Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just in Death Valley and had the same thing happen! Just 4low and it throttled by itself without trail control on. I forget the specifics but I became one with it and knew when it would happen and had foot covering brake to control it. Need to go play around with it again and mail down the exact instances when it occurs. I recall something about being in Manual mode and i up shift from 1-2 or downshift from 2-1ā€¦ 2022 Badlands/SAS/ 2.7
I think this may be what happened to me a few weeks ago. Crawling, 4Lo, Crawl gear. Got stuck on something and the engine just started to rev higher and higher. I kicked the clutch to stop it and recollected myself. Only instance though.
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With more seat time in the trail this is normal for 4 low. Iā€™ve learned to lightly finesse the throttle more, stick it in manual mode when going downhill and lightly control throttle when in automatic mode. Pay close attention to the rpm. Itā€™s not a ATV is what I learned. šŸ˜€

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you some how using rpm matching feature or the trail assist (speed control) ? If so I d shut that stuff off and drive it in Lo Range all by my lonesome self controlled method.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There is no issue, this is how vehicles act in 4Lo, they accelerate on their own because of the gear reduction, both of my Jeeps did it and you just have to know that when you let off the brake the car is moving more than it will when in 2wd and the transmission will shift if left in auto. If this explanation and the one from others isnā€™t good enough to make the OP feel safe then he needs to take it to the dealer and have them check it out.
This vehicle should not move on its own with pedal at full return position in any gear. Only the 7MT should do so. What if you had doors off and stepped or fell out? There is no kill cable attached to your wrist or ankle.

Reminds me of the special plugs that when changed out would have old 2wd vehicles moving at 6 mph on their own

And glad I have not used 4L

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you some how using rpm matching feature or the trail assist (speed control) ? If so I d shut that stuff off and drive it in Lo Range all by my lonesome self controlled method.
Maybe install a coil disconnect on 2 of 6 or 1 of 4 cylinders. Bet it would sit still then without moving on its own

Sponsored

Brianā€™sBronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands/17 Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This vehicle should not move on its own with pedal at full return position in any gear. Only the 7MT should do so. What if you had doors off and stepped or fell out? There is no kill cable attached to your wrist or ankle.

Reminds me of the special plugs that when changed out would have old 2wd vehicles moving at 6 mph on their own

And glad I have not used 4L
Are you serious? Almost all vehicles will move on their own in gear and no pressure on the pedal, especially when in 4Lo. Park your Bronco on a flat even surface and let off the brake and like magic itā€™ll start moving, then try it in 4Lo and see the difference.

And if youā€™re worried about falling out of your Bronco with the doors off youā€™ll be glad to know they installed these nifty things called seat belts that keep you in your seat.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is why manual transmissions add control.
Sponsored