Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just received an email from Ford and per the email it says

"Don’t wait! We anticipate that 20‍21 Bronco models may be sold out soon and 20‍22 Bronco reservations are already filling up."

With 2021's reserved being delivered into next year already why would anyone at this point order a 2021?

a related question if anyone knows , receiving a 2021 mid year 2022 wouldnt you get hit with instant depreciation since kbb only knows it's a year old already?
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yada, yada, yada... same email to me, just Ford lining up more orders for 2022-23.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like a terrible sales pitch to me. Everybody knows the 2021 is sold out and has been for sometime now. Most people will see 2022 anyways due to the delays.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Actually, with constraints it could be possible for someone to order a big bend 4-cyl auto 4-door non-squatch today and get it in 2021...

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually, with constraints it could be possible for someone to order a big bend 4-cyl auto 4-door non-squatch today and get it in 2021...
That could be what they mean for sure.. of course there was that Sept reservation cutoff thing.

I would rather them build other trims if nobody wants a basic BB but maybe that is how Ford allotted their resources... Planned on making soany of each regardless so now they have some trims that nobody wants.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"We've only got one of these bad boys left. I can't guarantee it'll be here tomorrow. So cmon man...what's it gonna take to get you in this 2023 Bronco today?"

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That could be what they mean for sure.. of course there was that Sept reservation cutoff thing.

I would rather them build other trims if nobody wants a basic BB but maybe that is how Ford allotted their resources... Planned on making soany of each regardless so now they have some trims that nobody wants.
I highly suspect that Ford looked at the Jeep sales mix and set their numbers based on that. In fact I have a friend who used to work for Ford and they had come up with an estimate that had higher two door numbers and marketing went with the lower case.

The thing is Jeep’s numbers are skewed based on Dealer mix for general market sales. But Ford’s first two years are going to be skewed by custom orders.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base model, manual transmission, MIC top............no bells or whistles. Think it's still possible to get a 21'?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We also don't know the numbers that are holding off until MY22. I'm guessing when Ford did the conversion %, since Priority 99 is still a "converted" order it was lumped into the 66% calc. Which could mean there is still room in MY21.

My inner pessimist reading between the lines has seen recent moves as interest is in waning.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Base model, manual transmission, MIC top............no bells or whistles. Think it's still possible to get a 21'?
possible... unlikely but I wouldn’t be shocked if they keep pushing units through when packages and parts become scarce.

expect to see lower trim models sitting on lots before some of us get ours

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just received an email from Ford and per the email it says

"Don’t wait! We anticipate that 20‍21 Bronco models may be sold out soon and 20‍22 Bronco reservations are already filling up."

With 2021's reserved being delivered into next year already why would anyone at this point order a 2021?

a related question if anyone knows , receiving a 2021 mid year 2022 wouldnt you get hit with instant depreciation since kbb only knows it's a year old already?
Nope. Only 1 FE has been sold. Thousands will be for sale this summer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I highly suspect that Ford looked at the Jeep sales mix and set their numbers based on that. In fact I have a friend who used to work for Ford and they had come up with an estimate that had higher two door numbers and marketing went with the lower case.

The thing is Jeep’s numbers are skewed based on Dealer mix for general market sales. But Ford’s first two years are going to be skewed by custom orders.
Ford could have avoided alot of this had they simply allowed us to update the trim on our reservation.

Imagine how much of a resource that would have been... Ford announces that you can only get X in Trim Y and within 24 hours they could tell if they made a good choice because people would either flock to OR run away from that Trim.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I highly suspect that Ford looked at the Jeep sales mix and set their numbers based on that....
I'm sure for the initial forecast however, the extremely good idea of a reservation system allowed ford to understand the market a 100, a 1000, times better than what some marketing geek could have come up with by using target groups.

Yeah, the production ball had to get rolling years prior to the release, and did so by preliminary forecasts of the demand, but managing a trajectory of an operation to get the best outcome possible requires adjustments all along the way. As a PM myself, you can manage problems better given more time, you can buy a lot of things but time is not one of them.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford could have avoided a lot of this had they simply allowed us to update the trim on our reservation.
That is a great point. I reserved a base w/no options just to hold a spot, since they said the order could be changed later. On the other hand, I can see how their IT could have been overwhelmed by all the changes everyone would have done.
Sponsored