Sponsored

Aftermarket Protection plan, is it worth it?

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I am dealing with an auto broker who has assured me that the pricing we have agreed on is the price I pay, I had let him know that I am not interested in "Dealer" upgrades for paint and interior protection. And getting ripped off for Scotch guard and a coat of wax along with Nitrogen that I would be letting out any way while off roading.

He again assured me that the Dealer would not do anything but he had options I might consider.

He provided me with a list of three "Plans" that i could buy through his company Two of them I just have no interest in or have already planned to do myself.

So the primary plan is a repair plan that covers windshield damage, Paint-less dent repair, Tire and Wheel damage coverage, Lost or damaged keys and or fobs and lastly 24 hour roadside service.

Pricing for this coverage seems pretty reasonable at $748/5 years, No Deductible! I mean a couple dings and dents and a cracked windshield would cover that investment (TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF) since I have read about the cracking windshields and being that I live in the city Dents and dings are going to happen
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I am dealing with an auto broker who has assured me that the pricing we have agreed on is the price I pay, I had let him know that I am not interested in "Dealer" upgrades for paint and interior protection. And getting ripped off for Scotch guard and a coat of wax along with Nitrogen that I would be letting out any way while off roading.

He again assured me that the Dealer would not do anything but he had options I might consider.

He provided me with a list of three "Plans" that i could buy through his company Two of them I just have no interest in or have already planned to do myself.

So the primary plan is a repair plan that covers windshield damage, Paint-less dent repair, Tire and Wheel damage coverage, Lost or damaged keys and or fobs and lastly 24 hour roadside service.

Pricing for this coverage seems pretty reasonable at $748/5 years, No Deductible! I mean a couple dings and dents and a cracked windshield would cover that investment (TRYING TO CONVINCE MYSELF) since I have read about the cracking windshields and being that I live in the city Dents and dings are going to happen
Read the fine print on that. They likely cover windshield repairs for chips, but not cracks and not replacement. If you’re willing to spend a bit more, you can buy an ESP plan from Flood Ford or Granger for a good price and you get your entire rig covered. Now, this is also something you don’t have to commit to right now. The factory warantees will cover you for 3 years. You can use that time to decide on if you want to keep going with a service plan or not. I will be bringing my Flood Ford quote with me for a $0 deductible 8 yr plan to my dealer and if they can’t match the price then I won’t buy it at my dealer. Then I’ll take my time to see if I really feel like I need an extended plan.

Last edited: