Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So Nissan has had 21 years to develop a new chassis for this truck and they went with the bean counter method of "uh, just modify the thing you already got", then absolutely hit the ball out of the park with:
  • All-new last-in-class payload
  • Upgraded last-in-class towing
  • Interior plastics from 2012 never looked so good in 2002! Maybe by 2040 the interior materials will be from 2020? We can only hope
  • carry-forward chassis
  • Motor that got a full year of development in the 12 units sold last year, no reported issues (i kid, but the motor seems to be robust in so far as that there were very few people to complain about having it in their truck, the stat sheet looks good though)
  • Always the economical choice, everybody was happy when they stopped using the dual-cooler which combined transmission and coolant in a single cooler with divorced lines. A leak in one would result in needing to replace the transmission and engine in one go. That's SMART because then the customer gets a 0-mile drivetrain! (unless out of warranty, then the sucker who buys the thing used gets to try and pass it onto an auction to be rid of the ticking timebomb)
  • Engineered to a price, this thing damn well better keep being the cheapest option in it's segment.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looks good. The only thing I don't like is it looks like a Frontier, F150 and Taco all in one. I wish they would have designed something completely different. The dash looks to black and basic. But overall they did more than I thought they would.

Lorenzo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a Toyota

Reactions: RG7

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got a Chevy vibe honestly.

Sponsored

OhhhhhhSnap

Black Diamond
First Name
Elan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pathfinder, 04 F150, 14 CRV. 22 BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So Nissan has had 21 years to develop a new chassis for this truck and they went with the bean counter method of "uh, just modify the thing you already got", then absolutely hit the ball out of the park with:
  • All-new last-in-class payload
  • Upgraded last-in-class towing
  • Interior plastics from 2012 never looked so good in 2002! Maybe by 2040 the interior materials will be from 2020? We can only hope
  • carry-forward chassis
  • Motor that got a full year of development in the 12 units sold last year, no reported issues (i kid, but the motor seems to be robust in so far as that there were very few people to complain about having it in their truck, the stat sheet looks good though)
  • Always the economical choice, everybody was happy when they stopped using the dual-cooler which combined transmission and coolant in a single cooler with divorced lines. A leak in one would result in needing to replace the transmission and engine in one go. That's SMART because then the customer gets a 0-mile drivetrain! (unless out of warranty, then the sucker who buys the thing used gets to try and pass it onto an auction to be rid of the ticking timebomb)
  • Engineered to a price, this thing damn well better keep being the cheapest option in it's segment.
Yummy strawberry milkshake :D.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. It looks just like a Tacoma. Come up with your own design.🤣
That too lol. I had to Google wtf a frontier was because this truck looked like a Tacoma or a Chevy to me. Tacoma was probably more of what I was seeing.

ric42pars

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Explorer, 2008 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just got a Chevy vibe honestly.
Possibly. I could see that. Just the first thing that came to me when I saw it was it’s a Tacoma. Everybody sees things differently. Probably because I have seen more Tacomas.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Eh, if I wanted questionable reliablity I'd buy FCA. Designers are really going all out on headlights nowadays.

Nissan did good with the VQ35 but even that, it's pretty easy for the engine to be considered reliable when the CVT usually shit itself years ahead of schedule.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Eh, if I wanted questionable reliablity I'd buy FCA. Designers are really going all out on headlights nowadays.

Nissan did good with the VQ35 but even that, it's pretty easy for the engine to be considered reliable when the CVT usually shit itself years ahead of schedule.
What's FCA?
Sponsored