Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wow, I know it's only knobs but it would have been nice if Ford just pointed out the fact that it changed for MY22. They could have gotten their marketing to spin it as something positive, we will have a smaller carbon footprint with these knobs or something. But I do tend to agree that it does make the Bronco look more downmarket. At least I won't be surprised when I finally take delivery of my '22. Hopefully moving up to a 12" screen from the 8" screen on my '21 will make me forget.
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m having trouble with my sarcasm meter in this thread. I canā€™t tell if some of you are joking or if youā€™re really losing your shit over the knobs.

Now that it has been pointed out and weā€™ve seen side by side pictures, 22 definitely looks like a downgrade, but in all honesty, I would never Even notice if I hadnā€™t read this thread.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Slide bar to right, warm. Slide bar to the left, cool*. Slide the other bar to direct the cool/warm air to where you want to go.*
Get over it folks, If you're too cold, use the heater coil. If you want it
cool, don't...

s-l300.jpg

* After 60 years the cables may wear out...

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"All prices, specifications and equipment are subject to change without notice."

šŸ„“

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m having trouble with my sarcasm meter in this thread. I canā€™t tell if some of you are joking or if youā€™re really losing your shit over the knobs.

Now that it has been pointed out and weā€™ve seen side by side pictures, 22 definitely looks like a downgrade, but in all honesty, I would never Even notice if I hadnā€™t read this thread.
You would if you were coming from a '21 that had it.

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Slide bar to right, warm. Slide bar to the left, cool*. Slide the other bar to direct the cool/warm air to where you want to go.*
Get over it folks, If you're too cold, use the heater coil. If you want it
cool, don't...

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs s-l300

* After 60 years the cables may wear out...
At least it has a chrome finish! :ROFLMAO:

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got my 2021 badlands. I saw this little digital feature and it alone helped me select the high package and the 12"screen. When the wife got in I used it to bug her that the bronco had cooler shit than her Audi. Well that didn't work and she just rolled her eyes at me... But it made me feel a little better. Lol
So yeah that makes me ducking mad for 2022 people.

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs Screenshot_20220118-055746_Instagram

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Apparently some of you haven't seen what GM has been doing. Cutting out heated seats, wireless chargers, backup sensors and not just base model vehicles either. Everyone is working through these supply chain issues best they can. Does it suck? Yes! What can we do about it? Nothing šŸ¤·

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. I canā€™t believe thereā€™s people actually upset about this. I mean I guess I shouldnā€™t be surprised, this forum is probably the most negative enthusiast forum Iā€™ve ever been a part of.
There would be 90% fewer complaints on this forum if Ford built them in the priority they said they would... and could do first-world quality control on the components from its suppliers (talking about you, Webasto).

In fact, the huge desirability of the Bronco is why people with unfulfilled early reservations are so vitriolic in their criticism.

Having a place to vent... on a forum with people "who get it"... rather than your family or coworkers who don't give a damn is cathartic. Thanks B6G.

To dump on this forum as "negative" is not a reflection of its members, but the situation they are in... through no fault of their own. Most of this forum is people helping each other navigate through the shit-storm.

The negativity about the product itself (like this thread) is the vast minority of the content.

Kudos to the design team and the engineers. They delivered above and beyond.

The crap people are complaining about should be easy fixes, but Ford leadership and management have been the huge failures in the launch of a game-changing vehicle.

Many dealerships have been outright unethical... some criminal... and very few have been transparent. No doubt in my mind that Fomoco is tolerant of... if not complicit in... most of that.

Thank God these clowns didn't lead the Mustang launch in '64. They built and sold a million Mustangs in just over two years... and that was 5 years before we put a man on the moon. Pandemic or not, shouldn't we be better at this almost 60 years later?

Shameful.

(but still no way in hell I'm canceling)

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Apparently some of you haven't seen what GM has been doing. Cutting out heated seats, wireless chargers, backup sensors and not just base model vehicles either. Everyone is working through these supply chain issues best they can. Does it suck? Yes! What can we do about it? Nothing šŸ¤·
I get that it might be a supply chain issue and if that helps get Broncos out faster than so be it but my complaint was tell us, be upfront. I have a mid package on my '21 and a lux package on my '22, I'm sure if I had gotten in the truck without knowing and looked at the controls my first thought would have been WTF, they must have made a mistake!

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Air conditioning...

1642746701010.jpeg

Luxury...
šŸ˜
... and a 4 speed... and disc brakes... and a rally pac... and a console...

... I wonder if Ford bumped him from a 64 1/2... to a '65... to a '66 because of an a/c knob shortage? šŸ¤”

... looks like he must have dropped the constraint from his order to get selected for a build date... by the horizontal vents, that's an aftermarket Old Air Products Hurricane system... probably had to go with a soft top, too... lol

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone noticing that the MY22 Broncos are missing the temperature on the knob? Shoutout to @BroncoBoi for finding this.

View attachment 249157

Versus MY21 for reference

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs Screenshot_20220118-055746_Instagram
Have you considered adding an option:

šŸ”˜ MY22: YES
šŸ”˜ MY22: NO
šŸ”˜ MY22: PLEASE WAIT FOR THE CHIPS AND DELAY MY BRONCO EVEN LONGER

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine was on the line at the same time with the last of the 21s. Maybe Iā€™ll get lucky and they tried to use up the leftover old parts. šŸ¤ž I donā€™t know if I can show my face in a bronco with the cheap knobs.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I get that it might be a supply chain issue and if that helps get Broncos out faster than so be it but my complaint was tell us, be upfront. I have a mid package on my '21 and a lux package on my '22, I'm sure if I had gotten in the truck without knowing and looked at the controls my first thought would have been WTF, they must have made a mistake!
Understood, they (GM) have been very transparent about it. Communication is definitely lacking from Ford throughout this rollout. Hoping it would be getting better by now.
Sponsored