First Name
Hallie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Wildtrak (4-dr)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had mine done a couple weeks ago and love it. The shine is amazing and super easy to keep clean. I got the premium package for $1500.00 which has a lifetime warranty.
I had a bird take a crap in the hood and it had dried by the time I saw it. I sprayed it with my garden hose it slide off like it was on glass. Well worth the money if you plan on keeping it.
Who did you do this through and what products? I ask because I got a quote from Xpel for $1400 but it is only a 4 year warranty...wondering if I need to do some more shopping around
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, I'm not paying $1000+ on a shop to do something like this. I'll find a good diy product and save that extra money on mods.

DSRTR8D

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just give it a good wax once a year. You’ll get the same sort of benefits of easy wash-off, glistening finish, etc…

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who did you do this through and what products? I ask because I got a quote from Xpel for $1400 but it is only a 4 year warranty...wondering if I need to do some more shopping around
I had it done at Tint World in Gulfport MS. I believe they use Xpel as well. The Superior package was two coats on windows and paint. It took 3 days to complete it was ready by noon on the 4th day.

Tacnav#1

Badlands
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge AWD, F-150, Dodge Challenger R/T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd like to see the fine print on this, there's no way that any coating of any kind will last a "lifetime" unless they mean lifetime of the coating. Same goes for PPF, which will start to deteriorate after a couple years.

Ceramic is just a coating, not magic, and it will not ever last the lifetime of the vehicle. Unless they actually did come up with some magic.

Really curious what they mean by that warranty. The Adams graphene I'm gonna put on is supposed to last for something like 7 years (might say "up to") and a professional one might last a bit longer, but I can't imagine anyone giving a full lifetime warranty on any of these things. I'd be very surprised if there's not a bunch of escape clauses in that warranty.
I have to bring it in quarterly they will wash and clean inside and checkout the coating. The cost is $25.00.

Sponsored

Kedward

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX, 2022 BB Sasquatch 7-speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you want to understand the prep work and application process, there are plenty of online videos that explain the details, such as the one in the link below. If you are not handy, pay to have it done correctly. I personally wouldn't pay more than about $1,000 to have it done on a new vehicle because, as you mentioned, little or no paint correction is required. I prepped and ceramic coated my Bronco in a few hours when it had less than 200 miles.

what diy ceramic would you suggest? my bronco has about 500 miles and I'm comfortable detailing cars. thanks for your feedback. I'm considering Adams or Carbon force

KKCSHIPP

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok, I bought my wife’s X6M and it had a ceramic coating professionally applied by the previous owner and a 7-year warranty. With the use of the foam cannon I bought at Harbor Freight it’s such an easy clean. I’m sold on ceramics and will be getting Adams Polishes coating and knocking out my Ram 2500, and then the Bronco when it arrives - it’s so worth the $100 or so. Schucks people on this thread will pay crazy $ for other things but not to protect the finish.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I see a lot of people talking about having their Bronco done but I am pretty much dumb to the topic and want to get y'all's feedback on if it is worth it or not. What are the pros, cons, upkeep, etc.? Just trying to see if it is worth the investment, especially since I have been quoted by a few places as to what they would charge. I mentioned that it is brand new and would (most likely, I believe) NOT need all the paint correction, water spot removal, etc. prep that seems to cost as much as the coating itself. Any advice and/or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Mine when brand new I clay barred it and checked it over inch by inch. Absolutely needs paint correction. There were well over 20 spots I personally found. I did my own ceramic coating uk 3.0. I did not polish out every spot and some of the paint defects I could knock flat but they wouldn’t go away. I can livewith the small defects. But if a place is charging then it needs to be perfect or close as can be. And it is labor intensive to wet sand polish an entire vehicle.

Alas I do believe it’s worth it. The Bronco stays cleaner than other cars in the past that I didn’t coat cleans easily want water spots aren’t nearly as stubborn they come right off.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

people think that a new vehicle doesn't need the proper paint correction prior to doing ceramic, and they are incredibly wrong. There's a lot of iron dust deposits on the paint from the railway transport, as well as paint imperfections from the factory that need to be taken care of. if you don't do proper paint correction, it's the same as painting over cockroaches on the wall of your house - the crap gets sealed under the ceramic coat instead of being removed prior to coating. just like automotive paint, proper prep work is 90% of a good job. If you don't know what you're doing, hire a pro

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought Adams Advanced Graphene and plan to apply with only hand polishing since my Bronco is so new. Wash, clay bar, hand polish ($14 and lots of elbow grease), surface prep, apply. $130 all in.

I will use the Adams Graphene shampoo and other products to make it last as long as possible. Ideally, I’ll never do this again. My Bronco is garage kept so 5 years seems possible (it’s rated to 9, but c’mon man, NFW). After 5 years, who knows what I’ll think.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Markco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I see a lot of people talking about having their Bronco done but I am pretty much dumb to the topic and want to get y'all's feedback on if it is worth it or not. What are the pros, cons, upkeep, etc.? Just trying to see if it is worth the investment, especially since I have been quoted by a few places as to what they would charge. I mentioned that it is brand new and would (most likely, I believe) NOT need all the paint correction, water spot removal, etc. prep that seems to cost as much as the coating itself. Any advice and/or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
A $40 gallon of Technician choice should last years. Ceramic coating is amazing water and dirt falls off. I cant comment on the professional stuff, but this stuff is amazing. Technicians Choice TEC582 Ceramic Detail Spray (1 Gallon) https://a.co/d/i4xN11f

mrjerry469

Black Diamond
First Name
JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK DIAMOND
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I purchased the home kit from Avalon king. A diy kit that has great reviews and YouTube testimonials. The cost is nothing compared to having a shop do it. If you have the ability to wash and wax a car, why not give that a try. There are several diy kits on the market. I’m just waiting on my wildtrak so I can get busy with it
I use the same product It looks great

Mushin

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a lot of people talking about having their Bronco done but I am pretty much dumb to the topic and want to get y'all's feedback on if it is worth it or not.
The first vehicle I got Ceramic Coated was my 2018 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE and the results were amazing! After that I told my self that from that point on I would get every vehicle I buy ceramic coated moving forward.

Recently I purchase my Bronco and as I type this post it is currently getting Ceramic Coating and undercarriage protection applied. As part of my vehicle "blog" I was also just typing up a blog article on the topic of ceramic coating at my website.

The only real down side for me is the cost but in the long run I do believe it is worth the cost. As soon as I get my Bronco back I will try to post Before and After pictures that are being taken by the shop.

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Next week I am getting my Bronco ceramic coated. They're doing everything including the glass, but not the wheels. It's supposed to last six years and will cost me $1,400-$1,500. Although I have a new set of wheels coming in soon and will ask to get them coated also so it'll actually cost slightly more.

The ceramic coat makes the car way easier to wash, helps protect the paint underneath, and helps to maintain a glossy look.

Unless you get some serious muck on your vehicle that sits there for a long time, most of the time you can just foam down the car and then spray it with a pressure washer and it'll be sparkly clean without doing anything else.

djp

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
djp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands 4dr || '21 Bronco Sport BigBend
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty much the thigh cream from the 90's. My mom used it but the kids still see the cottage cheese during the summers.

More info here: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-06-02-vl-64785-story.html
Sponsored