it. Sounds like something I'd be using for highway driving.

Very glad it's standard on the Base. I won't miss the Mud, Baja, or Rock Crawling modes. I think the other modes are enough to get me where I want to go.

Sponsored

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2001 explorer has 4h, 4l, and auto. It does not have a 2h setting on the dial.
My parents had a late 90’s explorer that had 4A as well. Nothing wrong with the feature, I was just pointing out that it’s not the only on road way to use 4x4.

robepa

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's what I assume from that video and it is consistent with how Toyota does it. I am not sure why they need to be linked but there may be very good reasons as I have never driven a vehicle that has it.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good suggestion. Thats what the FE should have so that its no compromises

That would be a whole lot of things to press to get sport mode, unfortunately
GOAT > Hero > Go ?

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you not just switch back to 2h in Baja mode?
Sure can, as can the rest of the 50,000 people buying a BL. Or, you know, Ford could simply program the car appropriately for all of us.
Sponsored