Sponsored

2023 6th gen 4Runner - New Video, Renders & Insight (redesign - not refresh)

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the Yoda way... Try to appeal to as many people as possible... Only, you alienate everyone except for the morons that buy Toyota's "because they're reliable"
i know, it sucks getting over 250k miles out of a vehicle and spending less than $500 total on repairs
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's the Yoda way... Try to appeal to as many people as possible... Only, you alienate everyone except for the morons that buy Toyota's "because they're reliable"
So buying an unreliable vehicle is only for smart people? :unsure: :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So buying an unreliable vehicle is only for smart people? :unsure: :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Are you buying a Bronco because it's the most reliable? 🤣🤣
For some people, theres are a lot more criteria to deciding on a vehicle than just reliability...
When I'm buying a washing machine or a wall clock I want reliability 🤷
Toyota drivers like to shit on Ford for reliability... Like I said, morons.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i know, it sucks getting over 250k miles out of a vehicle and spending less than $500 total on repairs
Was that on your original Tacoma frame before it literally broke in half?? Or the second frame after waiting 10 months for the warranty.
Yoda fan boi's on a Bronco forum. 🤡

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've lived most of life in large urban areas...never very far from 2-3 toyota dealers. But I'm enjoying small town life now...45 min to a 'big 3' dealer - twice that to Toyota.

Combined with the fact that servicing Any vehicle today is 3X the PITA than a decade ago....if Bronco was made precisely the same by Ford, Jeep, and Toyota - I'd buy from Toyota, "because they ARE reliable".
Well, they're not made the same... And thank God for that!
Some people I guess would rather have some generic, hands-free universal, plugin Device from driving from point A to point B 🤷

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So any hopes for a non fake hood scoop? Lol

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fair point. There do seem to be some design issues but UAW workers still don't instill much confidence.
What do you think UAW workers are/aren't doing that is causing problems? I would like to understand your stance on this.

NEBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner, 2008 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The current and previous generations were assembled in Japan, but I have a feeling that if Toyota moved the Tacoma out of the San Antonio plant and moved the sequoia to the San Antonio plant because they share same platform and engine/trans. The Tacoma is now 100% assembled in the new Guanajuato, MX plant, maybe they will move the 4Runner to that same plant because they share the platform. Leaving the Japan plant for that half of the world and the MX plant for North America.
Time will tell.
The fellow in the video said production stays in Japan. Hope he's right, and I think a lot of 4Runner fans will jump ship if production moves to Mexico. A big part of the appeal is the perceived quality that comes from being made in Japan.

Raz4back

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was that on your original Tacoma frame before it literally broke in half?? Or the second frame after waiting 10 months for the warranty.
Yoda fan boi's on a Bronco forum. 🤡
that was on my Tacoma that I traded in February and on my wife’s 4Runner that she is trading on her Bronco.

If I was a “Yoda fan boi” I would be driving a Toyota 🤡

Sponsored

Bronco_Mando

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ranger; MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fellow in the video said production stays in Japan. Hope he's right, and I think a lot of 4Runner fans will jump ship if production moves to Mexico. A big part of the appeal is the perceived quality that comes from being made in Japan.
Had to rewatch the video, and you are correct. He says production will stay in Japan.
But I have this feeling that Toyota isn’t building a brand new plant just for the Tacoma. My guess is that they will build the North American 4Runner in MX.
The only reason I know all this crap, is because I almost bought a Tacoma but then i learned they were built both in MX and Texas, and now only in MX.
I rather support our fellow brothers and sisters employed at the MAP.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that was on my Tacoma that I traded in February and on my wife’s 4Runner that she is trading on her Bronco.

If I was a “Yoda fan boi” I would be driving a Toyota 🤡
Well, at least you had resale value going for you likely.... 👍🏻

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Toyota based a new 4Runner off the 1st Gen as Ford has done with the Bronco, with a removable or partially removable top, manual transmission and better engine options, possibly a turbo, I would definitely be interested. I like Toyotas

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't wait to find out more details about this thing. If Ford keeps dragging their feet I'll definitely jump ship.
Sponsored