Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My wife has a Land Rover Defender. I really can't wait to compare my Wildtrak with the lux to hers, if I ever actually get it. 886 days and counting....

OP
OP

Scout6g

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised you didn’t mention the audio quality between the two. I honestly can’t believe B&O would put their logo on something which sounds so truly pathetic. I’ve ridden in 10 cent Hyundai rental cars with better audio than my $60k+ Lux Bronco.

Alpine’s setup in the Wrangler is amazing for an OEM. Punchy base, clarity on the mids and highs — the way it’s supposed to be.

Other than that…. I love it. But audio is getting upgraded as soon as I find a good option which preserves all functionality of the car, and doesn’t require drilling holes all over.
Agreed. Forgot to mention that, It's soooo much worse than the Jeep. I've already ordered everything on this post except the sub and amp.
https://www.bronco6g.com/bo-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-âś…/. Not gonna bother with the sub, I'm sure it'll sound better with the new setup but we really shouldn't have to upgrade their top of the line audio system.

Donkeygyrl

Base
First Name
Sheri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I concur with your findings, get the flowmaster outlaw exhaust and vent wastewater to atmosphere.

Sponsored

skidsteer

Base
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT crew w/2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Between my wife and I, we have had Wranglers pretty much non stop since 1997. I'm a big fan. I've never owned a Ford but always loved the look of the vintage Broncos so after the new Bronco came out I ordered one mostly because they look awesome. Much better looking than the Wrangler in my opinion. My wife just got a new Wrangler too but as a Jeep fan, consider me impressed with the Bronco. Here's my decidedly non-technical impression of the comparison of the two.

Specs:

'22 Bronco 2dr Manual Sasquatch Badlands Lux in Area 51 (2.3L)
'22 Wrangler 4 door Automatic Sahara in Gobi (2.0L 4 cyl turbo)
Basically the same price.

Much has been written about the improvement in steering over the Wrangler's solid front axle but it's like night and day. The Bronco's steering just feels more carlike but with a little more feedback and resistance. Also, you're not constantly correcting to keep on center like you do on the Wrangler. I'll likely do some light off roading but the rock crawling nuances between the two are a non factor for me.

The Bronco is just... bigger. Part of this is no doubt because of the Sasquatch package but it also seems wider and feels roomier in the front seats. I rented a Rubicon once and the ride was way too stiff and handling was just brutal. Not so with the Sasquatch.

The max spec infotainment screens are much bigger on the Bronco which makes the interior look and feel nicer. I like the rest of the interior of the Bronco better than the Wrangler with the exception of the Atari-esque speedo/tach on the Bronco.

The seats are more comfortable than the Wrangler and the vinyl wetsuit-like material is really cool. (I prefer leather but I've had varying luck with leather getting the crow's feet effect after a few years so that's initially why I picked vinyl.)

The clutch and shifting in the manual are like butter. Just perfect. I'm THAT guy - the guy that wouldn't consider buying a Jeep or Bronco for myself with an automatic, but I get that most people prefer automatics and that's okay!

The suspension and ride are firmer in the Bronco but that's not a fair comparison because our Wrangler isn't a Rubicon and the 2dr has a shorter wheelbase than the Wrangler, but by no means is there a big difference between the two.

I was afraid the Sasquatch might look a little monster-trucky but the 2 door looks perfectly proportioned, chunky but awesome. Not throwing shade if your personal preference is a 4 door, I get it, the 2 door is not so practical but if you loved the vintage Broncos you'll love the way the 2dr looks more in person than in pictures.

Another pleasant surprise believe it or not was the engine sound. With the manual my only choice was the 4 cyl. Two recent vehicles of mine were an SRT8 and a Hellcat so I was absolutely dreading the sound of the 4 cyl, especially since the Wrangler 2.0L turbo sounds like a whistling electric knife. The Bronco somehow sounds ok, with a tiny hint of throatiness. I wouldn't say it sounds great but it sounds better than any 4cyl I've ever heard.

I can't compare power because I'm going to be nice to the engine for the first 500 miles but the Bronco feels a little porky for the 4cyl powerplant. I'm adding the Ford Performance Calibration so I expect that will make performance on par with the Jeep and the 2.7L. I didn't buy a race car. Recommendation: save some dough and get the 4 cyl with the tune instead of the 6.

Last but not least, obviously, dealing with Ford has been a nightmare which is not the case with Jeep. My Bronco took 14 months to get. They're on day 5 of trying to pull off the tune (accidentally ordered the 2.7, reordered the 2.3, couldn't unlock it, website currently down, no ETA, blah blah blah.) They also delivered it with a dent so they had to do bodywork and repaint a door. I had it for a day and it's been back at the dealer for a week+. Not a good first impression with quality and service.

And of course my wife is a dedicated Jeep fan so she never tires of telling me what Ford stands for (Found On the Road Dead, F**cker Only Runs Downhill, etc.) But I can deal with that, knowing I have the superior ride!

Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco vs. 2022 Wrangler impression after Day 1 IMG_6387.MOV
Basically > Had a Jeep (Liked to for what it was!/Mechanically Excellent/routine maintenance for the 78,000 miles we owned it). Now, '22 base 2dr Bronco, 2.3/stick > 1,500mi+ so far=Love It (for what it is.....not a Jeep.....we didn't expect it to be). Merry Christmas & Best Wishes. Our is same color.....

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did too for 900 miles, until I figured out a couple of days ago that I could lower the driver's seat. LOL! The thing came from the factory cranked up to full height.
or don’t pull all the way up to the stop line. I always hang back at least 5’

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wrangler owner, but huge Bronco fan, interested in ordering. Wondering if anyone could compare the ordering/dealership aspect for Bronco vs Wrangler.
On the Wrangler forums there is a spreadsheet of dozens of dealers across the US who offer up to 6% or so under invoice / 10% under sticker, still in this market. I picked up mine 1.5 years ago for about 8% under invoice. The process was ridiculously easy, no haggling, don't have to know anyone, just call them up and that's the price you get.
I'm curious to see if anything similar exists for Bronco?

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wrangler owner, but huge Bronco fan, interested in ordering. Wondering if anyone could compare the ordering/dealership aspect for Bronco vs Wrangler.
On the Wrangler forums there is a spreadsheet of dozens of dealers across the US who offer up to 6% or so under invoice / 10% under sticker, still in this market. I picked up mine 1.5 years ago for about 8% under invoice. The process was ridiculously easy, no haggling, don't have to know anyone, just call them up and that's the price you get.
I'm curious to see if anything similar exists for Bronco?
No, nothing like that exists here because nothing like that exists for the Bronco. Granger, SAC, and Chapman have been the main ones offering below invoice but you won’t see one for years even if they open up the order banks.

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No, nothing like that exists here because nothing like that exists for the Bronco. Granger, SAC, and Chapman have been the main ones offering below invoice but you won’t see one for years even if they open up the order banks.
Ah ok figured so much. I don't see anyone really don't this in todays market besides FCA. I don't understand how and why some Jeep dealers offer 10% under while others charge 10% over MSRP.

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ah ok figured so much. I don't see anyone really don't this in todays market besides FCA. I don't understand how and why some Jeep dealers offer 10% under while others charge 10% over MSRP.
It’s one of the reasons Granger, SAC, and Chapman all still have early reservations still to get vins as they were offering below invoice. But at the time, it was supposed to be filled based on reservation date, not allocations. Then, well, things changed and there we sit.

Last edited:

sk00pie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It’s one of the reasons Granger, SAC, and Chapman all still have early reservations still to get vins as they were offering below invoice. But at the time, it was supposed to be filled based on reservation date, not allocations. Then, we’ll, things changed and there we sit.
Ah makes sense thanks. I was speaking more so about Jeep/Doge contiuning to offer these huge discounts making no sense at all too. Hopefully some day will add a 2 Door Bronco in some sort of vintage color to my fleet!

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco vs. 2022 Wrangler impression after Day 1 5898CF13-1C9E-49D1-94CB-C6825B4927B8

I got impatient waiting for my Bronco (Badlands, Sasquatch, hard top, trlr tow, high package). I ended up buying a new JL 4 door High Tide jeep with the Extreme Recon 35” tire package. (MSRP) I wanted to get off road NOW!

And I really like this vehicle. Real parking brake, real tachometer. V6 without turbo (hello 87 octane fuel). And it comes in a bright happy color.

I initially thought I’d trade this in when the Bronco finally arrives. But hell no. I’m keeping the Jeep. I really love this vehicle. I’m transferring the Bronco order to my son and his wife. They are thrilled. Bronco should be here next month.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 2022 Bronco vs. 2022 Wrangler impression after Day 1 5898CF13-1C9E-49D1-94CB-C6825B4927B8

I got impatient waiting for my Bronco (Badlands, Sasquatch, hard top, trlr tow, high package). I ended up buying a new JL 4 door High Tide jeep with the Extreme Recon 35” tire package. (MSRP) I wanted to get off road NOW!

And I really like this vehicle. Real parking brake, real tachometer. V6 without turbo (hello 87 octane fuel). And it comes in a bright happy color.

I initially thought I’d trade this in when the Bronco finally arrives. But hell no. I’m keeping the Jeep. I really love yhis vehicle. I’m transferring the Bronco order to my son and his wife. They are thrilled. Bronco should be here next month.
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Bronco runs just fine on 87, even with the twin turbo V6.

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hate to burst your bubble, but the Bronco runs just fine on 87, even with the twin turbo V6.
Yes but...

From the Bronco Owners guide: (Page 167)
Your vehicle operates on regular unleaded gasoline with a minimum pump (R+M)/2
octane rating of 87. ...

For best overall vehicle and engine performance, premium fuel with an octane rating of 91 or higher is recommended. The performance gained by using premium fuel is most noticeable in hot weather as well as other conditions, for example when towing a trailer. See Towing a Trailer

Yes, but. Had you said "the Bronco runs just OKAY on 87", I'd agree with you. And no way are you going to get that great High Velocity Yellow color I have on my Jeep (Including painted top to match).
Sponsored