Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
F150s in 2022 don’t have them either. Ford is not screwing the bronco community.

My biggest problem with it is that it looks like the HVAC controls in an econo car. The interior already looks cheap, the digital temp displays were one of the few things that helped it look somewhat decent. Even the manual controls in my F150 have little indicator LEDs.
Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That sucks bad. An annoyance for sure. They should take money off if they are having to cut things.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The irony … there are folks here who did not want a 2021 delivered in 2022. I bet they want their 2021 now no matter when it was delivered.

That's fucked. I would be legitimately pissed. The temp knobs displaying numbers is one of the few things that helps class up the interior

Never woulda thought I'd want a '22 LESS, but here we are. Way to fall, Ford.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can someone show a pic of how the temps show up? Especially whith the driver and passenger set differently.

I'm pissed as well.

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hopefully someone does a full comparison of 21 vs 22 soon to see what, if anything, else has changed. I guess we could do that through pictures and whatnot. Unless @Ford Motor Company wants to give us a nice little list of changes or something idk

Last edited:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After reading this, I had to remind myself that this is a thread about fucking knobs...knobs. That we are taking about an off road recreational vehicle, not life saving medicine. A fun, doors-off, top-off vehicle, not a ponzi scheme where life savings are at risk.
Read between the lines. The frustration is about Ford pulling sneaky shit once again and not telling us the differences.

We have spent 500+ days trying to learn everything about the Bronco, despite Ford not telling us anything.

And to find out that 2022 are getting sway bars, redesigned engines, and different interior components.... All without any mention of it is BS.

As a matter of fact, the only thing I've heard Ford say about 2022 is the paint colors and the door handles.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone show a pic of how the temps show up? Especially whith the driver and passenger set differently.

I'm pissed as well.
Back on page 2, @LadyBronco posted a screenshot with the two temperatures displayed at the top of the infotainment screen.
1642734271738-jpeg.jpg

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You want them to notify you, or a press release maybe, that they removed an indicator light on a knob between model years 21 to year 22?
No. But they shouldn't keep showing 2021 pictures on the 2022 Build and Price of the chrome knobs with temp displays and colored enamel accents.

That isn't that different than ordering an OuterBanks because you love the blue and gray cloth upholstery and Ford still showed it in B&P as two-color, but they start delivering them with solid blue. Or it was still blue and gray, but they stopped doing the beautiful ridges.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same on the Bronco Sport. Temp display is now on the dash.

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Read between the lines. The frustration is about Ford pulling sneaky shit once again and not telling us the differences.

We have spent 500+ days trying to learn everything about the Bronco, despite Ford not telling us anything.

And to find out that 2022 are getting sway bars, redesigned engines, and different interior components.... All without any mention of it is BS.

As a matter of fact, the only thing I've heard Ford say about 2022 is the paint colors and the door handles.
It's a brand new vehicle...you don't think there are going to be changes/improvements as model years progress?

Since this is also happening on F-150's, I would bet dollars-to-donuts that this is a change to reduce the need for chips. I would be willing to bet the functionality of the knob is no different...just doesn't have the data being sent to it.

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is pretty typical behavior from Ford. They did the same thing with the G2 Raptor from the ‘17 to ‘18 model years by eliminating the multicolor interior accent lighting that allowed you to select individual colors. It was available on the 17 and nixed on the 18, to the dismay of many.
With this and the 22’ Wildtrak losing it’s painted mirror caps and door handles, Ford is definitely cutting corners on a $60k vehicle.
They DID add painted keyless entry, which makes even less aesthetic sense now, due to the Wildtrak losing the painted door handles. But then again, this is the colorblind company putting non-matching blue interior trim as a standard, regardless of exterior color.

Denny3297

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acadia, Ranger, Fusion, E450 motorhome, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Be glad you all are getting the '22 model. I just got word that the '23 is going to strip even more basic parts. Here is a sneak peak of how the '23s will be arriving, see if you can find what is missing:

Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 1642734271738-jpe
Squirell moment: this post made me think, how cool would it be if they sold it like this for people to build their badass offroad machines off of. Like a starting block? Make it into a buggy, Baja racer, wherever you want to go from this point.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, they're classic for this crap! They always do it...
😡
Multiple manufacturers are dropping certain Items. GM has dropped seat heaters in some models.
Now that would suck. Even certain things are no longer available in the new Vette!
It's not always Fords fault.
Sponsored