Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Comment section is always the best:

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Lives Up to the Hype [C&D Review Updated With Test Results] 1660680884912

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Lives Up to the Hype [C&D Review Updated With Test Results] 1660680906909

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Lives Up to the Hype [C&D Review Updated With Test Results] 1660680993533
Sponsored

Just_Jim

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Jbd must be talking about the jeeps. Last Ram I rode in had dash squeaks before it's first oil change.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you're just rock crawling or mall crawling the Raptor is kind of a waste or may even under perform.

If you are going to do high speed desert, then jeep has nothing comparable.

Also interesting we got two new articles in the same day, maybe that is a sign the Raptors are going to ship soon.

JJBadlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Brap sounds like a rad machine and thanks for sharing the article but I must admit I dont even click on videos or articles about it that much anymore.

Here's why:

1. I like how my badlands looks more than Braptor.

2. Ford released the Bronco R (see pic) shortly before the Braptor. This ruined the Braptor release for me (along with the fenders and V6). Everyone wanted the Braptor to be the Bronco R. Period

So many people would've spent 100K for a Bronco R designed Braptor. But no. We got a fluffed up V6 Braptor with funny fenders and a couple standard goodies like 37s + ventilated seats from factory (which is very much appreciated). Then to top it off Ford made the real Bronco R extremely limited, way too expensive and not street legal. Just not cool.

Bottom line. The Braptor should've been designed to look AND perform like the Bronco R with BOTH boosted V8 AND N/A V8 options. Plus have manual transmission and auto transmission options available as well.

When Ford puts a V8 in a Bronco and designs it similar to the Bronco R model--and more importantly its made available to anyone that wants to special order it without ADM...I will be adding it to my garage asap. So will most current and future bronco owner enthusiast. Followed by a new sweet EV Bronco. I would love to have all 3 models (2.3 MT BL, Bronco R, Bronco EV).

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Lives Up to the Hype [C&D Review Updated With Test Results] 20220816_135344

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, IFS is better than solid axle for driving. But if I’m paying that much money I’m taking the 392. I had it in my challenger and I would never take a 6 cylinder turbo over it if given the choice.
Not to be that person. But dude, you drive a Subaru. And if you want a Jeep, I guess go get one. Because you do have a choice to not be here.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not to be that person. But dude, you drive a Subaru. And if you want a Jeep, I guess go get one. Because you do have a choice to not be here.
Not to be that person. But dude, I don’t drive a Subaru, I drive a Jeep. I also don’t need to explain to you my thoughts or reasons for being here so if you don’t know and are too lazy to ask…don’t assume. But thanks for your thoughts!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Figuring ford went a little loose on the torque management on these. Nerfed the normals to make the raptor look more impressive. Bet a 2.7 2 door with minimal mods and no management would turn high 13’s.
No, the 2 door 2.7 isn't quite that fast.

I have a 2 door OBX 2.7 which weighs 4610 lbs. While it is not slow, it's mid-14's at best.

As far as the Raptor goes...

First add 0.3 seconds to all the times below.

C/D TEST RESULTS
60 mph: 5.6 sec
1/4-Mile: 14.4 sec @ 94 mph
100 mph: 16.5 sec
110 mph: 22.3 sec

Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec

REAL TEST RESULTS

60 mph: 5.9 sec
1/4-Mile: 14.7 sec @ 94 mph
100 mph: 16.8 sec
110 mph: 22.6 sec
Results above DON'T omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec

Back to the 2.7:

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco Raptor Lives Up to the Hype [C&D Review Updated With Test Results] Screenshot_2022-08-17-03-30-09-446

FWIW, I have a Flowmaster High Clearance Axle Back exhaust, which probably dropped 30# and added 1 or 2 HP. It's still not a 13 second ride.

With a tune and 1st gear not nerfed, it would be faster, but high 13's? It would be possible, but still a reach.

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

[QUOTE="mpeugeot, post: 1547770, member: 21696"
With a tune and 1st gear not nerfed, it would be faster, but high 13's? It would be possible, but still a reach.
[/QUOTE]
That’s some good info!

Slight mods being around 400-430 crank horse. But like you said. In theory it may be possible but in real life you’d be lucky to send a 2 door straight with traction. I know mine trips the tc in 2nd thru 4th and she’s scetchy as hell if not in a straight line. I can understand why we have no 2 door braptor. It’s just not safe but man it’s fun.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

T Copp

Raptor
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mercedes GLB
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Its twice the price of a Base Bronco with Sasquatch, a much smarter decision unless money is really no object.
GT500 is more than twice the price of a basic GT. Same logic.
Sponsored