Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Vespa P200E
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I noticed a note on trail turn assist that shows only on 2.7L engines. I built a BD with a 2.3L and that hero switch shows up on the 2.3L. Dang I was hoping it would be available on the 2.3L. If you zoom in you can see the hero switch.
Seems like the Bronco Preliminary Build & Price Dealer Quick Reference Guide agrees that the 2.3L w/ AT includes Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist:

10-Speed Automatic Transmission
Note: With 2.3L Engine – Includes Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist
Note: With 2.7L Engine – Includes Trail Control, Trail Turn Assist and Trail One-Pedal Driving
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol. Sounds like some people should be getting a Hellcat instead of a Bronco.
It's not crazy for people paying $55k+ to want all of the modes the lower models have included as well. We can rock crawl AND have some fun on the way to the trails... well I guess BL owners won't ;)

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I would like to learn a little more about this as well. My current 2015 GC has an 'All time 4wd' setup that works seamlessly to divert power to the front wheels when needed. I'm hoping 4A works like that. My wife will be driving it sometimes and if its raining or icy /snowy I would like to know that she can set it to 4A without having to deal with the 'clunk' on the transfer case engaging every time it kicks in. She's not going to want to mess around with the different modes depending on road conditions.
My Wife has 4A on her f150 and it works perfectly. I prefer to drive her truck in the icy/snowy roads over my F350. I hope the Bronco's 4A works as well as the F150.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I thought Baja could replace it but according to the video that is a no go on pavement.

Now I need to consider the wildtrak but the interior options suck....

Tried to buy a FE that would have had sport mode on the first night but couldn’t due to website crashing....

Now I could have A badlands tuned in the aftermarket and throw away my warranty.

Love the Bronco but this is starting to give me pause. I may drop out and just wait for the warthog.

Decisions......
Haha it seems like every time I'm disappointed it takes me a few days to get over it then I'm back to needing a Bronco. But not this time! This is the final straw, for real!

In all seriousness if we can't duplicate Sport mode by 2highing Baja mode I'll wait for the Warthog as well. From what I've read, the Wart is essentially a BL with more power- pretty early to speculate though. But if it's true, we're already pushing $60k, what's another 10 for the whole shebang? ?

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had thoughts of switching from BL to WT because of the sport mode. I noticed the shifter had + and - buttons on the side. Do you think those are for selectable shifting? If so I may be able to fake sport mode on my own and not worry about it.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My Wife has 4A on her f150 and it works perfectly. I prefer to drive her truck in the icy/snowy roads over my F350. I hope the Bronco's 4A works as well as the F150.
I love hearing this! The reason I wanted a bronco so much is bc I loved my hummer h3. I prefer to drive a AWD. Always have. I feel have far more control on the road! Sounds like I'm getting a 1000 times better version of my hummer!

K8GTH

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Technically they cannot void your warranty (moss magunson act as I recall) but if they feel a power train failure occurred because you modified the engine mapping you are going to have a hell of time getting it covered from ford Corp. the old “I will just return to the stock map before I take it to the dealer doesn’t work”. They can scan to see if the PCM has been changed. You will leave a digital footprint.
Ford has been pushing a lot of telematics/V2X and advertises that this next generation of vehicles is able to update software automatically over the air. Never mind the PCM will show signs of being flashed, it will probably phone home and tattle on you within minutes of applying a tune. Until a production unit is out there in the wild its speculation, but that has been the market trend. Given how Ford is all about warranty cost reduction I wouldn't doubt they're going to use every resource in their arsenal to fight.

The other thing to consider is the crackdown by the EPA. Granted it seems they're currently focused on the manufactures/installers of diesel performance stuff. Given how drastic regulations are getting, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that an OEM would report known violators to the EPA if it keeps them in good graces.

Reactions: MJJ

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I get that trail turn assist is cool and fun, even helpful at times. But, is it necessary enough that you would change your motor choice for it ? We've all been driving for years without it...

I thought the video was cool, appreciate the post. (y)
You make a strong point. But I want to say I have it. ??

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I agree. I thought Baja could replace it but according to the video that is a no go on pavement.

Now I need to consider the wildtrak but the interior options suck....

Tried to buy a FE that would have had sport mode on the first night but couldn’t due to website crashing....

Now I could have A badlands tuned in the aftermarket and throw away my warranty.

Love the Bronco but this is starting to give me pause. I may drop out and just wait for the warthog.

Decisions......

Yeah from the F150 video it didn't seem like it would "lock out" the 4wd mode selects with the goat modes, but here it shows they do. To be fair though, this is still a somewhat unknown as he didn't mention whether 2H/4A would be selectable in Baja (creating sport mode). You'd think that would be something they would want to mention if it is though...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No reason to have it tied to 2.7. It’s not an engine management system. I see why you need an auto trans as it is conceivable that you could lock the outside rear wheel during the turn. It also needs to defeat the rear locker. I think this is just normal Bronco Nation video QC.
Seems like the Bronco Preliminary Build & Price Dealer Quick Reference Guide agrees that the 2.3L w/ AT includes Trail Control and Trail Turn Assist:
Maybe Bronco Nation misspoke regarding the Trail Control / Trail Turn Assist and confused it with Trail One-Pedal Driving regarding the 2.7L. Ford Bronco Lineup PDF highlighted the information below:

Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco G.O.A.T. Modes Explained [Video] 1651811E-6C23-49B6-8443-2F6E342B50B7

https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../suvs/bronco/2021/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
Thanks to all for responding with corroborating evidence/logic. (Apologies to anyone that responded earlier that I didn't quote). I have to believe that BN attributed the 2.7L requirement for TTA as an error. The power plant should have no bearing on the transmission.

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Normal? This is a bronco. I don’t want “normal.”
Ford, please replace normal on the badlands with sport and make the default mode “eco” so you can claim the mileage.
The customer is always right.

jeep364

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep WK
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
his video clarifies the Trail Turn Assist feature. Previously, it was known that it was only available on automatic transmission. But many didn't think the different engine sizes had any bearing on the automatic transmission and the Trail Turn Assist. In this video, it indicated that the Trail Turn Assist is only available on the 2.7L (which of cou
4A available on all models, standard with Sasquatch

So like available as not part of Sasquatch on the lower trims...?

I'd love if that were true. B&p disagrees but I'm hoping it's wrong. If so that puts BB back on the table for my cheaper build
Agreed. Base and BB not available with 4A unless squatched.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The dudes main warning was about binding the differential. So what about selecting baja, shifting to 2H, unlocking the differentials, and pressing the gas?
PLEASE GOD CAN SOMEONE VERIFY THIS?? it’s a game changer for me, no doubt.

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was a garbage infomercial. I need to get a Bronco during the first month of delivery. I could probably make enough by making shitty say nothing new youtube videos to pay for it.
Sponsored