Sponsored

2022 Bronco: Ceramic Coating - Is It Worth It?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think paying a couple of grand for it is worth it. Learn to do it yourself...
Or, just go with a spray on wipe off, off the counter "nano graphene micro ceramic Titanium bullet-proof" stuff
Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I paid $800 to have my mobile detailer do a paint correction and “3 year” ceramic back in late December. It’s only been four months but so far I’ve been pleased. The truck is often parked in NYC which is just filthy, yet every time it rains it looks like it just went through a car wash. I plan to apply a “maintainer” spray every five or six months and if I get a year and a half out of it I’ll be happy. It took the guy 5 or 6 hours which I didn’t and don’t have. Happy to pay someone for the time and attention to detail (which I also don’t have).

Not a great photo but here it is after having NOT been washed for a very long time.

Alex

1EF28CA1-AF35-4F10-A5FC-CA6DB3B61DDF.jpeg

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you don't own the polisher throw in another $300 for a good mid grade one.
Porter Cable 7424XP. $130 at Home Depot.
If you drop clay bar THROW IT AWAY. The way you can screw up clay baring a car is to have some abrasive contaminate in the clay and rubbing it on your paint.
Clay bars are a pain in the butt. Nanoskin AutoScrub wash mitt all the way.

OP
OP

texasmark04

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be watching the thread to see if you find a better quote in the area. I'll be on the lookout, as well.
I found a better deal after calling around to different places. Went with JCs Auto Salon here on the Northeast side of town off Topperwein Rd. He did the full ceramic coating for $550, took them about 5 hours to do the whole Bronco. Came out good, I did some traveling this weekend and drove the Bronco a lot of places, she got dirty. Took it the car wash, simple wash with soap, water and spot free rinse and she was back to sparkling. Pretty happy with the results. It’s a 2 year application.
Sponsored