Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My take a ways:

Rear locker will operate at any speed (like my other Fords, but not my Rubicon)
Front locker can be engaged without rear (unlike my 05 Rubicon)
Front can be used only below 25 mph (like my Rubicon)
GOAT mode selections can be manually over ridden

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, but if you have a Badlands with no Sport mode...then what?
I'm wondering if these can be activated with ForScan? I know the terrain management can be done with those who don't have it on their Rangers. They just bought the dial and activated it with Forscan.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm wondering if these can be activated with ForScan? I know the terrain management can be done with those who don't have it on their Rangers. They just bought the dial and activated it with Forscan.
I had given it thought that quite anything that is controlled electronically should in theory be enabled/disabled via ForScan.

Sponsored

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting to hear if the 4A mode is an auto-switch between 2H and 4H or does it make the Bronco a true AWD vehicle in that mode, able to drive all four wheels without locking the axles, thus able to be used on dry pavement. The Raptor has the latter but I've heard other Fords with 4A have the former. This video seems to imply it's the Raptor's version of 4A. Here's hoping!

Trilifter7

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2022 Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been driving Ford trucks for years from a 96 ranger, 2000 F-150, 2005 F-350, 2008 F-250 and now a 2013 F-350. None of them have 4A and I've used 4H in the winter time on roads in the midwest in all of them. As long as you don't cut a turn tight in 4H and only engage it when needed you'll be just fine with 4H. Nothing wrong with the 4A option and if definitely works well, but it is also not the only option for on road driving

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, but if you have a Badlands with no Sport mode...then what?
Understood. I’m not rock crawling or need the sway bar disconnect so I’m ordering the Wildtrak - which has sport mode ... sorry I misunderstood your issue. Makes no sense to me.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting to hear if the 4A mode is an auto-switch between 2H and 4H or does it make the Bronco a true AWD vehicle in that mode, able to drive all four wheels without locking the axles, thus able to be used on dry pavement. The Raptor has the latter but I've heard other Fords with 4A have the former. This video seems to imply it's the Raptor's version of 4A. Here's hoping!
Does this answer your question?
(“all road conditions” is understood to include dry pavement)
Ford Bronco 2021 Ford Bronco G.O.A.T. Modes Explained [Video] B4F1D8C2-DE76-473F-8BC4-5AD8FACF0C3C

Sponsored

B Wants A Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X; 2002 BMW 530i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this answer your question?
(“all road conditions” is understood to include dry pavement)
Thanks! I actually had read that a long time ago and I guess forgotten about it. I guess I'm second guessing things at this point. I think it will be like the Raptor's system :).

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know this has been discussed in the past, but this video clarifies the Trail Turn Assist feature. Previously, it was known that it was only available on automatic transmission. But many didn't think the different engine sizes had any bearing on the automatic transmission and the Trail Turn Assist. In this video, it indicated that the Trail Turn Assist is only available on the 2.7L (which of course is only available with the 10sp automatic transmission).
Yeah. That's messed up. Never heard that before. I thought I was done with my build.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I actually had read that a long time ago and I guess forgotten about it. I guess I'm second guessing things at this point. I think it will be like the Raptor's system :).
It’s still vague enough that I’m not totally sure what the system is doing... it mentions automatic 4h selection, but then also “continuously varies power”... there was some discussion about it here in a Ford raptor thread, and I’m not sure they came to a consensus.

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act !!!
Every time some says that they have likely not be on the receiving end at the dealer when something in their drivetrain is busted...

While it might say "the burden of proof is on the manufacturer" They say it very quickly and without hesitation on all the tuned diesels.. How they hell do you fight them? It would cost more to hire an attorney than to just pay to get it fixed.. Can anyone show me where someone fought a warranty denial for a modification and won? Sure, oil, filters, OEM style parts... but as soon as you modify things, you are likely to be on the loosing side of warranty claim. Manufacturers have denied engine damage based on the K&N filters.
https://www.fordflex.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13066
https://www.challengertalk.com/thre...ideo-about-his-displeasure-with-dodge.550553/

No way would a non Ford Performance tune be covered under the Magnuson Moss warranty act...
Sponsored