First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Bronco & 2022 Bronco (ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will start my personal build thread even before I have Bronco in my hands. It’s been a journey to get to this point, starting my obsession in 2020, selling my built 4Runner in 2021, ordering Bronco BL-SAS Feb 2022, tweaking order a few days later, then this FORD debacle forcing me to update my order and remove LUX, SAS, but hell nor high water I’m KEEPING my MIC. But I do have a plan of success and here it is:

2023 Badlands, 4dr, MIC, 2.7L, Auto, HIGH, TOW, non-SAS, EG
My use plans are Overlanding, Camping at far reaching locations, handle the harsh short winters, tow an Overlanding trailer.

Mod Plan:
Suspension/Lift - OME BP-51 lift system with all new coilovers, UCA, ICON tie rods, (built for Overlanding and gear weight)
Bumpers - Front ARB Summit, Rear JCR Crusader
Sliders - RCI Offroad 20 degree
Skids - RCI Offroad full belly plus rear diff
Winch - Superwinch 10K
Gobi Stealth Rack
Freespirit Evolution Ver2 RTT
HiLift Jack
Black Rhino Abram wheels
BFG KM3 tires (37s)
Various lights including rear chase light
Rear storage for fridge, food, gear, etc etc (hence needing heavier rear springs)
Future - Turtleback Overlanding trailer

Hoping I get Bronco this year (fingers crossed). I’ve done TONS of research, listened to all of you, watched many videos, called vendors, learned from ALL to develop my final plan (always room for change tho). Once I get Bronco I will be excited to start a journal to share here.

Some pics attached of vision vehicle and parts

36E03B88-DEBE-4427-942A-5BEB21C6D854.jpeg

0AA0CD9E-D19B-4C97-B39A-EC7A5A5AB67C.jpeg

92C908AA-58F6-411F-9D15-A55097E38783.jpeg

9E12C320-0DAD-4412-9712-5E3D3223A8E1.jpeg

5E23F715-45E7-4725-9735-018240F0FD1C.jpeg

4D877D47-7E88-4016-A56A-56D511AB5E77.jpeg

93C95A7A-0847-49CC-851D-944277170E28.jpeg

C18CF714-0C22-41DE-9D64-DEBBF0AD2C2D.jpeg

606855B3-5455-4531-9269-FC95885A88ED.jpeg

EB37AC39-234A-425E-8CA9-CC9181ED31F3.jpeg

DFDEAAB1-0B6A-47A5-815D-751A7B38132A.jpeg

Bronco Bumpers.jpg

Rhino Gear.jpg

5086D936-A3A2-44F0-B7F4-4160EFA30723.png
This receiver shackle for your hitch is a no-no. Yank on another vehicle and the result will make you sad.
Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story 1684877976560
Sponsored

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thought I’d give an update:

Spent last couple days preparing ARB SUMMIT, all the wiring, new fogs, new camera/cruise locations, ordered a camera extension from Amazon (waiting), lifted bumper onto floor jack (needing wood/rubber to make higher to reach Bronco). Wire Harness work was slow but methodical. I wanted to make as OEM as possible. Had to tear apart harness once cuz in my stupidity I wired in the wrong connections for the fogs…DUH!!! Recovered from that pretty fast but lost sleep the night before not knowing for sure if I’d screwed up…I did.

Fogs work :) I will need to wire the backlit which is amber but I’ll wait till I mount bumper. Quite the fun job and nice to do in clean garage w all the tools, etc I need. Final install will happen this weekend when my son can help. I’m excited and anxious. Still unsure if I’ll drill the 2 extra holes ARB requires in frame head piece, for a total of 4 per side. I probably will cuz this is the only chance to do so.

More to come………

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg

IMG_3335.jpeg

IMG_3336.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3333.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today’s tasks were to install the ARB brackets that mount bumper to frame. Those were a bitch as the shared intercooler bolt was VERY difficult to reach. More on driver side. A clap trap of parts but I got both done!!!! Next was to wire the blinker lights in the ARB to the headlight wire harness. This was scary as you have to cut 3 wires per harness from OEM and splice in extension for blinkers. First attempt successful :) On passenger side it said tie into yellow/white wire but I only had 2 yellow wires and both had purple stripe, so I took 50/50 chance and tied into the larger diameter one and BOOOM it worked :) Once again I’m beat for the day. I commend ANYONE who did this job in entirety in 8hrs or 1 day…I did take my time, do everything very OEM, used shrink/solder connections and wrapped w tape to make look professional. Nonetheless this job is several days to do it good, so I’m proud to be accomplishing by myself.

This is it though..I’m ready to install bumper to Bronco. I might attempt tmrw by myself or wait for my son this Saturday…Not sure yet but that floor jack I’m using helps this to potentially be a once person job.

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3342.jpeg

IMG_3343.jpeg

IMG_3345.jpeg

IMG_3346.jpeg

IMG_3344.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn’t happy/confident with the length of ACC I had to reach the new location so I decided to extend it 10”. In the ARB instructions it does not mention this but the picture sure implies it. There’s no way my original cable length matched their pic. It should/better reach now

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3349.jpeg

IMG_3350.jpeg

IMG_3351.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She’s installed….The 8 bolts (2 had to be drilled) were a bitch, the shims a pain but it’s done. The floor jack was a MUST. I had to micro-adjust, wiggle, etc to get the bolts in. Several steps done over again after realizing forgot something to connect. But it’s now on the Bronco under it’s own power. More experience details later but I’m beat.

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3359

IMG_3360.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More pics and ideas. Vision lights on ARB. Wasn’t the plan but look pretty good I think

IMG_7631.jpeg

IMG_7632.jpeg

IMG_7633.jpeg

IMG_7634.jpeg

IMG_7635.jpeg

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

curious on what other systems you were thinking about. I’m interested in the Atak but worried it might be a bit much. Been looking into fast intentions

Exhaust Decision:

Well after much contemplation, research, and sleeping on it, I pulled the trigger and ordered BORLA ATAK axle back exhaust in polished tips. I wanted the tips polished but did ask if they could paint the rest and the answer was no. I might paint myself in VHT Satin Black, masking the tips of course or have my friend ceramic coat it….OR just leave it. More to come once I get and report out on the install and sound changes.

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7635

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

curious on what other systems you were thinking about. I’m interested in the Atak but worried it might be a bit much. Been looking into fast intentions
I’ve heard sound clips of several, seen guys get:return Magna Flow, and have experience with Borla. They build a nice sound. I had S Tyoe on my Camaro and it was amazing on a V8. I figured I’d try ATAK this time since it’s a little V6

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Had Borla on my Trans Am and loved it. Need to find a way to hear some Bronco exhausts in person.

I’ve heard sound clips of several, seen guys get:return Magna Flow, and have experience with Borla. They build a nice sound. I had S Tyoe on my Camaro and it was amazing on a V8. I figured I’d try ATAK this time since it’s a little V6

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB Summit done, lights on bumper done, winch done. All works.. What a BIG job that was, all by myself. Next is GOBI rack, more lights and ARB compressor. I need a break for a few days but am very happy. Oh…I forgot…..BORLA ATAK exhaust done. Sounds amazing and just perfect.

Only weird glitch is when I turn on those 2 Vision X lights (4A per light) the radio goes static. Not sure what to think

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_7639.jpeg

IMG_7640.jpeg

IMG_7641.jpeg

IMG_7643.jpeg

IMG_7644.jpeg

IMG_7645.jpeg

Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ARB Summit done, lights on bumper done, winch done. All works.. What a BIG job that was, all by myself. Next is GOBI rack, more lights and ARB compressor. I need a break for a few days but am very happy. Oh…I forgot…..BORLA ATAK exhaust done. Sounds amazing and just perfect.

Only weird glitch is when I turn on those 2 Vision X lights (4A per light) the radio goes static. Not sure what to think

IMG_3366.jpeg

IMG_3367.jpeg

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_7639.jpeg

IMG_7640.jpeg

IMG_7641.jpeg

IMG_7643.jpeg

IMG_7644.jpeg

IMG_7645.jpeg
Really well put together.

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Accomplishments last few days:

JCR/ARB compressor support brackets and compressor installed and wired. With the exception that I needed a Micro3 “Add A Circuit” to tap into under dash fuse box, so waiting for that. Installing brackets was easy/hard. Lots of moving around, laying over the engine, some cussing, a little blood on the fender but got those fricken bolts done. Much of the connections in the ARB wire harness are not being used in my application, so I taped them all up OEM style and tried my best to hide them. The harness was SUPER long which is good but I had to coil up a bunch and hide it. For those who struggled like I did, the inside the cab fuse box is under the steering wheel to the left. So much google searching with wrong answers until I finally discovered it. Pry tool the trim panel under the steering wheel (pretty easy and I’ve done it now 10x) and it hinges down exposing the fuse box. I struggled where to put the ARB compressor switch and the only location that it would fit is horizontally in that trim panel, in the middle and almost to the edge. If I mounted it .125” lower the backshell wires would have hit the metal brace behind the panel. I marked a rectangular hole, took a deep breath and cut my trim panel. Turned out pretty good. Some might comment “what if you hit it w your knee”. It’s pretty far away but worst case I do, the compressor turns on. Another note……where the compressor mounts and if you leave the connection vertical, it hits the under hood insulation barely. I’m ok with this. I could angle it a bit but will leave for now. You will need to buy some big ass connections to connect power/ground wires to the battery. Just fyi. Sorry for long explanation but it was quite involved and I wanted to share my experience.

Next task was to get started on the GOBI rack. Mounted the head piece all by myself. I ratchet strapped to the ceiling and slowly position truck, then gently lowered into position, got bolts started and worked slowly to make sure to not damage anything. Worked perfect. Today I will continue and try to get rest of GOBI done by tmrw or Saturday when my son can help. Hoisting from the ceiling really helps and enables a one person job. I did take the top off for access and experience top off for first time. REALLY fun!!!!

IMG_3390.jpeg

IMG_3391.jpeg

IMG_3393.jpeg

IMG_3396.jpeg

IMG_3395.jpeg

IMG_3401.jpeg

IMG_3402.jpeg

IMG_3403.jpeg

IMG_7661.jpeg

IMG_7663.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today’s accomplishment was to install the GOBI pivot brackets…These were quite challenging but I finished. I didn’t take any photos during the process but I can tell what you see at the end is the tip of the iceburg. The structure behind that pivot point is quite involved, beefy and takes many bolts of which some GOBI did not supply. Quick trip to Lowes and I was able to finish. This step is critical to complete the GOBI install which will be tmrw.

IMG_3407.jpeg

OP
OP
Inlinejohn

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today was a long day but got the GOBI rack installed and one ladder on. Used my RTT pulley system to lift rack over the Bronco and worked great. I had a couple mishaps. I need to look again but don’t recall GOBI saying take 2 small screws going thru back roof and truck sides. But I ripped those thru the plastic :( Oh well….I will remove and put a fender washer over it. Second thing is I got a frozen bolt/nut on one ladder so that’s why I quit for the day. That’s tmrw’s task. All in all it went well and w/o second person, the pulley system was the only way. I love it, really completes the Bronco theme I wanted (Safari) and looks great on. Next will be to test RTT on.

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3408

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3409

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3410

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3411

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3412

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_3414

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7665

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7666

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7667

Ford Bronco 2023 Badlands Story IMG_7668
Sponsored

Last edited: