Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why are all the things I wish were YouTube videos done as write up’s instead and all the things I wish were NOT YouTube videos became one.
Good write up. 😁
Sponsored

Stick in the Mud

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No doubt the Bronco is vastly superior for everyday driving which is what most of us Bronco and Jeep owners for at least 80% of our miles.

In the next few years I could see Jeep finally offering an independent front suspension as standard and keeping the solid font axle for the Rubicon and offering it as an option on their other models. The hard core Jeepers will cry foul but it’s the smart thing for their marketing department to do.

If the Jeep offered road manners even 70% as good as the Bronco’s, I would have ditched my 7/20/20 reservation a long time ago.
They are both purpose built vehicles. The Bronco is a great daily driver and long trip car also capable of going off road. The Rubicon is a dedicated off roader good for shorter trips on road. I have a 392 on order and have much less concern about taking it off road than I do my wife’s Badlands. It’s smaller, nimble, much less likely to get pin striped, not going to get stuck on pretty basic mud or rock terrain (as I’ve seen many Broncos get), and has a lower center of gravity. If you need creature comforts, you’re going to trade off some of the capabilities you get with a wrangler. If you want something capable of extreme off roading (or just with fewer issues), you’re going to trade out the roomier cabin and cushy seats. It’s ok to own a Bronco and still recognize a Rubicon as more capable. Most Bronco owners aren’t willing to trade the comfort though, but Ford has made it clear they’re also targeting on-road drivers with their IFS etc.

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are both purpose built vehicles. The Bronco is a great daily driver and long trip car also capable of going off road. The Rubicon is a dedicated off roader good for shorter trips on road. I have a 392 on order and have much less concern about taking it off road than I do my wife’s Badlands. It’s smaller, nimble, much less likely to get pin striped, not going to get stuck on pretty basic mud or rock terrain (as I’ve seen many Broncos get), and has a lower center of gravity. If you need creature comforts, you’re going to trade off some of the capabilities you get with a wrangler. If you want something capable of extreme off roading (or just with fewer issues), you’re going to trade out the roomier cabin and cushy seats. It’s ok to own a Bronco and still recognize a Rubicon as more capable. Most Bronco owners aren’t willing to trade the comfort though, but Ford has made it clear they’re also targeting on-road drivers with their IFS etc.
Many of the Jeeps around here, including Rubicons, see the majority of their miles on-road and for 90% of the off-roading here in MN and WI, a base Jeep or Bronco is all you need. There are 4 Rubicons and 5 Broncos in the senior parking lot at my daughters high school(118 students in the senior class and not all drive to school). I’m pretty sure that most of them have never seen anything more severe than a tall curb or a snow packed road, lol.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Many of the Jeeps around here, including Rubicons, see the majority of their miles on-road and for 90% of the off-roading here in MN and WI, a base Jeep or Bronco is all you need. There are 4 Rubicons and 5 Broncos in the senior parking lot at my daughters high school(118 students in the senior class and not all drive to school). I’m pretty sure that most of them have never seen anything more severe than a tall curb or a snow packed road, lol.
Amen. There's so much silly play acting with these vehicles. Also they are not nearly as different as some folks claim. Glad both exist.

Hopefully in 2028 Jeep doesn't cow to the pavement crowd with a redesign. Ford and Jeep marketing just need to keep selling these dudes on the idea they are having some grand adventure with their lockers locked headed to Walmart, lol.
Sponsored