Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

which has a lifetime warranty.
I'd like to see the fine print on this, there's no way that any coating of any kind will last a "lifetime" unless they mean lifetime of the coating. Same goes for PPF, which will start to deteriorate after a couple years.

Ceramic is just a coating, not magic, and it will not ever last the lifetime of the vehicle. Unless they actually did come up with some magic.

Really curious what they mean by that warranty. The Adams graphene I'm gonna put on is supposed to last for something like 7 years (might say "up to") and a professional one might last a bit longer, but I can't imagine anyone giving a full lifetime warranty on any of these things. I'd be very surprised if there's not a bunch of escape clauses in that warranty.
Sponsored

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I see a lot of people talking about having their Bronco done but I am pretty much dumb to the topic and want to get y'all's feedback on if it is worth it or not. What are the pros, cons, upkeep, etc.? Just trying to see if it is worth the investment, especially since I have been quoted by a few places as to what they would charge. I mentioned that it is brand new and would (most likely, I believe) NOT need all the paint correction, water spot removal, etc. prep that seems to cost as much as the coating itself. Any advice and/or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Hi! I had mine professionally ceramic coated (with a five year warranty) a few weeks ago and LOVE it! I also had the windows, plastic, rims, and interior treated as well, and Iā€™m so glad I didā€¦ Since having it treated, itā€™s so much easier to clean, and makes my Oxford White look brighter and flawless even if itā€™s due to be washed. We are having a new garage built (with a ceiling lift for my hardtop!) and they just demoed our original one, so between my Wildtrak being out in the elements AND the dust bowl created from the demo, she still looks clean - I think the CC also helps inhibit particles from attaching themselves onto the truck. The company came to our house and spent all day here, so I really feel like it was money well spent for the time and effort - the whole package came to about $1,600.00 and that was with three people working on it for almost nine hours, and then they came back the next day to check on it, too. They also come wash her two to three times a month, which is great because I donā€™t have to worry about car washes messing her up - we donā€™t have any touchless ones where I live, so thatā€™s not an option. Bottom line is that I too went back and forth on the idea of ceramic coating, but with investing so much financially (and emotionally!) in her already, Iā€™d like to preserve her for as long as I can! They are also so hard to get, along with their parts and such, so Iā€™m trying to keep her very much intact as to not run into problems. Hope that helped!šŸ„°

SweetAndPetite

Raptor
First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor, 2015 Convertible Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I'd like to see the fine print on this, there's no way that any coating of any kind will last a "lifetime" unless they mean lifetime of the coating. Same goes for PPF, which will start to deteriorate after a couple years.

Ceramic is just a coating, not magic, and it will not ever last the lifetime of the vehicle. Unless they actually did come up with some magic.

Really curious what they mean by that warranty. The Adams graphene I'm gonna put on is supposed to last for something like 7 years (might say "up to") and a professional one might last a bit longer, but I can't imagine anyone giving a full lifetime warranty on any of these things. I'd be very surprised if there's not a bunch of escape clauses in that warranty.
Agreed. The company that installed mine used a product that has a five year warranty, which is great, but Iā€™m not expecting it to last that longā€¦ This is the first vehicle Iā€™ve had treated, and love it so far, but am realistic as to what it can and cannot do along with how long it will ā€œprotectā€ for.šŸ˜Š

Sponsored

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did ceramic on my GT350 because I was looking long term for resale but I don't think I would pay to do it again unless it was something really special limited number show car. Lets face it the Bronco fit and finish is terrible and it's an everyday driver... if you bought it for something else I believe you made a mistake. If you are really worried about it I would recommend PPF but again your putting 6k worth of vinyl on a shitty paint job with most likely imperfections already.

I plan to wax once a year with a good or best wax I can and use one of the spray on ceramic quick waxes when I have time and mostly had wash with a 2 bucket method with grit guard buckets. I will also only use touch less car wash during the winter months to get the salt and heavy dirt off without those car wash brushes adding to the fine scratches that comes with auto car washes.

It's a truck / off road vehicle I don't think there is a reason to get crazy but that's just me.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the Adams advanced graphene kit off Amazon for $150. Took 6 hours to do my 2 door inside and out by myself. Easy work. Itā€™s one of those products that makes life easier. Fixed all the discoloration on my top, flares, and interior. Keeps the crud on exhaust tips and rims from sticking. Rag doesnā€™t even get dirty washing them.
So the benefits for me are nice uniform finish on the vehicle, most dirt spray right off making it safer to hand wash, cuts washing time in half, no more wheel cleaner needed except on the brakes.Stays cleaner a lot longer. Bugs wipe right off.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I spoke with one of the body shops we deal with. He said in the beginning he thought it was a waste of time but over time he and the industry have start changing their ways of thinking. The problem on the other side of ceramic coatings. Body shops have more work to do when a vehicle comes in for repairs. Since there is a coating, issues blending in panels. Now the coating has to be stripped away before paint. Waiting on my Bronco to be built and delivered. I have everything ready to go for installing ceramic coating. Always maintained my vehicles with wax. So doing a ceramic coating or a wax step is about the same. I have a kit of Avalon King. Seem to be the easiest kit out there for DIY.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had great luck with all 3 of the products in this video. The Turtle Wax Seal and Shine is easy to find and very affordable and realistically should hold up for 15,000 miles in most climates.

How do these products do with mud removal? I was told that ceramic coating helps get the mud off pretty easily.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do these products do with mud removal? I was told that ceramic coating helps get the mud off pretty easily.
Any ceramic/graphene/SiO2 coating will make it easier to wash your vehicle. Iā€™d recommend a power washer with adjustable pressure and a foam gun such as one of these as well.

Ford Bronco HELP! Ceramic Coating. Worth it? 8CB08FEE-AED3-4483-9757-482A55F7E7D4

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any ceramic/graphene/SiO2 coating will make it easier to wash your vehicle. Iā€™d recommend a power washer with adjustable pressure and a foam gun such as one of these as well.

Ford Bronco HELP! Ceramic Coating. Worth it? 8CB08FEE-AED3-4483-9757-482A55F7E7D4
I have a pressure washer and a foam cannon, but I have vinyl wrap, so I can only use the pressure washer in the wheel wells to get the mud out. I use a foamer to wash it. Thanks for the info about the mud. I'm looking at the Avalon King product now.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So in my viewā€”even with a Raptor on orderā€”if you plan on using the Bronco as intended the concern should be protection from brush and branch pinstriping and rock chips.

In my experience a nice base of wax can be enough for the brush and branch scenario. How doesceramic do in this department?

So not sure if ceramic does as much in my concern as PPF. But I am worried PPF will reduce the highlights of Cyber Orange (which I know ceramic will help bring out).

Itā€™s a trade-off conundrumā€¦ šŸ¤”

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I used 303 Graphene nano coating and am happy with the result, although it will probably need to be redone in about 12 months. Prepped the surface with clay bar first, total time invested about 5 hours (2-door) and less than $40.

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3 Performance
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see a lot of people talking about having their Bronco done but I am pretty much dumb to the topic and want to get y'all's feedback on if it is worth it or not. What are the pros, cons, upkeep, etc.? Just trying to see if it is worth the investment, especially since I have been quoted by a few places as to what they would charge. I mentioned that it is brand new and would (most likely, I believe) NOT need all the paint correction, water spot removal, etc. prep that seems to cost as much as the coating itself. Any advice and/or experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Yes and no. I have it on the Tesla but I probably wouldn't get it in the Bronco. You have to used PH balanced soap and ONR spray for upkeep, but I can blow dry it with a electric blower.

I probably wouldn't do it again and just apply it myself with some of the more temporary solutions.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would suggest watching DYI videos and doing it yourself. The more difficult technique is polishing. But on a new vehicle it won't be as difficult as you think. Everything else is fairly straight forward. All in you can probably spend $300 on supplies and a half to full day works of work. I can't justify spending over $750 for it, when it's something I'm able to do myself.
Sponsored