Sponsored

Does your dual AC Bronco have temperature numbers on the knob?

• Total voters

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've owned 7 Ford vehicles, all with manual transmissions and none had a tachometer. The Bronco will be my 8th Ford with a manual transmission and no tach :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Same with the temperature knobs. All were analog and some with color coding. Finally figured out blue meant cold and red meant Luke warm. :cool: Left was cold and right was warm.
In all seriousness, I do (did) like the automatic temperature setting being digital and in the knob, but Iā€™ll get over it. Iā€™d just like to get my Bronco while they still have knobs to turn and not voice activated!

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whether you want the knobs to display the temperature or not
Absolutely. The Bronco would have been the perfect candidate for Ć  la carte ordering, and some packages that make actual sense.

~Sasquatch is a fine package option. Good job there.
~Pick your favorite wheels of those available
~Pick your seats, cloth, vinyl, leather, 2 color choices each
~Carpet or rubber floors
~Color match body trim package
~Cold weather package (seats, mirrors, wheel)
~Technology package (all that tech BS)
~Rack, rails, steps, towing should all be available separately
~Choose your bumpers, mix and match front and rear.
~Locking diffs optional on any vehicle (w/o Sasquatch)
~Any trans w/ any engine
~Sound system upgrade

What did I miss?
The one downside of this for Ford (and all of us who enjoyed countless hours trying to game-out the B&P) is that the trim levels would be irrelevant if everything were a la carte. Who would bother with getting a WIldtrak if you could buy a Base and add the options?

A Badlands becomes special for the segment that can afford it (not me). The Base makes it accessible, and viable for mass-production.

My BIgBender has temp display - so nothing else really matters to me

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it is awesome to have the temp in the knob. After I start up with hand resting on shifter I adjust the temp before even starting out. Hardly never adjust it again while underway. Plus passenger benefit for two zone, which most here havenā€™t mentioned- passenger doesnā€™t have to search the screen. Have had it in my Audis for years, and itā€™s a great feature.

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Donā€™t feel bad. My 2021 doesnā€™t show the temps, šŸ˜†

Donā€™t have to worry about that shit when you get the peasant base model. Lol.

But that would bother the hell out of me!!!
Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs B33C2DF9-51B8-47AE-AF9A-99BA777573A6

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Same with the temperature knobs. All were analog and some with color coding. Finally figured out blue meant cold and red meant Luke warm. :cool: Left was cold and right was warm.
In all seriousness, I do (did) like the automatic temperature setting being digital and in the knob, but Iā€™ll get over it. Iā€™d just like to get my Bronco while they still have knobs to turn and not voice activated!
My fancy 2006 BMW 325i* (i.e. stripper trim level) has dual climate as standard equipment. The temperature control knobs have no digital readout, but rather push switches for "Auto" (function) and "Rest" (function)**. The temp readouts for each side are in a separate little screen between the knobs. The knobs toggle left or right in 1-degree temp change increments (blue-to-red). In "auto" mode the HVAC system stays at the last temperature set. Through the 15 years I've used the system, I've generally kept the temperature at 69 degrees and let the "Auto" automatically control cabin temperature; er... which is the purpose of it being a-u-t-o-m-a-t-i-c. So in reality, how many times are the up-level trim Bronco owners really going to need to see the temperature setting? Is this really THAT big of a deal?

* its MSRP was $46.5K in 2021 dollars. ** the rest function is neat. Because the engine has an electric waterpump, you can run the cabin heater for about 20 minutes without needing to idle the engine or even have the ACC ignition on.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My fancy 2006 BMW 325i* (i.e. stripper trim level) has dual climate as standard equipment. The temperature control knobs have no digital readout, but rather push switches for "Auto" (function) and "Rest" (function)**. The temp readouts for each side are in a separate little screen between the knobs. The knobs toggle left or right in 1-degree temp change increments (blue-to-red). In "auto" mode the HVAC system stays at the last temperature set. Through the 15 years I've used the system, I've generally kept the temperature at 69 degrees and let the "Auto" automatically control cabin temperature; er... which is the purpose of it being a-u-t-o-m-a-t-i-c. So in reality, how many times are the up-level trim Bronco owners really going to need to see the temperature setting? Is this really THAT big of a deal?

* its MSRP was $46.5K in 2021 dollars. ** the rest function is neat. Because the engine has an electric waterpump, you can run the cabin heater for about 20 minutes without needing to idle the engine or even have the ACC ignition on.
Agreed, I like the automatic feature and the dual feature as the Lexus has it and the HRV has the automatic as well. The Escape is old school analog and for a daily driver itā€™s just fine. The Lexus is the long distance Car and I say having it dual and automatic is the key. Setting it and forgetting it is the point. Iā€™m just older so I like it warmer than you! Youā€™ll find out some day!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Is the stripper trim the one with elastic strips for holding dollar bills for the turnpike? (Before ez pass)

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Donā€™t feel bad. My 2021 doesnā€™t show the temps, šŸ˜†

Donā€™t have to worry about that shit when you get the peasant base model. Lol.

But that would bother the hell out of me!!!
Ford Bronco 2022 Broncos No Longer Have Temperature Setting Displayed on Control Knobs B33C2DF9-51B8-47AE-AF9A-99BA777573A6
I see we have the same taste in XM station there. Fine choice, fine choice indeed.
May I suggest also Lithium as a backup for when they play Rammstein or SOAD for the 5th time in any given day?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So when the chip shortage relaxes in say, 2023 or 2024, and Ford brings back the digital temp knobs on the Fords due to popular demand- Will these 22's be labeled Chip-stripped Broncos??!?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So when the chip shortage relaxes in say, 2023 or 2024, and Ford brings back the digital temp knobs on the Fords due to popular demand- Will these 22's be labeled Chip-stripped Broncos??!?
Yes, they will be Covid broncos

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

someone did mention that his 2021 bronco did have ambient lighting in the footwell. If this is true then I bet it is gone in 2022.
Yeah, me again. I have the high package. Not lux. I meant to get a pic or the knobs and ambient footwell lighting last night. But forgot. Mind you I did say I had the metal rings in the knobs... Which isn't entirely true. The black chrome looking rings are on the inside. Not the outer edge of the rubber knob. šŸ˜¬šŸ™‚

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

60k is the new 40k.
Sure is. Paycheck sure doesnā€™t trend upward like prices do. I am pretty fortunate, people making $30k-50k a year have to be a Jedi with budgeting.
Sponsored