First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F150 short bed
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That means YOU are paying the additional sales tax on the difference between when it was ordered and delivered. In my case $900.
Actually I'm not paying any sales tax. But you should be able to request a refund for overpayment to your state. They are not due more than what you paid. I'm not a pro but you could check with one.
Sponsored

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, it’s the dealer’s discretion if they take it off and float the difference (on their books for the duration it takes Ford to payout) at time of sale. Not all dealers are willing to carry this expense Or as in this case, the customer pays sticker but gets a cash refund from Ford. 3 months seems a bit long, most seem to be getting their checks quicker.

It’s advantageous to the buyer to get the discount up front. For sales tax and financing interest rate/payment savings. But some customers would rather have cash in hand and use it for upgrades or whatever. So it can go both ways.

Well I’d say myself and one other guy are pretty much screwed.

8045CB30-155E-4A83-B71A-B213BE352875.jpeg

300E1396-ABB1-4E8D-AB93-60FDA631F549.jpeg

81DD5CD3-17AE-470D-A1FF-2E5925BB5ED7.jpeg

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not all dealers are knowledgeable on how to go about this. It sounds like yours IS WILLING to work with you. That’s a lot better than many others have had and gives you a shot at the outcome you want. I’d suggest helping them out, rather than slamming them.

Your dealer could talk to their regional Ford corporate sales director. Hash out the particulars with your order and Get pre-approval on the price protection. Sounds like this will go a long way for both parties confidence. Then you might get the up front price reduction you want rather than a refund.

In the interim you can call Ford (this may take several calls and different departments). And see if you have a valid private offer. Get the certificate number. People have reported that first name/last name might be backwards or other odd things. It takes patience and luck. Some people have an offer. Some don’t. It depends on your individual situation. Many private offers did not qualify for a Raptor purchase. Keep in mind that a private offer is entirely separate from price protection and has nothing to do with your DORA and MSRP, which is really what you are concerned with. Try to keep this clear when you work with your dealer.

Good luck!

Internationalraptor

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Scout 2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not all dealers are knowledgeable on how to go about this. It sounds like yours IS WILLING to work with you. That’s a lot better than many others have had and gives you a shot at the outcome you want. I’d suggest helping them out, rather than slamming them.

Your dealer could talk to their regional Ford corporate sales director. Hash out the particulars with your order and Get pre-approval on the price protection. Sounds like this will go a long way for both parties confidence. Then you might get the up front price reduction you want rather than a refund.

In the interim you can call Ford (this may take several calls and different departments). And see if you have a valid private offer. Get the certificate number. People have reported that first name/last name might be backwards or other odd things. It takes patience and luck. Some people have an offer. Some don’t. It depends on your individual situation. Many private offers did not qualify for a Raptor purchase. Keep in mind that a private offer is entirely separate from price protection and has nothing to do with your DORA and MSRP, which is really what you are concerned with. Try to keep this clear when you work with your dealer.

Good luck!
Where exactly did I slam him. Was it where I made sure all the corespondents between him and I was devoid of any identifiers? Saying I’m screwed isn’t slamming my dealer. That’s my assessment after three hours of being bounced around Ford’s customer service representatives.
Sponsored