Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters
OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So it’s not unannounced like so many are complaining about….
Well, in a way it is. They didn’t announce it as one of the changes for MY22. They just sort of did it. They at least documented it. :LOL:

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have never seen a car manufacturer release a new MY changelog.
They usually release the info in a press release when the new model year is announced. Not every change makes the list, but there is a list. This probably would not make the list.

Sponsored

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please tell me you don’t actually think rubber bands are holding the sway bar in.
Please tell me you don't realize they are...lol.

No it was a funny observation made by someone in the giant thread about the surprise rear swaybar that has appeared on some MY22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please tell me you don't realize they are...lol.

No it was a funny observation made by someone in the giant thread about the surprise rear swaybar that has appeared on some MY22
I’m the one who took and posted the original picture. I questioned you because someone in that thread commented on it as if it was a real quality concern.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet it has to do with chip shortage.
Same issue on a new 2022 Silverado 1500 I took delivery of for work this week. Chevy is giving a $50 discount on the order, there is a line item on the order sheet.

Cold_steel

Badlands
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs 6E67A623-86AA-4096-B194-DDA7DA6489FF

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
68° normally. It still does it with it set even lower than that. 😖
But how cold is it outside. Should be slowing once it achieves the temp

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh please. If you stock 6 different interiors and 6 different wheels anyway, you'll never convince me that it costs more to put them on one car vs. another .

Even if it does, just build it into the option price to cover the cost.

Packages, limits, and trim tiers are nothing but a money grab.
It's about the cost for "piece price" when there are MORE PARTS that are different. Again, most people on here do not understand how tooling costs/piece price figures in to the cost of the vehicle over time. Adding complexity to the ILVS system IS expensive. Period.

EDIT: It's also obvious that most people on here don't understand how JUST IN TIME (JIT) production/delivery/assembly works. Parts are NOT stockpiled at the final assembly plant like they use to be 4 decades ago. They are meticulously coordinated between the OEM and full service supplier to stream into the plant in a SEQUENCE, and come together with other sequenced assemblies. Interior Trim is the most complex in the vehicle and needs this more than most other commodities. I know- I'm an interior trim engineer in the automotive field.

Final assembly plants don't stock parts like dealership service center warehouses do LOL

Last edited:

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's about the COST for PIECE PRICE when there are MORE PARTS that are different. Again, most people on here do not understand how tooling costs/piece price figures in to the cost of the vehicle over time. Adding complexity to the ILVS system IS expensive. Period.

EDIT: It's also obvious that most people on here don't understand how JUST IN TIME (JIT) production/delivery/assembly works. Parts are NOT stockpiled at the final assembly plant like they use to be 4 decades ago. They are meticulously coordinated between the OEM and full service supplier to stream into the plant in a SEQUENCE, and come together with other sequenced assemblies. Interior Trim is the most complex in the vehicle and needs this more than most other commodities. I know- I'm an interior trim engineer in the automotive field.

Final assembly plants don't stock parts like dealership service center warehouses do LOL
This conversation brings back memories working for Ford in the 70,80's...My plant was in northern NJ...at one point we were building the large LTD's..2 dr..4dr..and SW...multiple engines,including the huge 460...we were offering like 7 colors for the interior....headliners,seats and dashboards,carpets....(bla..wh..red..blu..grn..tan..and crm..maybe one or two more...with vinyl roof colors to match each interior....I worked many trim jobs...hard work everyday..but it was a great job..( I do remember the whole plant was shut down for a week with pay..the A/C manufacturer had problems)..

Kholding

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sorry if I missed it in the previous 26 pages, but are the digital temp knobs gone on all packages or just the lower ones? Thanks.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That really sucks. I guess they are adding a bar at the top of the screen when using car play to accommodate the setting display, then?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man it's ban central in here.

I'm sorry if I missed it in the previous 26 pages, but are the digital temp knobs gone on all packages or just the lower ones? Thanks.
All trims.
Sponsored