TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I, like a lot of people, was disappointed with the color options available for 2021, frankly it seemed like Cyber Orange Metallic was the only interesting color Ford managed to include, which is why it was used so heavily on promotional prototypes. I ended up canceling my reservation over it in the hopes that Ford expands the color palette like they do with the Mustang in the next few years. I recall someone saying that with only 11 Colors available, that Ford would likely be limited to that number in having to replace colors instead of just add them. So with that in mind, here's the 11 Colors I'd like to see from Ford for the Bronco, rendered on a quick little model rather than a bunch of Jerry Cans. For the sake of realism, I tried to include as many existing Ford paints as possible rather than go crazy with the color wheel.

1. Race Red
Already on the Bronco, but it's a good standard gloss red that every sporty vehicle needs, I like it a hell of a lot more than Rapid Red so hopefully it's here to stay.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS1

2. Raptor Red
Haven't been able to find much information about this paint, but it's based on the scarlet-metallic color that Ford debuted the new Raptor in, it's tough, vibrant, and complements the black plastic well. The Bronco and Raptor are offroading birds of a feather, matching colors seem appropriate to me.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS2

3. Twister Orange
Currently available on the GT500, it's a bright orange shot across the bow to Jeep's crazy colors, and admittedly I'm personally biased cause I really want an orange/white-roof retro creamsicle.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS3

4. Triple Yellow
Previously available for the Mustang, it's a hell of a lot better than that pale Grabber Yellow on the Mach-1, perfectly fine gloss hue to replace Cyber Orange Metallic.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS4

5. Olive Green
Here's the first one that Ford does not and has not ever made, it's close enough to be reminiscent of olive drab Jeeps, but bright enough to be it's own hue of deep green. Not enough greens on the market, and I think this would be a good contender. Rivian currently offers their SUV in a dark metallic green which could be a possible option for the Bronco given their partnership with Ford, but I think something a bit closer to Army Green would behoove the Bronco.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS5

6. Cactus 51
Area 51 is a bit too dark, Cactus Grey is a bit too light and desaturated, mix them together and you've got a nice light blue-grey that not only stands on it's own, but can double as a white-top retro build.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS6

7. Lightning Blue
Deeper, darker, less candy turquoise than Velocity Blue, this is the essential blue in my opinion, and I hope Ford brings it back.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS7

8. Shadow Black
[Insert Model T Joke Here]

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS8

9. Magnetic Grey
Currently available on the Raptor, it's the gunmetal color that a rough-and-tumble offroader needs.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS9

10. Liquid Silver
A limited-edition color for the Ford GT, but my favorite of Ford's silvers. Unrealistic given the complexities of the paint, but it's very reminiscent of the 04' Bronco Concept, back when Ford was doing all their concept cars in polished metal.

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS10

11. Oxford White
[Insert OJ Simpson Joke Here]

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette BS11

So, those are my choices, out with the grey, in with the rainbow I say. Let me know your thoughts and what colors you think deserve one of the eleven spots in the spray booth.
Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jalapeño Green!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You said you cancelled cause you didnt like any colors... But then like 5 of the colors you picked are already bronco colors... (Silver is sliver to me... Same as carbonized grey and mineral grey).... ?
Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette baby-yoda-drink

Sponsored
OP
OP
TopRecon

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Area51 is literally that color already
Maybe, Area 51 and Cactus Grey both seem to change shade with every different picture I see of them, I recall Area 51 looking much greyer in promotional images, and Ford has outright changed the color of Cactus Grey in Build & Price several times. Still I've gotten the impression that Area 51 is too dark to mimic the light blue/white top combo that a lot of 1st Gen Broncos were sold in.
Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette 1973_ford_bronco_1612219054561cf5d07f20210109_114348

You said you cancelled cause you didnt like any colors... But then like 5 of the colors you picked are already bronco colors... (Silver is sliver to me... Same as carbonized grey and mineral grey).... ?
Race Red, Oxford White, and Shadow Black are the only existing Bronco colors I kept, I really don't have any interest in Black or White but I think it's unrealistic to think that Ford would stop offering them, so I kept them as part of the 11. The other 8 are all different, if subtly.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think the Raptor color you are thinking of is Molten Orange Tri-Coat. Great color.

I want some more OG colors. Caribbean Turquoise, Boxwood, Calypso Coral, Brittany Blue...

Ford Bronco 2022+ Bronco Dream Color Palette 1969 ford truck

Sponsored

lvgambler

Base
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI, F250 Crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Had an Arcadian Blue(probably called something else in '71) 1971 Bronco with a white top. Makes me want to 😢 thinking about it. Closest seems to be Area 51...