NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don’t understand why there’s no 4 cylinder and the 9 speed supposably has a **Plastic** oil pan.

Hasn’t the 4 cylinder been the better seller?
Sponsored

makatron

Badlands
First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu D-Max 3.0L 4-cylinder diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here those are almost outselling the Toyota Hilux, and even though you guys in the US never got the upgrades here the new model it's replacing the 2015 one that never made it state side. 2.5L turbo diesel engine it's capable and I've driven them really hard off-road and feels great. Also there's a manual version here too.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here those are almost outselling the Toyota Hilux, and even though you guys in the US never got the upgrades here the new model it's replacing the 2015 one that never made it state side. 2.5L turbo diesel engine it's capable and I've driven them really hard off-road and feels great. Also there's a manual version here too.
Just stumbled across the new Frontier. As someone who's had family working for Nissan for years so I wind up buying them, I don't think it's terrible... but it seems obvious if you're gonna come for the king (Tacoma/Hilux) you best not miss. It's not awful, but definitely falls short.

Why Nissan never gives the US their good stuff I'll never know. The Armada could have been great if they just announced it as the Nissan Patrol that it should have been. You'd think just making one thing would benefit economies of scale even if it's assembled in the US to get around truck tariffs.

Either way one more competitor offering an "off road" vehicle makes everyone else sharpen up. ...or at least not get lazy haha

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 2011 is pushing 250k. I love it, but the turn radius is the worst I’ve ever experienced. If they didn’t fix that, it’ll suck.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This looks great. I had a 2007 frontier for eight years and 150k-ish miles and it was really a great little truck, and boringly reliable to boot. My dad still has it, and other than replacing a few coils he hasn't had to do anything to is except gas, tires and fluids. The D40 generation was in dire need of an update, and this gets it competitive with the segment, and (pending what ford does with the new gen Ranger) would be what I'd get over the rest if I was buying another small truck.

My 2011 is pushing 250k. I love it, but the turn radius is the worst I’ve ever experienced. If they didn’t fix that, it’ll suck.
Man, you aren't kidding. Even the 2wd models have the turning radius of the Queen Mary. Best preparation I ever got for driving my wife's crewcab longbed F350 was that little truck.
Sponsored